Wait Time Cards?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
When I was at the Studios Saturday on the 17th, I walked into the Great Movie Ride at about 6 something. The CM at the door gave my dad an orange card and said to give it to the second CM we saw inside. He said it had something to do with wait times, to see how fast they load or something. Can anyone shed light on this, and has anyone else been given one? (BTW, I don't know why they did this cause the ride was walk-on)

General Grizz

Earlier last year, I was given a white card in Space Mountain. It measures the time from entrance to loading, determining what the wait time will say. I guess it has to do with entering it in a computer with a timer and such. :)

Creekboy25

On my last trip, I was set on getting those for as many rides as I could in the different parks! It made me feel important, LOL! Those just keep the posted wait time up to date. I think it is a rather good idea. If you ask for one, a cm will probably give you it.

Pixie Duster

We also use these in Food and Bev locations to make sure we are goig fast enough, I get to hang them out most of the time, most likely I will be doing that tomorrow.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
not all attractions have been outfitted with this yet though.... some are still updated via Management Pagers or actual CM's changing it.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Kenan
They are FLIK cards, and they are given out at least 6 times per hour. It measures the time from point A to point B. On Test Track, it measure the wait from the greeter position, to the grouper position where you board the car. On Mission Space, its given out at the greeter, and then dropped off at the merge point. The machines at Epcot, beep, so if your by and hear a beeping noise, its our wait time machines at work.

I always wondered how they figured that out. :veryconfu

travisopera

I got one in line for Dinosaur at AK. I called it "Disney Magic". I told the kids that I was with that the card possessed all of the "Disney Magic". Mickey Mouse chose them to hold it and it was their "duty" to carry the card all the way through the line. When they finally gave it to the CM, they said to her "be very careful, all the magic is in there". The CM had no clue what was going on, but being a CM (the best people in the world!!!), she played along and said, I'll make sure this is put in a very special place. That made not only the kids trip but mine. I guess those time cards have more than one purpose. Everything at the world must have "disney magic"!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I received a white FLIK card on Maelstrom last New Years Eve. They handed it to me at the door and then took it from me at the place where they divide you up to load everyone on the boats. The only thing that made no sense to me was that I had waited in line a good 25 minutes before I actually reached the door that they gave me the FLIK card.

Does this mean that they'll just post the wait from the door to the loading area, or do they also throw on a good cushion for the winding ropes course outside before the door?

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY EVERYONE!! :wave:

Shaman

I remember getting one of these once.... right before I went into M:S...I was like huh?.....We could've sworn we WON something (no one has ever given me a blank white plastic card before)...except when we gave the CM the white card...she just smiled and let me into the ride....:lookaroun

:lol: :p

The second time that it happen to me....also on M:S....I realized that it was for wait time....:hammer:

mandib

We got one for Philarmagic and the CM gave it to my mom. She felt very important and wouldn't let anyone touch it. lol Although the bite marks on it didn't make me want to. Eww...

Pioneer Hall

I thought the FLIK system was only on the Fastpass rides. Since someone got it on the GMR does that mean they are trying to expand the system to all the attractions?

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I thought the FLIK system was only on the Fastpass rides. Since someone got it on the GMR does that mean they are trying to expand the system to all the attractions?
Flik is basically at all the attractions not just Fastpass attractions. It helps monitor OHRC and helps predict wait times.

MicBat

Originally posted by Kenan
They are FLIK cards, and they are given out at least 6 times per hour. It measures the time from point A to point B. On Test Track, it measure the wait from the greeter position, to the grouper position where you board the car. On Mission Space, its given out at the greeter, and then dropped off at the merge point. The machines at Epcot, beep, so if your by and hear a beeping noise, its our wait time machines at work.
After only working at TT for 2 days, they already are the most annoying thing I have encoutered yet!! Even moreso than the people with the stupid questions!! :lookaroun The dang thing always seems to go off when I'm answering a guests' question! And of course they thing it's horrible b/c it's this shrilling noise coming from a little box. Between that and having to pause every 12 1/2 seconds when one of the cars pass overhead. :lol: I LOVE it all, though... except maybe the FLIK cards! ;)

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I always wondered how they figured that out. :veryconfu

So did I! I could never figure out, why these things were so close. I just assumed they kept the same ones up all day, and hoped they were right. :lol:

Pheh. I want to work at Disney when I grow up. XD

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by MicBat
:lookaroun The dang thing always seems to go off when I'm answering a guests' question! And of course they thing it's horrible b/c it's this shrilling noise coming from a little box.
Jonnie when Flik was first installed it didnt make the beep the little light would just blink (but some cast would forget to send it through so they added the beep):brick:

(dont worry I like the idea of flik but dont like the noise it makes)

And I'm glad your enjoying your time there I'm counting down the days till I get back.

AndyP

AH, thats how it works then. I always presumed that they that they just had set wait times when the back of the line was at a certain point, but then i guess it depends how the guests are in the line, close together, spaces etc. I'll be watching out for Flik cards now, thanks for the post.

soccer9miahamm

My mom and I were given one of those cards on the Tower of Terror. It just measures how long it takes for you to get to the ride or attraction. That way, they can update the wait time on the sign outside.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Matterbuggy
So did I! I could never figure out, why these things were so close. I just assumed they kept the same ones up all day, and hoped they were right. :lol:

Pheh. I want to work at Disney when I grow up. XD

I just figured that when the line ends at a certain place, the wait was usually "x" amount of minutes. I guess that is not always the case.

I want to work for Disney when I retire. I wonder if they have a program for older folks who want to spread a little magic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom