Waiting for Fantasmic?

kkgunn

Original Poster
All I read about is the crowds and all the waiting etc. Is is possible to just walk in near the end of the seating time on say a Saturday (early show) when there are 2 shows scheduled?

Those theaters usually hold so many people and I don't care if I'm sitting in the back. I just don't want to wait for an hour before hand.

phlydude

You may not get in walking in last minute and definitely not for the early show. The late show on 2 show days is the less crowded one.

Fantasmic is one theatre that I was glad I was there 1 hour in advance. It was already crowded by then....

JLTraveling

IMO, the back is a great place to sit anyway. Seats are not guaranteed if you come in late, but in reality they are generally available (assuming it's not a holiday). I would go for the last show though, if you're planning to just walk in close to showtime. Most people see the first show for some reason, so you can get in ride time while they're all at the show, then just cruise in right before the second show starts and get a decent seat. That's what I normally do, unless I'm meeting friends for the show.

LongballMG

Fantasmic Waiting Times

I'm A CM in Backlands Attractions at the Studios.

For Fantasmic the waiting times are as follows: (This is exactly what I spiel to the guests and i have recieved zero complaints)

For a night with a single show:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with two shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with three shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the third show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For special EMH only shows:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

Hope this answers all questions

Mike

se8472

yeah, even on days when the park does not look croweded, I have seen the show fill up almost 20minutes before start time.

kkgunn

Original Poster
ok then. It's always good to plan ahead. I'll be there early. And I was thinking that the 1st show ( on a 2 show night) would be the least crowded.

thanks

1disneydood

Would someone be able to arrive closer to showtime if they had a pass from the Fantasmic dinner package? I don't remember how that worked, although I have done the package before.

1disneydood

burningstroller said:
Why start trouble?

Oh I'm NOT starting trouble. I'm mixed latino and was just curious to his literal meaning. I'm sure her HISPANIC heritage had nothing to do with her kicking the seat. Does it make it worse that she was Hispanic?

I complain about people all the time, everyone buggs me. But I don't refer to them as the gay guy, the fat woman, the black dude, etc. when complaining.

DisneySam

Back to Fantasmic...

We usually get there an hour before the show and get great seats. The time does not drag by. Its actually relaxing especially after riding the TOT!

bucklmd

Exactly. Does everyone have to be PC ALL the time?

I've seen Fantastic 2 times now. Once was in July and once was January. I walked in close to showtime both times and was able to sit in the wheelchair rows in the top corners that did not fill. There were some CM's taking other last-minute guests from waiting to those spots right before the show started. I'd rather have a mediocre seat than wait an hour. I'm just impatient though. Maybe they should have Fastpass seating for Fantasmic? Get your fastpass early in the day, get a better seat?? Just a suggestion.

bhg469

had nothing to do with it other than tha fact that there was a mexican girl kicking me in the back.... Not meant to be racist or anything its just what happened. Dont read too far into it she was a cute kid, her parents however were oblivious to everything though.

phlydude

DisneySam said:
Back to Fantasmic...

We usually get there an hour before the show and get great seats. The time does not drag by. Its actually relaxing especially after riding the TOT!
After all day standing and walking, you want a place to sit. However, after sitting for about 1/2 hour, you realize that these benches are the most uncomfortable seats in the °o° World. It's a catch 22. Get there early and sit on uncomfortable seats or arrive just before and chance not seeing it. :lol:

CAPTAIN HOOK

kkgunn said:
ok then. It's always good to plan ahead. I'll be there early. And I was thinking that the 1st show ( on a 2 show night) would be the least crowded.

thanks
In my experience the FIRST show is always the busiest

bhg469

phlydude said:
After all day standing and walking, you want a place to sit. However, after sitting for about 1/2 hour, you realize that these benches are the most uncomfortable seats in the °o° World. It's a catch 22. Get there early and sit on uncomfortable seats or arrive just before and chance not seeing it. :lol:

tell me about it. by the end of that show my back and bum are done for the night.

lcsrig

how do i find times?

I'm going at the end of July. How can I find out what times Fantasmic is performed? I have 3 days and 2 nights to show a friend everything I can and I'm trying to see Fantasmic our first night. If I could know what time it is I could plan a little better.
Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom