• Main Street USA #15

Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE

Re: Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by tenchu
I like the idea of them being anonymous.

Good idea Goofette.

:wave:

MSU isn't winning because everyone knows him. He's winning because his entry is one of the best. If we are going to change anything, maybe we could have separate categories like photoshop professionals, and "cheap, came with your pc" amateurs. :lol:

:wave: ACE

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by Goofette
I sort of had a suggestion for the next contest, and wondered what you all thought about it:

Whoever is the winner of this contest, they still get to pick what they want for the next wallpaper like always (if that's how it's still done), but then, they have to sit out that contest. Then after that contest is over, they can join again, but the winner of it will have to sit out. Also, what about having it anonymous? This may be a terrible idea, but just a suggestion.

Well, we've done the annonymous thing before, for two straight contests. Suprisingly it didn't change much, except make things harder on me, and make it less fun overall. People enjoy commenting directly towards the person who made the wallpaper, and not knowing who made it really limits what can be posted. It's a lot of restrictions put on something that should just be simple, making it so complicated that the fun is sucked right out.

Making someone sit out isn't all that fair either. If this were for big prizes and a trip to Disney I would agree, but its just for a couple lousy topic poll picks, and in this case a t-shirt. I agree that no one should hog all of the prizes, and I've already shown in this contest that that won't happen. The fun part should be creating the wallpaper, not the voting.

If someone has a suggestion that hasn't been presented, that isn't complicated, I'm all ears. I wish we could all enter and just have some fun in here instead of worrying who will come out on top.

Just vote for your favorite. It really is that simple. If that means you vote just because you like the person, its fine with me. If you don't vote for someone because you think they win too much, then by all means, vote for someone else. This should be fun. Let's keep it that way.:)

Thanks for the suggestion, though, Goofette. It's always good to hear ideas on how to improve the contests. I need all the help I can get!:)

darthdarrel

Re: Re: Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by ACE
MSU isn't winning because everyone knows him. He's winning because his entry is one of the best. If we are going to change anything, maybe we could have separate categories like photoshop professionals, and "cheap, came with your pc" amateurs. :lol:

Now that`s not nice!:(
I wish to GOD that I could be as good as
MSU But I`m just not as smart as he is!
I have photosho pro and I can`t figure the darn thing out so I took it off of my computer,guess I`ll have to get one of those Photoshop for dummy`s books!

tenchu

Re: Re: Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by ACE

Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second that would be why MSU is winning.

I just think it could add a touch of excitement to the procedings. Sort of like its more fun receiving your presents at christmas if you don't know what they are.

Anyhoo...

ACE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Now that`s not nice!:(
I wish to GOD that I could be as good as
MSU But I`m just not as smart as he is!
I have photosho pro and I can`t figure the darn thing out so I took it off of my computer,guess I`ll have to get one of those Photoshop for dummy`s books!

Hey Darth,
I have the "cheap, came with your pc" software. I know I can't compete with photoshop but I enter the contest for the fun of it. Like MSU said, this is for fun, I don't expect to win. I'm just excited when I get more than one vote. :sohappy: But hey if you don't want that photoshop program, you can always give it to me. :lol:

Take Care,

Goofette

Thanks for listening to my suggestions. I did think the anonymous thing was probably out, because I enjoy seeing everyone post their entries and making comments on them. I just thought when you put it up for voting, to NOT put their name beside it. Just put the number and let people vote. It wouldn't really be a big secret, people could always go back to the thread where everyone posted their entries and comment on them there. I thought it would actually be even a bit simpler to just put them up by numbers.

And the idea to have someone sit out, well, personally I think it is very fair. Even contests that my daughter has in girl scouts, after they win something, they aren't eligible for the upcoming prize. I know it's not a big trip or anything you guys play for her (shoot, they play for a piece of gum in GS!), but it's still fun to actually win a contest. OK, what about this even, the winner can make an entry if they want, it's just not eligible to win THAT particular contest? The person can still participate and have fun...if it's not about "winning" then it shouldn't matter that they aren't eligible? I don't think that is being unreasonable and unfair at all. It's only having to be uneligible for the next contest, not all of them. Then after that one is over they can enter again. To me it doesn't sound unreasonable. What do you all think about that?

Ace, I know MSU doesn't win for who he is, in his case it may actually hurt him at this point. That's actually why I was wanting it anonymous, but just the voting part....it wouldn't really be a BIG secret, people could always look at the entry board. His entries are Excellent. It was just an idea. I Love the part where you said...... "If we are going to change anything, maybe we could have separate categories like photoshop professionals, and "cheap, came with your pc" amateurs." ....HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: That was Great! :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i'm definitely all for anonymous entries...

in my case, there are people on this board that hate me, and even IF i have the best entry, i will still lose...

so yeah

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, I'll leave the annonymous thing up to all of you again. Keep in mind that we've tried it before, and everyone complained that it sucked out the fun. Go vote in the poll. Whatever wins is what the next contest will be.

joefox97

Originally posted by Goofette
And the idea to have someone sit out, well, personally I think it is very fair. Even contests that my daughter has in girl scouts, after they win something, they aren't eligible for the upcoming prize. I know it's not a big trip or anything you guys play for her (shoot, they play for a piece of gum in GS!), but it's still fun to actually win a contest. OK, what about this even, the winner can make an entry if they want, it's just not eligible to win THAT particular contest? The person can still participate and have fun...if it's not about "winning" then it shouldn't matter that they aren't eligible? I don't think that is being unreasonable and unfair at all. It's only having to be uneligible for the next contest, not all of them. Then after that one is over they can enter again. To me it doesn't sound unreasonable. What do you all think about that?

I like this idea... I know that there almost all radio contests are a "win-one, sit-out-one" concept. I'm okay with that... I'm going to vote NO for the anonymous thing... it's pointless. Just my thoughts.

Joe:) :cool:

CrashNet

Originally posted by joefox97
My take on this is: If Xenofex (or any other plugin) can do something, and do it easier, then why re-invent the wheel? I'm specifically talking about the lightning effect... from the way i t was described, it's several lines, you have to make the forks and jags yourself (which admittedly is difficult, but it is time-consuming), when you can just run a plugin? Is it better/worse to do something the easy way vs. the hard way?

Just a theory... :) Not bashing anyone's methods... to each their own, I'm just trying to learn how the art I enjoy looking at gets done.

Joe:cool:

Well that is a good point...I guess what I was trying to say is use it as a learning tool, not just an easy way out. As Dan said plugins will only produce ultimately the same result. I personally like playing with it. Everytime I try doing the same thing it comes out different, and better. :)

Goofette

That's true, but I guess I was thinking since Zac said the 2nd place winner will be getting the shirt, I was thinking they both had won :eek: (actually, guess I wasn't thinking ):D

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Well, the contest officially ended last night, and it doesn't look like too many have voted since then.

Because mkt and hmppan have tied for second place, I've had to make a decision, and I hope everyone is ok with it. Since I really can't afford to give away 2 shirts and pay for shipping them both, I thought we'd roll that prize over into the next contest.

As far as the eligibility thing goes, here's what I've decided:

Any person that wins a particular contest will be entered into the next contest just as he/she was for the last one. Everything will remain the same, except he/she will not be eligible for a prize. So, in a sense, it's the same thing that happened with this contest, with me not being eligible for the shirt.

I'll check the anonnymous thread one last time, close it tonight or tomorrow, and then start the next contest.

Also, here are the three people who will be picking topics for the next topic poll:

Main Street USA: 3 topics
mkt: 2 topics
hmppan: 2 topics

I need the 2 of you to please PM me with 2 ideas each for the next contest. The topics must be WALT DISNEY WORLD related.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom