Wait Times Now Offered Via Text Message

timeman

Original Poster
Disney is now offering a third way to find out the wait times and hours of their parks. Along with the Verizon Mobile app and the mobile website m.disneyworld.com you can now check the wait times, hours and more via text message.

Anyone with a US mobile phone can sign up for this program. You do have to register your phone number and put in the dates of your visit when registering. You will be able to check wait times up to four times per day, Park hours 4 times per day, Character locations up to 4 times per day and Resort Information.

Here is a link to an article about it which also gives you the link to register.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/...e-now-available-via-text-message-with-limits/

fosse76

Disney is now offering a third way to find out the wait times and hours of their parks. Along with the Verizon Mobile app and the mobile website m.disneyworld.com you can now check the wait times, hours and more via text message.

Anyone with a US mobile phone can sign up for this program. You do have to register your phone number and put in the dates of your visit when registering. You will be able to check wait times up to four times per day, Park hours 4 times per day, Character locations up to 4 times per day and Resort Information.

Here is a link to an article about it which also gives you the link to register.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/...e-now-available-via-text-message-with-limits/

Interesting, but I don't understand why they would have the restrictions on the number of times you can use it, especially the wait times.

DisneyJoe

I think this is a great idea. But I agree with fosse, why is there a limit to how many times you can view it?

- server load
- txt messages cost money to send
- if you could receive unlimited messages on accurate wait times, someone would create an application with that information - and not use the Disney/Verizon app....

fosse76

- server load
- txt messages cost money to send
- if you could receive unlimited messages on accurate wait times, someone would create an application with that information - and not use the Disney/Verizon app....

That's fine and all, but the limitations are really low. Four times a day for park hours is fine (there are only four parks...six if waterparks are included). But only four times for wait times? There are a lot more than four attractions.

fosse76

Has anyone signed up for this yet? Does it work? What else beyond wait times is available?

I signed up, but don't go for another two weeks. You have to give them the dates of your trip, so I'm guessing it won't reply if you send a text outside your travel dates.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
To get wait times, you text "wait" with the name of the attraction. So it's limiting you to four requests per day for specific individual attractions. :rolleyes:

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth and it's free! :lol:

DisneyMusician2

They want you to use the Verizon app, hence the partnership. This is just a way of not excluding everyone else.

The Verizon app still has the most functionality, which his the way I'm sure the Agreement with Verizon is drawn up.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They want you to use the Verizon app, hence the partnership. This is just a way of not excluding everyone else.

The Verizon app still has the most functionality, which his the way I'm sure the Agreement with Verizon is drawn up.
Except Canadians and anyone else who lives outside the U.S. :mad:

Sadiebird

touringplans.com has a wait times app now that looks pretty good. It's free and it doesn't have any limitations. Not sure exactly how accurate it is though.

Sadiebird

It is extremely accurate, according to some friends who were using it on their iphones a few weeks ago.

Good to hear. We were planning on using it during our trip in May. Well, I was planning on using it. DH doesn't want to carry around his blackberry. He said he wants to be looking up during the trip, not down. I just think it would save us from a little extra walking.

sweetpee_1993

Agreed. I used it on my trip in December and found it to be very accurate as well. Also very easy to use.

I found it close to accurate but not 100% last week. One night early in our trip I was trying to submit/update info because the Lines app was showing no fastpasses available but they were. We got one. When I tried repeatedly to update the fastpass info it wouldn't accept the update. I think with the app being so new they're still working out some kinks. :)

lumpydj

I registered but don't go for another couple of weeks. However, in my confirm email, they sent a link to a mobile site that has the park hours and generalized wait times "See Now", "Moderate Wait", or "high demand". It also has the times of the parades and fireworks as well as where to find certain characters, dining, shopping, and transportation at each park. Basic info but good for those first timers or that don't go that often.

Pluto22

It's only going to be as accurate as the cast members running the attractions allow it to be. If they don't estimate the wait times frequently enough or pass out those cards to guests in line then checking the wait times could be all for nothing. Is it really that hard to get a fastpass, or walk by a wait time board, or ask any cast member what a wait time is for an attraction? All i need now is to be hit by someone checking their phone for texted wait times while pushing a stroller or driving an ECV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom