Wafflefest

CaptainMichael

wafflefest1.jpg

On February 21, 2006, the world was forever changed by three men, Connor, Luke, and Michael. It all started as just a birthday celebration for Connor, but by the end of the day, Wafflefest was born.

As with any prominent and beloved member of WDWMagic.com, a birthday thread was created for Connor’s 15th birthday, and like many other threads, a thread drift began. Connor threatened Luke that he would show up in Orlando for his 16th birthday and steal Luke’s A.P. (annual pass for Walt Disney World), but since Connor is not as evil as he lets on, he offered to at least bring his Mickey waffle iron and make waffles.

Like many of his college days, Michael avoided work at all costs, and this day was no exception. For some strange reason, maybe fate, he decided to partake in Connor’s birthday celebration. When the subject turned to waffles at Luke’s house (which happens to be near Walt Disney World), Michael decided to invite himself and their beloved Nibbs to the event and was the first to call it Wafflefest ’07.

Like all big things, Wafflefest ’07 began small. As time progressed, what began as a random gathering of four people at a house in Florida for waffles turned into a tremendous event. First, Wafflefest was expanded with the addition of a banned WDWMagic member named Thrawn. His sole purpose was to have someone to throw pies at and attract more guests. This tactic, devised by Michael, worked and requests to be on the guest list increased. Next, Emeril was added to kick up the fledgling Wafflefest up a notch. Originally, it wasn’t clear of what exactly Emeril would be doing, but eventually, it was agreed upon that he would be making pancakes and chocolate chip waffles. Also, with the announcement of Emeril came sponsorships from the “got milk” campaign, Eggo Waffles, and Log Cabin Syrup. Wafflefest would soon inspire something bigger than itself for itself, Waffle World.

wafflefest2.jpg

To be competitive with Walt Disney World, Michael decided that Wafflefest needed to have a celebration name. The original name was “The Second Happiest Celebration on Earth”. This name was a spoof on Disney’s “The Happiest Celebration on Earth”. With that title came gold decorations for Luke’s house, and the beginning of Waffle World. Shortly after, a ride was announced for Luke’s house based on Harry Potter. Connor wasn’t a big fan of “The Second Happiest Celebration on Earth”, so Michael came up with “The Most Random Celebration in Existence”. Details on the Harry Potter ride were put on hold till “The O.C.” was finished.

Upon the completion of “The O.C.”, Michael issued a press release announcing not only the Harry Potter ride but Waffle World as well. Here is the press release:

Harry Potter and the Quest for the Fifth Gate
Coming soon to Waffle World, Fl. (Luke's House)

Waffle World guests will be transported the wizarding world in search of the mysterious "Fifth Gate" of Walt Disney World when Waffle World kicks off Waffle Fest '07: The Most Random Celebration in Existence.

Guests will line up at Platform 9 3/4 and step into a compartment of the Hogwarts Express. The journey will begin once everyone has said their goodbyes and carefully stowed away their owls. Along the ride, guests will encounter famous legends and myths such as Indiana Jones Adventure, Monorail Expansion, Fire Mountain, Thrawn, Ghostbuster, Jim Hill, Star Tours 2, and Bald Mountain. After a heart-stopping showdown between Thrawn and Ghostbuster, guests will finally reach the fabled Fifth Gate, Stitch Kingdom!

"Quest for the Fifth Gate" will be an underground robocoaster sponsored by Screamscape and Eggo Waffles and feature original music by Kelly Clarkson. Waffineers are currently hard at work developing the next-gen Thrawn animatronic.

Book your trip to "The Most Random Celebration in Existence" and be the first to ride "Harry Potter and the Quest for the Fifth Gate". "Waffle Your Way" Passes are now available for purchase. Call 1-407-WAFFLE1 for more details.

harrypotterandfifthgate.JPG

Days later, a new land for Waffle World was announced by Head Waffineer Michael Tassin. The land would be called Banned Member Land and would contain the WDWMagic version of Disney’s Villains. Famous WDWMagic villains such as Thrawn and Ghostbuster were announced for the land. A 3-D movie attraction is rumored to be in the works for the land.

Waffle World is still very much in the development stage at the Waffineer Headquarters in 325 Acadian Hall at LSU.

On April 1, 2006, Premium Members from WDWMagic led a rebellion against Wafflefest in support of the lame Pancakefest. This angered the Wafflefest founders and both pancakes and the blasphemers were banned from the highly anticipated event.

smell.JPG

April 2, 2006, Head Waffineer Michael Tassin released the following Press Release:

April 2, 2006
As Head Waffineer/Waffleketteer, I am pleased to announce the Wafflefest/World Planning Video/Resort TV Girl:

Erin Cahill

Many of you know her from Walt Disney World's 2005 Vacation Planning Video. Today, she stars in the new Fox comedy, "Free Ride". She caught the attention of WDWMagic males with her lovely pictures in the magazine FHM. Erin will be the hott new face of Wafflefest/World joining Kelly Clarkson and Emeril for the media campaign. When asked about her best asset, Erin replied, "I’ve had numerous, flattering comments about my backside, from people I’ve known to complete strangers. I attribute it's perfectness to the many waffles that I enjoy."

wafflesarehott.JPG

On April 13, 2006, Wafflefest joined in alliance with Friends of Mission: Space (FoM:S).

foms.JPG

Today, Wafflefest ’07 continues to gain popularity and looks to be the most exciting event of 2007.

wafflesarehott2.JPG

CaptainMichael

Here is all that you need to know about Waffle World (for now):

Waffle World​
“The Most Random Place in Existence”​

Waffle World is a whimsical, imaginative theme park located in Central Florida. Its very existence is owed to Wafflefest, a celebration of randomness in the world. The event started after the Waffle gods spoke through Prophet Sir Connor of Connadia. Following the intervention of the divine, Michael Tassin created Wafflefest. He, along with Connor and Luke would become the Patriarchs of Wafflefest. The beautiful Nibbs would become the Official Keeper of the Official List of Official Wafflefest Invitees.

The entrance to Waffle World is a house owned by Brother Luke. Guests enter the house and queue up for a series of elevators that will transport them to Waffle World which is completely underground.
London Avenue
When they reach the bottom (about 300ft below the ground), guests will walk out onto a cobblestone street, immersed in 1700’s London, the birthplace of the Waffle. At the end of London Ave. is the Waffle World hub leading to the themed lands of Waffle World. Straight ahead is Hottnessland, to the left is Banned Member Land, and to the right is an unknown land. In the middle of the hub, there is golden statue of Sir Connor with his famous Mickey Mouse Waffle Iron.

Restaurants
Waffle Shoppe
Keira Knightley Castle
Falkenstein.JPG
Keira Knightley Castle is the focal point of Waffle World, and at the heart of Waffle World, it acts as a hub to the many lands of Waffle World. It is a beautiful structure which is necessary to be worthy of its namesake. Inside Keira Knightley Castle are a restaurant, a reception hall, apartments, and a dungeon. There is also a passage through the castle to Hottnessland. Along this passageway, the story of Wafflefest is told through murals. The Wafflefest Wall of Shame is located in dungeon. On the “Wall of Shame” are pictures of all of the people banned from Wafflefest. It is considered to be a high dishonor to be a part of this wall. The apartments of Keira Knightley are reserved for the patriarchs or their friends. Lord Steven the Great of WDWMagic also has an open invitation to stay there, and Mademoiselle Nibbs has her own tower, Le Towere de nibblesandbits.

Hottnessland
Hottnessland.JPG
Hottnessland celebrates all that is hott in the world. Specifically this means the beautiful famous women liked by the patriarchs. Included in Hottnessland are: Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, Kelly Clarkson, Emma Watson, and Carrie Underwood.

Attractions:
Meet and Greets:
Elizabeth Swann, Hermione Granger, Padme Amidala
Restaurants:
Keira’s Restaurante Royale

Banned Member Land
Banned Member Land is located to left of Keira Knightley Castle as you walk into the park. Banned Member Land is a dark and disturbing place, but it possesses the strange ability to be funny and wonderful all at the same time. Banned Member Land is the land of the lost souls of WDWMagic. People in this land are not to be pitied, admired, or cared for. They have committed terrible offenses to mankind and deserve their banishment. The only person worthy of redemption is Thrawn.

Attractions:
Flame Wars
Troll Patrol
Meet and Greets:
Thrawn, Mr. Pickles
Shops:
pickle.JPG

Mr. Pickles’ Pickled Products

Unknown Land
The nature of this land is currently unknown.

Attractions:
Harry Potter and the Quest for the Fifth Gate
Restaurants:
Hogwarts Banquet Hall

Connor002

imagineer boy said:
None of my banned members land ideas are being used? I feel so wasted. *burst into over dramatic tears*

Hm... well... they pretty much sucked.

Brutal honest is the best policy.:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

hypercatmatt04 said:
Some one should bridge the gap between their world and ours.
I guess that would be me since I'm the resident Saints fan, but I can't link Chit Chat threads to non-members...Maybe I'll just post the Wafflefest Story on there...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
STR8FAN2005 said:
I guess that would be me since I'm the resident Saints fan, but I can't link Chit Chat threads to non-members...Maybe I'll just post the Wafflefest Story on there...

The Saints were part of one of the most joyous moments of my boyhood. In 1977, after losing 26 games the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rolled into New Orleans and knocked off the Saints on the road (33-14 I believe, too tired and lazy to look up the score to see if my memory is correct). They then beat the St. Louis Cardinals the next week at home to have an improbable 2 game winning streak to end the season after setting a record (the aforementioned 26 consecutive losses) that no NFL team has come close to equaling.

New2WDW

OK then, how about......

WOW, WAFFLES! or WELL BUTTER ME UP its WAFFLE WORLD!

Ideas that come to mind.....
(and since I have not read the entire thread some ideas may already have been used)

Waffle World's - Waffle Showcase with the popular Giant Waffle entry icon with syrup slide inside. As you pass by the famous icon and into the Showcase you can stop into each different country and try their syrups, butters and other region specific condiments. (If you did not notice, I just did a waffle overlay of Epcot) :lol:

CaptainMichael

New2WDW said:
OK then, how about......

WOW, WAFFLES! or WELL BUTTER ME UP its WAFFLE WORLD!

Ideas that come to mind.....
(and since I have not read the entire thread some ideas may already have been used)

Waffle World's - Waffle Showcase with the popular Giant Waffle entry icon with syrup slide inside. As you pass by the famous icon and into the Showcase you can stop into each different country and try their syrups, butters and other region specific condiments. (If you did not notice, I just did a waffle overlay of Epcot) :lol:
Much better.

Ducky_Love

:::Sneaks into Wafflefest thread:::

Okay, I didn't realize we were throwing waffles at THRAWN! Now I want to come! This thread is great; you guys are too funny. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom