Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Momx3

Original Poster
I just read in the Unofficial guide that there is talk of closing the Voyage of the Little mermaid. Is this true? My daughter is crazy about Ariel and would be bummed if this goes away.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't want it to close since I still like it and it's very popular--a few special effects updates wouldn't hurt though. The last thing MGM needs to do is remove an attraction that is still popular.

Momx3

Original Poster
The guide said something about a Little Mermaid show coming to Broadway and that's what happened to Tarzan Rocks because Tarzan is coming to Broadway and they consider the show at the parks to be competition.

Captain Chaos

The guide said something about a Little Mermaid show coming to Broadway and that's what happened to Tarzan Rocks because Tarzan is coming to Broadway and they consider the show at the parks to be competition.

And yet beauty and the Beast ran on Broadway AND in MGM, and don't forget Lion King.... So, please don't think this concept that Disney will close a show because it is going on broadway as the reason for its closure....

ToTBellHop

I doubt Tarzan Rocks was the reason that Tarzan on Broadway isn't all that popular...the amount of competition b/t WDW and Broadway has to be minimal at best. I doubt there are many conversations that start, "well, honey, this year we can either see The Phantom of the Opera in New York or go to Disney World..."

Dayma

We've actually never seen this but my daughter will like it when she gets older. I hope it stays for her sake...

JWG

I'd be surprised - I don't hink they can afford another attraction down at MGM until into 2008. More than one at a time there kills the place.

It already seems like the Refurb. schedule is at full speed. In the height of summer Epcot is down SSE (and no answer to how to take care of the Body Works disaster) as well as Haunted Mansion at MK. I think they need to cool off until offseason at least.

benji

I don't think Disney should close the show. It just needs to be updated. The Disney Sea has a cool Little Mermaid show maybe they can use that show.

Kman101

A refurb is needed, definitely but I highly doubt this is closing. It's always popular and packed. I wish they'd extend the show a little more cause once you sit down and get settled it's pretty much over with. LOL.

I don't think the parks can afford another closure at this point though. We're gonna be down (as already stated) Haunted Mansion and Space Ship Earth for the majority of summer.

I really think MGM, as much as I love the park, needs a BAD refurb. New rides ... etc. It just needs some attention given to it. I'd like to see them refurb the Beauty and Beast stage show area. Needs some fresh coats of paint. Lots of work to be done at MGM. I hope it gets attention soon.

MickeyJman06

i heard it was closing, i doubt it.
this was the reason i heard:
due to little mermaid coming on broadway, the show was gonna close.
- read from wkipedia

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I was told and saw first hand Tarzan Rocks closed primarily due to low guest counts and the show costs going up.

CThaddeus

From what I was told and saw first hand Tarzan Rocks closed primarily due to low guest counts and the show costs going up.

And it was extremely lame (opinion). Voyage of the Little Mermaid doesn't suffer from that affliction. It could use a few more live scenes, but otherwise it's a great show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom