Wait

imagineer99

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
I never have waited more than a half hour for an attraction....that would just be crazy to me! The pre FP years, my family would rent a wheel chair from the front of the park, put one of us kids in it, and get us to the front of all the lines. I'm not gonna wait in line and waste time! :)

I truly hope you're joking. That is both rude and inconsiderate.

The fact that any one could do something without feeling guilt is so unfortunate.:(

polynesiangirl

I swear I have seen people do that with wheelchairs in the MK - especially when we would go at really crowded times. You'd see some young guy running around (seemingly) perfectly fine, and then you'd see the same guy in a wheelchair like 30 minutes later and you'd just have to wonder if this person REALLY required a wheelchair or if they were just being selfish. It's not like anyone LOVES waiting in lines for huge amounts of time, but hey, if you're able to stand and walk that long you should be thankful that you can rather than abusing a system made for people who aren't so lucky.

Just my two cents, that has always been something that irked me...

SpongeScott

Originally posted by polynesiangirl
I swear I have seen people do that with wheelchairs in the MK - especially when we would go at really crowded times. You'd see some young guy running around (seemingly) perfectly fine, and then you'd see the same guy in a wheelchair like 30 minutes later and you'd just have to wonder if this person REALLY required a wheelchair or if they were just being selfish. It's not like anyone LOVES waiting in lines for huge amounts of time, but hey, if you're able to stand and walk that long you should be thankful that you can rather than abusing a system made for people who aren't so lucky.

Just my two cents, that has always been something that irked me...
OMG! You saw josh_e_washie and his family. What a small world!

agdbeanie

Faking the need for a wheelchair is just wrong and very inconsiderate to those who actually have a real disability. My grandfather had polio when he was in his 20's and the doctor's said he'd never walk again. He proved them wrong and was able to walk for most of his adult life with the aid of canes and leg braces. It's only been in the past 8 or so years that he's had to resort to using a wheel chair full time and even so he usually has too much pride to take advantage of the handicapped accomodations that most places provide unless it's something he absolutely NEEDS...which doesn't include cutting lines.
People that fake a disability or anything to take advantage of services that are meant for others are selfish!!!:hurl: :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom