Walk in to Casting?

elisatonks

you can but expect to be there for hours, they have the facility now to apply online then they schedule an appointment when vacancies appear. (which is not that often at the moment.)

disneypearl

you can but expect to be there for hours, they have the facility now to apply online then they schedule an appointment when vacancies appear. (which is not that often at the moment.)

Is this normal for there to be so few vacancies this time of year? I am wondering when things will pick up and they will begin to hire. Does fall look better for vacancies?

elisatonks

Is this normal for there to be so few vacancies this time of year? I am wondering when things will pick up and they will begin to hire. Does fall look better for vacancies?

from what i've heard from current CM's there is usually alot more vacancies at this time of year, but it would seem the economy is effecting even entry level positions, and while the total freeze seems to be over there is strict guidelines about when managers can recruit. I have now been on the waiting list for 6 weeks and heard nothing from disney. they are only hiring housekeeping, custodial and F&B at the mo, roles i can't do for medical reasons. (I have a back injury from a car wreck in 2007 which is well on the mend, but i don't want to make worse.)

Figment82

If you walk in to Casting now, they will only point you to the computers and have you fill out the form electronically. You are better off saving the trip over and just applying online.

My dad got a notice back that his application had been rejected as there were no openings for what he was looking for. Hopefully things will start picking up again soon, but the new CP's are coming in now and that fills up a lot of front line positions right there.

elisatonks

If you walk in to Casting now, they will only point you to the computers and have you fill out the form electronically. You are better off saving the trip over and just applying online.

My dad got a notice back that his application had been rejected as there were no openings for what he was looking for. Hopefully things will start picking up again soon, but the new CP's are coming in now and that fills up a lot of front line positions right there.

sorry to hear about your dad's application, hopefully in 6 months when he is able to apply again they will be nearer to normal hiring. As for me the wait continues.

disneypearl

from what i've heard from current CM's there is usually alot more vacancies at this time of year, but it would seem the economy is effecting even entry level positions, and while the total freeze seems to be over there is strict guidelines about when managers can recruit. I have now been on the waiting list for 6 weeks and heard nothing from disney. they are only hiring housekeeping, custodial and F&B at the mo, roles i can't do for medical reasons. (I have a back injury from a car wreck in 2007 which is well on the mend, but i don't want to make worse.)

Hopefully things will pick up and we will find openings soon.
Thanks for your reply!

Figment82

sorry to hear about your dad's application, hopefully in 6 months when he is able to apply again they will be nearer to normal hiring. As for me the wait continues.

Eh, he'll be okay. :) He's technically retired and was just looking for something to do. He'd love to get a job at the parks, but it's not a necessity - just a dream fulfillment of sorts.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

disneypearl

Have you had any luck or are you still on the waiting list? I haven't heard anything yet myself. Hopefully things will pick up soon!

elisatonks

Which really is a slap in the face for all the people out of work in the area. It's a shame that Disney would rather pay CPs next to nothing who don't even really care about the job instead of supporting their local work force. And the international CPs are really a slap in the face. All of the American people who are out of work in this area and they employ these kids from other countries that just don't have a clue.

Be careful i am an ex ICP!!! There are to types of CP, the ones who want to work and get expereince and the ones that are more bothered about being able to play in the parks and ER. Disney employs a certain amount however it does seem that the standads for an ICP are dropping and the numbers are increasing, esp from far eastern countries such as China (maybe to encourage them to apply for the parks over there as they open???) Anyway they can continue not recruitig forever, as there cast will eventually start dropping like flys because they have worked so much its made them ill.

Wilt Dasney

I can see both sides. I can't blame somebody who's trying to make a living out of a Disney career for being resentful at the impact of CP's on wages/hours/etc.

At the same time, 5 of the best months of my life came on the College Program. Memories I wouldn't trade for anything, so it would be a shame to see the program go away entirely.

elisatonks

I'm sorry...but most CPs I worked with could care less about Disney and are only worrying about partying. They could do that at home and not take jobs from the local people who will still be here and out of work a CPs program is over and they are long gone back home.

still don't automatically sterotype, there are those out there who do work, even though we are in the minority. I must have been lucky as i can only think of a couple of CP's who were hopeless in my area, and both happened to be chinese.

elisatonks

I would have to say the worst five months of my Disney career was when we had to train the kids from Hong Kong to open HKDL. At least one a day was getting hurt. We had more down time and mistakes while they were here...it was a major nightmare. The managers were counting the days until they left. The Hong Kong kids would "break lands" and not even care, and I'm not talking about early on in their program...I'm talking about at least half way through or near the end. I'll never forget one night I had to run out into the park the check something and happened to notice one of our FL popcorn vendors was hanging out in full costume at the popcorn wagon on the hub. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wanted to visit with his roommate. I asked him if he relized he was "breaking lands" and he still said "but I want to visit with my roommate. Needless to say he did receive a reprimand for that.

These two were regularly found hiding out in the breakroom, whilst we were loading guests. Very annoying for those of us who worked our butts off> i worked my butt off and can happly say most of my friends here in FL are those who were perm CM's when i was on my college program and i must have made a good impression (they voted me cast member of the month for the area on my last month there) oh yes and on of those perm CM's asked me out, and we eventually became husband and wife. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom