Vow Renewal

britdaw

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I'm a brand new member to the board, and I'm super excited because in 1 year I will be about to leave to take my kids to Disney World for the very first time. Not only that, but my husband will have just come home from deployment, and we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! :)

My question is this... If I just want to do a small vow renewal with my husband, myself, and our two daughters, is it worth paying the $2000 they quote on the weddings website? Has anyone else done this?

sweetpee_1993

Even if you aren't staying at Shades of Green you should contact them and see what they have to offer. There might be something that they offer even without any minimum stay requirements at their resort.

I've never done the VR thing but have always wanted to. We got married young and never had the wedding we wanted. I even have a wedding gown the hubby bought me out of the blue a couple years ago just because he wanted me to have it. LOL! Every time I look at doing a VR I see the money and think of what I can do with it, how many more nights I could stay or upgrade resorts, and I can't commit. Silly, huh?

britdaw

Original Poster
We were going to stay at one of the resorts instead of Shades of Green, but when I get ready to book I'll call and talk to one of their vacation planners to see what we can come up with. Some friends of mine just came back from SoG and loved it, but we're doing this vacation to get away from Army life for a few days; I didn't want to necessarily go stay at the military resort, you know? LOL

Thanks very much for the tips! I found a couple of beach wedding packages that come with the ceremony and a small reception (which includes the cake and photography package) for just under $2000 and we were looking at that. But if SoG has something cheaper we might just do that. I'm not picky about the location; we just thought it would be so cool to celebrate our 10th anniversary with a vow renewal in the Happiest Place on Earth. ;)

KJ1081

I don't know the prices, but I've talked with several Shades of Green brides. Their ceremonies are much more affordable, and they have a very nice gazebo location. Disney doesn't allow much, if any, customization with Memories and Escape weddings, since they're meant to be simple ceremonies that Disney can pull off easily. You can pay to upgrade a few things, like floral, photography, and cake (for Escapes), but their prices are pretty high. That said, the basic ceremonies are still fantastic, since the settings are so unique you don't need much, if any, decoration. Since the location speaks for itself, simple ceremonies work very well, making the basic Memories package a good option. I've also heard that the Swan and Dolphin are much cheaper, and you can pick each element, customizing the whole event. Depending on what you want, you may be able to hire outside vendors to cut the costs at any of these locations, with Disney having much stricter regulations on outdoor decor and photography.

I don't want to sound anti-Disney wedding- quite the opposite actually. We're having an Escape in a few months and although they are more expensive, I feel it's worth every penny. They really go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect for you, and since they provide everything you don't have to find outside vendors and deal with contracts, etc.

britdaw

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for the info! When it gets a little closer to time (meaning like in August or so) I'll actually call to start trying to book, so I'll be sure to ask the vacation planner about Shades of Green. I don't want anything extravagant, since it's probably just gonna be me, hubby, and our two little girls, but I did want something really nice. Our first wedding went horribly and we don't have any good pictures of it for framing, so I really want this to be a great experience. :)

britdaw

Original Poster
My husband found out for me that they have a wedding package at Shades of Green for only $895, instead of the nearly $2000 I was going to pay to do it at the Poly... I'd like to have a beach wedding, but if it's going to save me over $1000 to do it at SoG, I'm all for it. LOL

BTW, would you guys please vote for us to try to win a vow renewal? 'Cause NOT paying for it would be even better. LOL
http://family.go.com/happily-ever-a...egory/brittany-and-josh--his-mrs-hooah-62150/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom