Wake me up when September Ends: Oct. TR - Friends, Fun, and Disney at Forty!

It's us! Again! September marks the first month that we haven't visited WDW since getting our AP's in April, so we are itching to get back 'home!' Now, someone once posted a whole thread about how people who live far away from WDW manage to get there so often, so I feel I should clarify some things. Not all of those trips were 'once a month.' The reason we were there in June & July was our July 1-5 cruise on the Dream. So in one continuous visit we knocked out 2 months.

When we purchased our AP's we knew for sure that we would be taking 3 trips to WDW in the next 12 months. This October Trip is one of them. This is how my son chose to celebrate his birthday for the last 2 years, and honestly, it's one of those 'twist my arm' type things - we couldn't be more excited to take him to WDW! :D

I guess I should introduce the cast: Myself, my husband, daughter and son two weekends ago after cheering on our Auburn Tigers to victory:

DSC_0152.jpg

Now, honestly I probably wouldn't be doing another trip report, but I need some advice from my WDWmagic friends, so I just decided to wrap this all up in one nice package. The thing is, it's Fall Break in our hometown, so TONS of people we know will be at WDW while we are there. We are soooooo excited to spend time with our friends at WDW. I know it's not for everyone, but for us, friends & family make WDW that much better! :sohappy:

More.....

erstwo

Original Poster
Ack! I did want to comment on that. While it would've sucked to have our Sunset Pointe wedding get rained out... I showed the pictures to Brett and excitedly said, "how much cooler is the Poly lobby as a rain back up than the oversized and barren ballrooms at the Contemporary?" So, even though it would've been heartbreaking to have Sunset Pointe taken away due to rain, I would've been ecstatic to know that the Polynesian was still in the cards and not an ugly ballroom.

I just started it! It's here: To Infinity and Beyond!

I know! Did they even offer the lobby as a back up? It looked like they moved some furniture for them - it really was pouring outside. I wondered if they made and 'exception' since the weather was so bad? :shrug: It wasn't one of those 'if you'd have waited 15 minutes the rain would have passed' kind of events.

I'm all about the new TR as soon as I get the kids to bed! So exciting!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I enjoyed your report, glad you had a good time despite all the rain.

Just wanted to note also that I'll be praying for Carter. My good friend's now 3 year-old Jack just had his chemo port removed, a very similar story to Carter's with the stomach issues and many tests back in January which thankfully showed up his cancer (a different type to Carter's) early enough that he had a successful treatment. So, be hopeful for your friend. It's a tough, tough road, but hopefully a good outcome.

plaz10

How am I JUST finding this trip report? It was fantastic. I loved all of it. Your kids are so adorable. Favorite pic of your son is definitely the one at 1900 PF when he's with Alice. So cute!

I also love the pic in EPCOT of the green signs pointing "Imagination, Seas, etc.." I seriously stopped at looked at that pic for 30 seconds. I could imagine standing right under those signs. It's one of those random pictures that most people don't take but seeing them totally takes you right back to that spot. I love it!!

Awesome TR all around.

erstwo

Original Poster
I enjoyed your report, glad you had a good time despite all the rain.

Just wanted to note also that I'll be praying for Carter. My good friend's now 3 year-old Jack just had his chemo port removed, a very similar story to Carter's with the stomach issues and many tests back in January which thankfully showed up his cancer (a different type to Carter's) early enough that he had a successful treatment. So, be hopeful for your friend. It's a tough, tough road, but hopefully a good outcome.

Thank you so much! What an awesome encouraging story! Every story like that gives Sarah so much hope.

Sarah and Carter are actually headed to St. Jude TODAY! :sohappy: to start treatment. Yay! Carter had already received his port and they were all ready to start chemo, when they finally heard from St. Jude. This was such an answered prayer, as they had heard St. Judes was the best place for them.

The only bad news is that they will probably have to postpone their Disney trip. :( :xmas: But that's not really bad news in the long run, as they'd rather take him on a celebration trip!!!! Here's to cancer free at Disney! :xmas:

Thanks for the kind words about the TR! And thanks for reading!

How am I JUST finding this trip report? It was fantastic. I loved all of it. Your kids are so adorable. Favorite pic of your son is definitely the one at 1900 PF when he's with Alice. So cute!

I also love the pic in EPCOT of the green signs pointing "Imagination, Seas, etc.." I seriously stopped at looked at that pic for 30 seconds. I could imagine standing right under those signs. It's one of those random pictures that most people don't take but seeing them totally takes you right back to that spot. I love it!!

Awesome TR all around.

Thanks! That Alice pic still cracks me up!

I love pictures like that too! And the honest truth is, I didn't take many pictures, much less many good ones :lookaroun so that one *needed* to be included! :lol: But, yes - I can totally imagine myself standing there, looking at that sign every time I see it. Kind of wish I was there right now! :D

Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom