Wait...People dislike Rivers of Light?!

spock8113

This is basically The Land boat ride with a little ET thrown in-sans bicycles.
70-180 minutes waiting for one animatronic and some light effects, really? Seriously?
I think Disney is looking for our breaking point. They're getting closer.

Now, c'mon, let's go ride Mission to Mars!

OG Runner

70-180 minutes waiting for one animatronic and some light effects, really? Seriously?

Hello, I am hoping to save you from abuse. I made the same mistake. Rivers of Light is the nighttime show at
Animal Kingdom. They are not talking about the Na'vi River Ride in the Pandora area.

Parrain

We have seen it on 3 occasions and love it! Beautiful floats, music is good, projections are interesting and thought provoking, it is within the theme of the park... it's a good end to the evening. It is not Fantasmic or Illuminations, but you have to remember there are animals nearby. You can't have huge explosions and fireworks like the others shows, you could potentially traumatize the animals.

spock8113

Hello, I am hoping to save you from abuse. I made the same mistake. Rivers of Light is the nighttime show at
Animal Kingdom. They are not talking about the Na'vi River Ride in the Pandora area.

Thank you, Edward for saving me from myself! Na'vi River, Rivers of Light, Jungle Cruise...I get confused easily.
At least I didn't think it was at UNIVERSAL!!!

Familiar with Keene, Brattleboro or Nathaniel Hawthorne College?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

To be fair, I think it's funny that the two most boring attractions at AK end up getting confused by name.

OG Runner

Thank you, Edward for saving me from myself! Na'vi River, Rivers of Light, Jungle Cruise...I get confused easily.
At least I didn't think it was at UNIVERSAL!!!

Familiar with Keene, Brattleboro or Nathaniel Hawthorne College?

That is true, if you thought it was Universal, I wouldn't have been able to get to you in time.
I am familiar with, Keene, Battleboro & Nathaniel Hawthorne College, but I live near the
beach in Hampton.

Tk0021

We saw it for the first time in 2016. We didn’t have a fast pass but we got packed into the general area. We were about 2 rows from the front. It was so hot and my kids were tired and we were thinking of leaving because it was boring. Then we turn around and everyone else was gone. Last year we skipped it and me and my wife road expedition Everest 4 times in a row with no wait while my parents entertained the kids.

cjkeating

We saw it for the first time in 2016. We didn’t have a fast pass but we got packed into the general area. We were about 2 rows from the front. It was so hot and my kids were tired and we were thinking of leaving because it was boring. Then we turn around and everyone else was gone. Last year we skipped it and me and my wife road expedition Everest 4 times in a row with no wait while my parents entertained the kids.

I think you saw Jungle Book: Alive with Magic as Rivers of Light premiered in 2017.

KaliSplash

I was disappointed. the animals against the trees is a neat effect to open. But there is no story other than we are one. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the float movement. I understand those who are pleased there are no Disney movie characters in it. To me, characters are not necessarily a killer. The music is very much like Epcot's closer, which I very much do NOT like! Both shows seem to be themed that we are one. I get that in the first few minutes of each show. Both shows need to go somewhere after we establish that and neither do.

GVentola

How close to show time did you go? We are going in early June (like @DfromATX ) and don’t want to do FP or book a dining package. I’m not real keen on waiting 60+ minutes in a line to get into the amphitheater either so was just curious when you snagged your seats (oh, and where you were able to get seats/how many in your party)?

Sorry for the late reply--I haven't visited this thread for a few days and my e-mail notifications didn't tell me I had a response. I think I got there about a half hour early. I went solo, but I don't think that was a reason I got the seating I did, which was just a few rows from the front, but I believe off to the left side.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
I appreciate the thoughts shared by everyone on the thread, pro and con. I was adamant that my family would see it during our trip in July but I'm ok with missing it now.

Bairstow

I appreciate the thoughts shared by everyone on the thread, pro and con. I was adamant that my family would see it during our trip in July but I'm ok with missing it now.

It's worth taking a couple glances at it if you're in the area, but I wouldn't dedicate an hour+ to finding seats and maneuvering in and out of the crowd that develops when the show ends. Fantasmic it ain't.

I do hope you're not going to be missing Animal Kingdom at night all together. The park is really neat after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom