VQ/BGs (Virtual Queues/Boarding Groups)... Yay or Nay? (Better alternatives?)

jt04

Standby waits discourage me from riding slinky dog dash. And yet the people who want to ride it wait for it.

Rise is a fantastic ride. But it’s not “at an entirely different level.” I don’t think it’s popularity will be much different than fop in the long term. Meaning yes we will see 3-4 hour standby lines.

Maybe after Ratatouille, Tron and GotG are open you would see less than 4 hour wait times. Not sooner.

My system would eliminate such wait times forever. IMO.

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe after Ratatouille, Tron and GotG are open you would see less than 4 hour wait times. Not sooner.

My system would eliminate such wait times forever. IMO.

I disagree. I don’t think that level of demand is actually there. I’m pretty sure Harry Potter had more demand than rise when it opened. I mean wizarding world for sure had more demand than galaxies edge no doubt about that.

lumberguy5

Standby waits discourage me from riding slinky dog dash. And yet the people who want to ride it wait for it.

Rise is a fantastic ride. But it’s not “at an entirely different level.” I don’t think it’s popularity will be much different than fop in the long term. Meaning yes we will see 3-4 hour standby lines.

A 3-4 hour wait would likely be extended by at least an hour. The ride is rather fond of breaking down and occasionally for long periods of time. Remember that unlike DHS, Disneyland is barely making it 30 seconds without the primary BGs being gone, and any day with EMH is a few minutes bookout on the backups.

jt04

I disagree. I don’t think that level of demand is actually there. I’m pretty sure Harry Potter had more demand than rise when it opened. I mean wizarding world for sure had more demand than galaxies edge no doubt about that.

Potter didn't have a boarding group system. Apples oranges.

We won't have to wait long to find out if Disney goes with standby lines instead.

TrainsOfDisney

Potter didn't have a boarding group system. Apples oranges.

We won't have to wait long to find out if Disney goes with standby lines instead.

I wasn’t talking about a boarding system. I was talking about the popularity of an attraction. So apples to apples.

Purduevian

They could base it on a percentage of guests who have passed through the turnstiles. Up to a number they are comfortable they could accommodate by mid-afternoon. So it could fluctuate on a day to day basis but within a predetermined parameter.

This number varies so wildly from day to day. Calling "Mid afternoon" say 1pm? Their best day they were on group 100 (granted this was a 7am opening, their best with a 7am opening at calling group 85 at noon)... today at 1pm they were on group 33. My point being there isn't a "comfort level" yet.

jt04

This number varies so wildly from day to day. Calling "Mid afternoon" say 1pm? Their best day they were on group 100 (granted this was a 7am opening, their best with a 7am opening at calling group 85 at noon)... today at 1pm they were on group 33. My point being there isn't a "comfort level" yet.

Agreed. Too soon to make any major changes before they increase reliability.

MJJME

Once the ride is reasonably reliable, they’ll move it to FP+ though.

It’s the combination of demand and the lack of reliability that there is a virtual queue in place.
Hope when they do that they still offer BG along with FP instead of standby

Parker in NYC

It’s the combination of demand and the lack of reliability that there is a virtual queue in place.

I was wrong about Runaway Railway, but I still hold firm that there won't be any FP+ for this until it's more than reasonably reliable. If someone scrambles to book a FP for this 60 days out (90 days for club level), which they will, they gon' be miffed if they can't get on. I don't know why but my gut feeling is that Disney doesn't want to play that game. Yes, it's different than the boarding group lotto disappointment but I can't put my finger on just why.

jt04

Sorry but FP+ can't come close to matching demand ultimately IMO. It will take a more creative solution than business as usual. Perhaps a FP+ lottery. ?

jt04

Correct. Which seems like more of an “if” than a “when” at this point? Ha.

I'm convinced until all attractions under construction are complete and we have moved past the 50th celebrations, demand will far exceed capacity. Unlike any other attraction. Even if it starts running flawlessly on both coasts. Get back to me when you have proof that is wrong.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm convinced until all attractions under construction are complete and we have moved past the 50th celebrations, demand will far exceed capacity. Unlike any other attraction. Even if it starts running flawlessly on both coasts. Get back to me when you have proof that is wrong.

California will be entirely different. Arguably Rise isn’t the best attraction in the park. Even today if I was visiting DL and had to choose 1 I would pick Indy over Rise.

There will be more of a demand for Rise in DHS because it is the best ride in a small park attraction wise. Just like FOP.

There are solutions to help meet the demand, the same solutions Disney used for FOP. DAK has EMH every night for resort guests following Pandora’s opening. That’s what they should be doing but they can’t if the ride isn’t reliable.

I’m not here to prove anything. I just don’t think Rise is any different than FOP as far as guest demand goes. You can’t prove I’m wrong anymore than I can’t prove I’m right! It’s the internet! Lol.

jt04

California will be entirely different. Arguably Rise isn’t the best attraction in the park. Even today if I was visiting DL and had to choose 1 I would pick Indy over Rise.

There will be more of a demand for Rise in DHS because it is the best ride in a small park attraction wise. Just like FOP.

There are solutions to help meet the demand, the same solutions Disney used for FOP. DAK has EMH every night for resort guests following Pandora’s opening. That’s what they should be doing but they can’t if the ride isn’t reliable.

I’m not here to prove anything. I just don’t think Rise is any different than FOP as far as guest demand goes. You can’t prove I’m wrong anymore than I can’t prove I’m right! It’s the internet! Lol.

Time will decide in either case.

I'm just waiting for them to offer Disney After Hours tickets to DHS again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom