Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Main Street USA
Just as a heads up as well, I've recieved both PM's and IM's from a few who think mkt's wallpaper should not have been included in the voting. However, mkt meant this as a serious entry, albeit aimed at making people laugh. [/B]

also, with that having been said,

if you have a problem with my entries, let me know... if you don't, how am I supposed to know this...

however, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop submitting these entries. I put as much work as everyone else, and I will continue submitting. So lighten up, and get used to it... nearly 2 years, and 4000+ posts later... I'm here to stay.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Hey guys and gals, in the past we've had problems with the contests and people's feelings being hurt, and thus Now Inc and I developed a few rules to help reduce the fighting and people being upset. One of these rules was that you can't campaign for votes on your behalf. I know it may seem petty and stupid to some, but to others it can be important. So, please, if you have something in your signature about voting, could you please remove it. Unless, of course, it's simply a link to encourage overall participation.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

Zac:cool:

joefox97

Sadness!

I was going to post an entry, but I didn't have access to my school computer this weekend to post... oh well, I'm posting it for everyone to enjoy anyway, not as a competition this time.

Fox

Attachments

• joe\'s-soon-to-be-wallpaper.jpg
    joe\'s-soon-to-be-wallpaper.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 157

tenchu

Re: Sadness!

Originally posted by joefox97
I was going to post an entry, but I didn't have access to my school computer this weekend to post... oh well, I'm posting it for everyone to enjoy anyway, not as a competition this time.

Fox

Thats a good one joe. unlucky in not getting it in time.

:wave:

joefox97

Re: Re: Sadness!

Originally posted by tenchu
Thats a good one joe. unlucky in not getting it in time.

:wave:

Thanks... I'm in a Photoshop 7.0 class in school at the moment, and I'm polishing my photoshop skills...

Just for interest sake, has anyone here used the Xenofex filter set? I've heard really good things about them....

Joe

NowInc

Re: Re: Re: Sadness!

Thanks... I'm in a Photoshop 7.0 class in school at the moment, and I'm polishing my photoshop skills...

Just for interest sake, has anyone here used the Xenofex filter set? I've heard really good things about them....

Joe

Plugins..baaaaaaaaaaaaad

Stay away from the non-standard photoshop ones (the ones that come with the program)..trust me.

tenchu

Wish I'd entered the one i threw away now! :lol:

It looked like half the other ones in here, and might have actually got a vote! :lol:

Maybe I've gone a bit too 'pop art' or something! :lol:

ACE

you know i enVisiOned someThing elsE when i started. my First prOblem is my softwaRe, my second is my ArtistiC ability, and you sEe what i came up with.

i also agree with the "no campaigning" rule.

joefox97

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sadness!

Originally posted by NowInc
Plugins..baaaaaaaaaaaaad

Stay away from the non-standard photoshop ones (the ones that come with the program)..trust me.

How do you the cool things like lightning effects and stuff then?

Joe

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by ACE
you know i enVisiOned someThing elsE when i started. my First prOblem is my softwaRe, my second is my ArtistiC ability, and you sEe what i came up with.

LMAO!!!

very cute..

Originally posted by ACE

Ha, THAT'S AWESOME!

Gregory

Originally posted by ACE

Ah... subliminal messages... I thought you were just a bit tired when you wrote it... but I figured it out... nothing gets past me... :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sadness!

How do you the cool things like lightning effects and stuff then?

Joe

Well, any and almost all lighting effects I ever make are made with the airbrush tool. In order to produce a "glowing" effect, or even a light effect, you need to do the following:

1. Start with a large brush and the color you want the light to be.

2. Click once using to lay down a semi transparent colored glow, then grab a smaller brush and do it again right on top of the first one, and then one more time with yet another smaller brush.

3. Then change the color to WHITE. Grab the next size down and click once again, then the next size down and click once again.

4. The last step is to take a brush the size of the actual light source and make it a pure white center.

You can also make things appear to light up by simply using the outer glow function. Simply make the object pure white, and then set the outer glow to whatever color you wish. The circle below is an ok example of the first process, and the line is an example of using outer glow:

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 180

Blizz

Originally posted by NowInc
thats one way..yes :D

Alright, then do you happen to have any good web sites on Photoshop that I could visit to learn more? I wish I knew Photoshop better.....

mkt

Premium Member
tutorialforums.com, bluesfear.com, absolutecross.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom