Walking from park to park

elmjimmlm

Original Poster
I know there is a walkway from EPCOT to the Boardwalk Resort. Can anyone tell me if you can walk from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios? If so, is there a walkway or road or what? And where do you come out into HS at?:veryconfu

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Welcome to the Boards. :wave:

I would HIGHLY recommend walking. The boats take about twice as long. Seriously. I almost got off at one of the stops so I could walk. It was painful.

It is a nice walk. I would still walk it in July-August heat of pouring down rain. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From the Boardwalk follow the river next to the Swan, heading away from the hotels, or head for the Boardwalk tennis courts and turn left along the canal. It is signposted. The path takes you under Buena Vista Drive and you end up next to the lake infront of DHS and the bus station. It`s less than a half mile from the end of the Boardwalk resort to the DHS parking lot.

foreverbelle

I agree it is a nice walk! We do it from time to time of course this is providing we aren't to tired. Or to lazy...But I to recommend it.

timeman

I did it yesterday to Hollywood Studios. I needed to get my annual pass and didn't want to have to pay to park to get it, so I went to the Boardwalk and parked. I walked around the resort and saw the path for Epcot and walked all the way around to where you could walk over to the Swan & Dolphin. On the Boardwalk side was the path to Hollywood Studios. I walked down it to Hollywood Studios and caught up with an older couple who were walking to Hollywood Studios from Epcot.

The path puts you out right where the buses load. The way to find the pathway to Hollywood Studios when you park at the Boardwalk go to your left toward the Swan & Dolphin and right before you cross the bridge over the water to go to the Swan & Dolphin the path to Hollywood Studios is on your left. There is a small sign pointing the way. To get to Epcot from the Boardwalk just go to your right when you enter and you will come across the sign pointing out the path to Epcot.

It is a nice walk and I know that when I come back down in December I will be taking the path so I can check out the Boardwalk.

Phonedave

I did it yesterday to Hollywood Studios. I needed to get my annual pass and didn't want to have to pay to park to get it, so I went to the Boardwalk and parked. I walked around the resort and saw the path for Epcot and walked all the way around to where you could walk over to the Swan & Dolphin. On the Boardwalk side was the path to Hollywood Studios. I walked down it to Hollywood Studios and caught up with an older couple who were walking to Hollywood Studios from Epcot.​

The path puts you out right where the buses load. The way to find the pathway to Hollywood Studios when you park at the Boardwalk go to your left toward the Swan & Dolphin and right before you cross the bridge over the water to go to the Swan & Dolphin the path to Hollywood Studios is on your left. There is a small sign pointing the way. To get to Epcot from the Boardwalk just go to your right when you enter and you will come across the sign pointing out the path to Epcot.​

It is a nice walk and I know that when I come back down in December I will be taking the path so I can check out the Boardwalk.​

Semi off-topic FYI

Whenever either purchasing an AP or renewing an expired one, I have just told the CM working thd parking lot gate what I was going in to do, and they just waved me through.

I think once I showed them my expired AP, but the other times I was just waved through.

-dave

bgraham34

I walked from the studios to Epcot once. It is a nice walk but I will say the end of that day my legs were really killing me.

Philo

Like others have said, it's a nice walk but I never made it all the way to DHS. We only went for a little exploration around the boardwalk / Swan & Dolphin so a few hundred meters later we turned around and got ice cream.

Rob562

Semi off-topic FYI

Whenever either purchasing an AP or renewing an expired one, I have just told the CM working thd parking lot gate what I was going in to do, and they just waved me through.

I think once I showed them my expired AP, but the other times I was just waved through.

-dave

Also, APs can be purchased/renewed at the two Downtown Disney Guest Relations locations, and there is no parking fee to park down there.
(I think the West Side GR location was recently moved to the DisneyQuest building when Characters in Flight opened)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom