Waiting for Fantasmic?

LongballMG

EMH Only shows

We tested the EMH only shows back in April. The test was a success, but unless the crowds really start to increase they are not needed.

I do suggest following the times as posted above, they truly are the standard.

For a night with a single show:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with two shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For a night with three shows:

For the first show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the second show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For the third show: ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

For special EMH only shows:

ARRIVE NO LESS THAN 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO SHOWTIME

Mike

You won't be too bored waiting for the show to start. The times I've seen Fantasmic we would sing along to the music playing, or the crowds would start the wave and cheers etc etc. It was actually really fun!

DDuckFan130

Just to throw my 2 cents in there. I've seen Fantasmic many times, and usually get there at LEAST half an hour before the show starts. The times where there's only been one show, it seems we always find plenty of seats when we arrive 30-45 minutes prior, albeit seats in the Jafar section which are way on the side.

This past trip we got to the first showing of Fantasmic at 8:25-8:30 for the 9:00 show. It was packed. They kept trying to direct us to standing room but I knew there were seats in the very last section. And there were. My brother and sister found 2 seats together down in the front, while the person I was with sat with me further up.

What I'm trying to say is definitely get there early, no less than half an hour before if you want to risk it and don't mind seeing it in standing room only. If you get there a little earlier than that, there should be no problem finding seats, unless you have real bad luck :lol: The first few times we've seen it we've been there 90 minutes before, and although we've been able to sit in the front dead center twice, it's not worth my bum getting numb for that long.

And don't get me started on the concession stand lines :hammer: The person I was with kept getting up to see how the lines were, and let's just say he never got his snack :rolleyes:

ELopez

I've done a search but can't quite find the answer to my question. The end of this month we are making our 7th trip to WDW but plan to see Fantasmic for the 1st time. I get that we need to be there early for a good seat, but define "good seat". I have 3 daughters (ages 4, 5, & 6) that I am convinced will love it, but I still don't want to sit too close (if there is such a thing) or where it's louder than normal. When the show is over, how long does it take to empty the theater? (meaning: if we have a "good" seat, will we be waiting half an hour to get out) Thanks for any responses!

GenieGirl

A good seat is just about any seat as you can see the show from everywhere in the ampitheater. HOWEVER....if you are sitting in the middle of the theater, beware the poles holding up the rigging overhead, they get in the way (believe that was the mickey section). I always like to sit slightly off centre (don't remember the section names) so I can see the "good stuff" (Maleficent and Pocha/J.S.).

I do not like sitting in the first couple of rows, as you will get wet and you have to look up for some things. I prefer sitting in the middle/back of the section. Don't know where it might be louder than other sections as I haven't had that problem.

Uhm...I have always gotten out of the theater within 10 minutes of the show ending...and make sure you stay until the show totally ends for the best Mickey bit!!!

To get great seats, don't go on a Sunday as it is EMH and crowded. Try to go in the middle of the week, arrive about 45 minutes early and find ways to distract the girls if possible (I like to look around the audience seeking Mickey ears, various glow items, etc).

Hopes this helps!

OH.....heard that Rafiki has officially entered the animal scene. Anyone know the truth of this rumour?

DisneyFreak529

The frist time we tried to walk in 20 minutes before the show but they said that seats were filled and they were letting no more in. When we asked if we could stand in the back they said no they were filled already and they would not let us in.

The second time we went 1 1/2 hours early and had a great time. The crow did the wave and we talked and meet some really cool people sitting around us.

The show is worth the wait. The seat is worth the veiw. We had a great seat, my husband video taped the whole thing and it came out great!!

Fantasmic!kid

1disneydood said:
Would someone be able to arrive closer to showtime if they had a pass from the Fantasmic dinner package? I don't remember how that worked, although I have done the package before.
Yes, but I think you have to arrive 15-20 mins. before the show. They have awesome information on this site I've found. I'll double check.

SpenceMan01

We were there on a Thursday night early last January. We waltzed in at 45 to showtime and we got great seats in the middle-left section, right down in front (sure we got sprayed on a little, but just have a light jacket or towel). They were still seating people at 15 minutes to showtime in the far left section. There was only 1 show that night too. Just judge what time you should get there based on how busy the park is. If it's super busy that day, get there earlier. If it's not as crowded, you can wait a bit longer.

GenieGirl said:
make sure you stay until the show totally ends for the best Mickey bit!!!

Do you mean the disappearing/reappearing Mickey?

GenieGirl

SpenceMan01 said:
We were there on a Thursday night early last January. We waltzed in at 45 to showtime and we got great seats in the middle-left section, right down in front (sure we got sprayed on a little, but just have a light jacket or towel). They were still seating people at 15 minutes to showtime in the far left section. There was only 1 show that night too. Just judge what time you should get there based on how busy the park is. If it's super busy that day, get there earlier. If it's not as crowded, you can wait a bit longer.

Do you mean the disappearing/reappearing Mickey?
Yeah...I love the ending of the show and it always takes my breath away. It es me off that people think the show is over when the steamboat passes. It's not and they miss a really cool event!

Connor002

GenieGirl said:
Yeah...I love the ending of the show and it always takes my breath away. It es me off that people think the show is over when the steamboat passes. It's not and they miss a really cool event!

What do you mean? I've never seen anyone leave early. :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom