Walk thru Que area and not ride?

Goofynana

Original Poster
Do all of the rides (at least the scary ones) have a walk thru que area and you can leave through an exit with actually riding the ride. I just can't make myself ride Tower of Terror, Rocking Roller Coaster, mmmm think that is it - can I walk through the que area with my family but then not ride??

kasey1988

you sure can go through with your family and not ride. Most rides have exits. My first time when i was younger no one in my family would ride the rockin roller coaster with me so i tried to be brave and go alone, well i ended up chickening out and using the exit.

SWatsi

Yep my Mom uses this for the Tower of Terror, I guess she doesn't like the feeling of dropping? I would much prefer her to do this than to wait outside if she is going to be alone. I don't want to be sending out a 'lost parent' call... :p

Philo

I can't see this ever being a problem - if the worst happens you can always go back through the queue. Just don't try to take the elevator out of ToT

Raven66

Yep my Mom uses this for the Tower of Terror, I guess she doesn't like the feeling of dropping? I would much prefer her to do this than to wait outside if she is going to be alone. I don't want to be sending out a 'lost parent' call... :p

I do this except with RnRC. I just sit on a wall and people watch. This is one of the hidden treasures of WDW. Just people watching. :)

diddy_mouse

I proudly took the "chicken exit" when my husband wanted to ride ToT for the first time. Just walking through the queue got me all tense so I knew I'd never be able to ride! :lol: I've done this at other amusement parks like Kings Dominion...there is no rule saying you MUST ride one you get in line. :)

Goofynana

Original Poster
;):ROFLOL:I thought this was the case - but never walked thru ToT -- I will try it this time (the walk thru!). And yes people watching is the best in Disney World - if we can ever make ourselves stop long enough to watch and see what is going on around us - we miss a lot moving so fast.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can't see this ever being a problem - if the worst happens you can always go back through the queue. Just don't try to take the elevator out of ToT
Actually the chicken exit for ToT is an elevator. How's that for irony?:lol:

Goofynana

Original Poster
LOL - I was going to respond about that comment "don't take the elevator" but let it go - now I understand - gee I better watch which elevator I get in - I may be surprised!!:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LOL - I was going to respond about that comment "don't take the elevator" but let it go - now I understand - gee I better watch which elevator I get in - I may be surprised!!:lol:
One of the most interesting things I ever saw on ToT was a guy that wanted to see the queue and figured he would take the chicken exit. He was not afraid of the falling aspects of the ride he was deathly afraid of elevators.:lol:

olmec26

One of the most interesting things I ever saw on ToT was a guy that wanted to see the queue and figured he would take the chicken exit. He was not afraid of the falling aspects of the ride he was deathly afraid of elevators.:lol:

Oh the irony... :ROFLOL:

On a side note, does anyone else think that the chicken exit elevator should be themed a little? I mean, it is visible to guests, even those not taking the chicken exit...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

On a side note, does anyone else think that the chicken exit elevator should be themed a little? I mean, it is visible to guests, even those not taking the chicken exit...
It would be nice but in the grand scheme of things it is not that big of a deal.

Space Mountain

Crush n' Gusher's elevator at Typhoon Lagoon is themed. It was originally painted to look terribly worn out and sound effects were added inside. After some guest complaints thinking there was a malfunction, it was recently repainted to look a bit more modern...still creepy to go in and you have to second guess yourself because half the time you wont get out :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom