Walkway to epcot

poohster

Original Poster
We are staying at the beach club resort and was wondering where the walkway takes you within epcot is it between france and uk in showcase? :veryconfu

C&D

Yes, when you enter through the International Gateway entrance, you are at the bridge between Great Britain and France.

C&D

Even thought the countries don't opten until 11am, you can still enter EPCOT through the International Gateway, at the official EPCOT opening time. The areas not open yet, are roped off, so you just walk past them and come to EPCOT-proper from behind.

DVC Dave

We are staying at the beach club resort and was wondering where the walkway takes you within epcot is it between france and uk in showcase? :veryconfu

We love the Beach Club and Highly Recommend it! depending on where you are at the BC it should take only about 5 to 8 minutes to walk over to Epcot. Yes you do come out between France and the UK. And Yes you can go through there any time to go to the front of the park, even thought the nations do not open until 11. We enjoy walking slowly through a mostly deserted section of Epcot.

I hope you also know that the board walk is a quick 5 minute walk around the lake as well. another fun area, especially at night.

Have a great time and let me know if you need any specific info! its 403 days till I get to go back to the Beach Club, my home away from home.

poohster

Original Poster
thanks Dave. We are there in 42 days time :cool: cant wait.
We stayed at the poly the last time we went and that was 10yrs ago :eek:
what is the BC like, do most the rooms have good views and is transport ok form there, we are looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot and MGM but i guess it takes a while to get to MG and Downtown, what are the eaters like? , we are planning on eating in epcot most nights :slurp:

We are bit apprehensive about going this time as we dont want DW to of changed for the worse as we had a great time last time.

ThinkTink721

Yes, you can enter Epcot's World Showcase through the International Gateway.
I have heard that it is about a 5 min. walk.

Vernonpush

Yes, when you enter through the International Gateway entrance, you are at the bridge between Great Britain and France.
On the Great Britian side of the bridge.

thanks Dave. We are there in 42 days time :cool: cant wait.
We stayed at the poly the last time we went and that was 10yrs ago :eek:
what is the BC like, do most the rooms have good views and is transport ok form there, we are looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot and MGM but i guess it takes a while to get to MG and Downtown, what are the eaters like? , we are planning on eating in epcot most nights :slurp:

We are bit apprehensive about going this time as we dont want DW to of changed for the worse as we had a great time last time.

The BC is great! The views vary, our first time there (standard view) we were able to see the fireworks (the high ones) of IlumiNations from our balcony, the second time (standard view, again) we could see the fireworks from the MK. The busses are shared with the other Epcot Resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk) and they can fill up quite fast. Spoodles and The Yacht Club Galley (they have a buffet) are good for breakfast (cheaper than the Character Buffet at the BC). Of course the proximity to Epcot is great for dining options. The best part is being so close to two Parks, nothing is better than knowing that at the end of the day it's just a short walk from Epcot (5-10 mins.) and The Studios (15-20 mins.) and you don't have to wait for a bus to get crammed into.:lol:

Have a Magical time.

P. S. The pool is great, also.

scpergj

You know, we loved the convenience of being able to enter EPCOT from the International Gateway, but to me, the best part of staying at an EPCOT resort was the walk back to the room...no fighting large crowds, that sort of thing. We were able to casually leave after Illuminations, no problems!

ask!

Shelby,

We stayed at the Dolphin in August....the walk to EPCOT is about 10 mins and we walked it the grueling >95 degree heat! It is a very pleasant walk and you can walk via the Boardwalk or Y&B Club....we prefered the BW route.

One of the tips that we discovered is to take the Friendship boat because of all the walking you do in the parks. However, the Friendship boat is very, very slow because of all the stops in makes on the route.

This is the order of the stops:
EPCOT......Boardwalk......Y&B.......Dolphin/Swan.......MGM
MGM......Dolphin/Swan.......Y&B.......Boardwalk.......EPCOT

So, from the Dolphin, we would be only one stop from MGM , pretty quick. We learned to walk to the Boardwalk dock, less than a 5 min stroll, when we went to EPCOT, as we were then only one stop away.

I guess in the final analysis it does actually take the same amount of time, but for some reason we found the process of docking the ferry and boarding all the people grueling, as we were so excited to get to the parks. Maybe, it is because we are impatient big city people or maybe we are just plain impatient!

BTW, we thought that this area was just fantastic and enjoyed our stay at the Dolphin immensesly. Have you signed up for the free Starwood Preferred memebership? We were upgraded to a balcony view of TOT...and it was a great place to dry bathing suits!

Poohster,

I would also recommend walking over to the clamshell walkway at the Dolphin, a short 5 min stroll, so that you are one stop away from MGM....that is if your feet are not hurting as mine were. The grounds and views in this whole EPCOT area are just so beautiful.

Andrea

ask!

Just a warning for all those staying in the EPCOT resort area

I offered my boat transportation tips for the EPCOT area resorts in my post above. I would like to share an even bigger tip about the bus transportation, especially to DTD.

MY DS and I went to DTD as my DD and DH waited at the Center Care due to her strep throat and 102.5 degree fever. We wanted to get back to the Dolphin, so we found the bus stop area in DTD clearly marked for the Y&B, Dolphin/Swan and BW. The bus arrived and we boarded.

But first the bus went to the TL and then off to the Beach Club and then the Yacht Club and the next thing I knew we were headed back to DTD! We were trapped on the bus for about an hour...the bus trip felt longer than the plane ride!

So pay attention.....from DTD, there is a different bus that goes to the Dolphin/Swan and BW and another bus that goes to the Y&B. But when we went to MK, the same bus went to all of the hotels in this EPCOT area and was pretty crowded.....so pay attention and be sure to check!

Just wanted to share this tip so that others don't get trapped on the bus like we did. It is a funny memory now and still was more fun than waiting at the Center care.

Andrea

M:SpilotISTC12

If your staying in the villas there is a walkway on your right when your coming our of the resort by the Marketplace and walking toward the villas take that path. You will go behind some rooms and it will take you to the bridge that takes you right there. It cuts your walking time by like 5 mins. Its great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom