WALL-E & Teenagers

YoungNY

I know I'll be the odd one out here, but I'm 27. I saw Wall E a few years ago and thought it was horrible. It was so boring, I don't get how kids could like it. Maybe if I saw it again I might change my mind, but really have no desire to see it again.

Gomer

Wall-e is a perfect example of an all ages movie. Quality has no generational boundaries.

Wall-e is probably among my top 10 movies of all time. But, at the same time my 2 yr old and 8 yr old probably watch it 2-3 times a week. I can't think of any other movie that shares that level of cross-generational agreement.

scout68

With movie like this with such a powerful underlying message that appeals to such broad audience, Why the all but complete lack of "in park" presence?
Although I like Push the trash can in Tomorrow Land, How cool would it be to have even a simple Wall-E robot interacting with the guests?

rufio

With movie like this with such a powerful underlying message that appeals to such broad audience, Why the all but complete lack of "in park" presence?
Although I like Push the trash can in Tomorrow Land, How cool would it be to have even a simple Wall-E robot interacting with the guests?

I agree. I do wish they would bring Wall-E to the parks. But I think (just from experiences with my family) the movie offended some people and others just didn't get it. Or think that the message is stupid because it won't happen in their lifetime or will never get that bad. I personally love the movie.

Britt

I know I'll be the odd one out here, but I'm 27. I saw Wall E a few years ago and thought it was horrible. It was so boring, I don't get how kids could like it. Maybe if I saw it again I might change my mind, but really have no desire to see it again.
I agree. I really didn't enjoy it at all. My kids are ok with it every once in awhile, but it's definitely not a favorite.

I appreciate a movie with a message, but it just did nothing for me. I slept through it the first time I watched it...lol

Rasvar

Wall-E in the parks is akin to Habit Heros if you look closely at the storyline. I love the movie but i know it actually offends some people on the story line. Plus, if you look carefully enough, Wall-E kind of portrays some of things TDO does in a bad light too. ;)

BryceM

I wrote up a whole, long WALL-E 3-D show for Theme Park Apprentice 4 on Themeparkinsider.com that replaced Stitch's Great Escape.

It was pretty awesome! :D

MattC

We were watching Wall-E last night too. It's an awesome movie and I think it's a funny movie. Some touching parts as well. But the humor is very good, perfect comedic timing.

The Empress Lilly

I love Wall-E! The story is touching, and I totally enjoyed the social criticism.

There's a fun Wall-E and Eve statue in 'Tomorrowland' in DLP!

5148921610_31a79a2f16_z.jpg

c-one

I'd love a Wall-E something, too. But the film has such a direct "The way we're living will be our own extinction" message that I'm amazed it was released under the Disney banner to begin with -- a park presence would probably be pushing the envelope. It's true, but too many people would get their undies in a twist. An awful lot of WDW guests look like the human characters in that film...

stlbobby

I'd love a Wall-E something, too. But the film has such a direct "The way we're living will be our own extinction" message that I'm amazed it was released under the Disney banner to begin with -- a park presence would probably be pushing the envelope. It's true, but too many people would get their undies in a twist. An awful lot of WDW guests look like the human characters in that film...

I don't think the message is really the reason. Conservation Station in AK and Circle of Life in EPCOT are unabashedly pro-conservation. WDW has fully embraced the ecological message. I think they just have not found the right attraction or venue to exploit WALL-E. It honestly amazes me how long it takes them to go from movie to ride sometimes. Carsland just opened in DL and that movie came 2 years before WALL-E. We still here hear talk about a Monsters Inc. roller coaster and that was before either.

And how long did it take to get that 7 Dwarfs Mine Train going. I mean really what was the delay?--sarcasm alert

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom