Waiting in Line

FLDIS86

Original Poster
What do you and your family do to pass the time while waiting in ride lines? My mom and I always used to play "I Spy" when I was little. :animwink:

bmarkelon

My DH likes to pass gas while waiting in line. We also talk about what we are doing next, planning our park attack.

JIMINYCR

I usually try to engage the person behind or in front of me in conversation. Quite often people like to talk about where they are from, how many times they have been to WDW, where they are staying, how they are enjoying WDW etc. If they tell me they are first timers to WDW, I try to pass along some tips to help them enjoy the parks better. If no one wishes to talk or they are too engaged with their families I have a nintendo DS with a game cartridge of 100 books to read to choose from.

Krack

We do what we normally do when we're stuck together for an extended period of time ... we gossip about extended family members that aren't there. Or complain about the strollers. But mostly gossip.

RonAnnArbor

What line? If you following the touring plans and use FastPasses, you can avoid most of the lines altogether. I've never waited in a line that was more than 10 minutes long.

preludevtec01

I usually try to engage the person behind or in front of me in conversation. Quite often people like to talk about where they are from, how many times they have been to WDW, where they are staying, how they are enjoying WDW etc. If they tell me they are first timers to WDW, I try to pass along some tips to help them enjoy the parks better.

Yep, well said.

Mansion Butler

I usually try to engage the person behind or in front of me in conversation. Quite often people like to talk about where they are from, how many times they have been to WDW, where they are staying, how they are enjoying WDW etc. If they tell me they are first timers to WDW, I try to pass along some tips to help them enjoy the parks better. If no one wishes to talk or they are too engaged with their families I have a nintendo DS with a game cartridge of 100 books to read to choose from.
I'll happily talk to someone in line, but I'm too introverted (around strangers) to initiate.

Bri1121

I need some tips for entertaining small kids!! DH and I use to play our phones- monopoly was a big hit!

Last time we just talked to the kids about what they loved and what we were going to do next. Some snacks help. This time we will have some extra family members to keep them busy!

rsoxguy

I usually bring this book, along with a hearty appetite.

nose%20picking.jpg

the-reason14

It's rare that I ever stand in any line other than a singles line or if for some reason the fastpass line is backed up. But I usually mess with my phone, or depending on the line, listen to music. People watch, stuff like that.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What line? If you following the touring plans and use FastPasses, you can avoid most of the lines altogether. I've never waited in a line that was more than 10 minutes long.

I agree with you there. I've never stood in a queue line longer that 20 minutes.

Except for one time I waited 40 minutes to ride Space Mountain, it started raining and by the time I got out it had JUST stopped raining!

The queue waits for PotC are usually 20 minutes if it starts a little bit after you enter the doors, so I waited 20 minutes for that to get out of the heat.

Other than that, we HATE long waits and we usually go for fastpasses and short waits.

redshoesrock

We don't tend to wait in long lines either, but on the rare occasions when the long line is unavoidable, we play "Twenty Questions" and "The Alphabet Game" (Someone says, "When I went to Disney World I brought with me.." and then says an "A" word. Then the next person repeats the line, repeats the "A" word, and says a "B" word. It keeps going until someone forgets a word. My record is all the way through the alphabet and then through "W" - 49 words.)

Emyli Mouse

Skittle game

We play the skittle game: Everyone gets ONE skittle. Then we see who can hold it in their mouth the longest without chewing or swallowing. Skittles were BIG treats when we were kids! When someone gets bored, we ask everyone to show us their Skittle, which sometimes causes the skittle to fall out and causes a big ruckus.

Last time, we went with a big group and the times we were in line with all of them, we played Telephone. There were 5 kids from 4-9 and they messed up the sentences so bad, it was hilarious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom