VOTE TO SAVE THE OSBORNE LIGHTS

I want the Osborne lights saved

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Remember that this is a SPONSORED attraction currently by Siemens, so that well could have gone dry to pay for the labor to install, maintain and pay for it all.

Phonedave

I have seen the lights many times - ran through them for F&W 1/2 marathon. they are nice, but not something I am going to get in a twist about trying to save. They really don't make or break my visit to the park (during the times they are active).

The are impressive, but not THAT impressive. its really more about the scale of the install than the technology behind it. And SoA needs to go, that place is a ghost town otherwise. It will also stop me from complaining about how inaccurate the Manhattan layout is (if you are looking at the Flatiron building, the Chrysler building is behind you, and then Empire State Building is behind and to your right).

And no, I am not waiting with baited breath for Star Wars Land. While I think Star Wars is great, and will likely enjoy the expansion, I am no way a slavering fan.

-dave

ItlngrlBella

I know it's been stated by WDW that they are not returning however it would make sense to relocate them to Epocot's World Showcase - because that park needs something new and a serious zhuzzing up.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I have seen the lights many times - ran through them for F&W 1/2 marathon. they are nice, but not something I am going to get in a twist about trying to save. They really don't make or break my visit to the park (during the times they are active).

The are impressive, but not THAT impressive. its really more about the scale of the install than the technology behind it. And SoA needs to go, that place is a ghost town otherwise. It will also stop me from complaining about how inaccurate the Manhattan layout is (if you are looking at the Flatiron building, the Chrysler building is behind you, and then Empire State Building is behind and to your right).

And no, I am not waiting with baited breath for Star Wars Land. While I think Star Wars is great, and will likely enjoy the expansion, I am no way a slavering fan.

-dave

since DHS will have nothing but constructions for the next 3 years removing the lights is just another missing attraction that will make DHS empty. Whether they are a major attraction or not its something for DHS. Its going to be tough times for DHS if they keep shuting things down.

DisneyFans4Life

since DHS will have nothing but constructions for the next 3 years removing the lights is just another missing attraction that will make DHS empty. Whether they are a major attraction or not its something for DHS. Its going to be tough times for DHS if they keep shuting things down.
I don't think the lights could stay up during construction. I believe that part of the park is going to get closed off and then demolished; there's no way they could have kept the lights up during construction.

NormC

Considering that is one of the construction zones the lights must go.

Phonedave

I know it's been stated by WDW that they are not returning however it would make sense to relocate them to Epocot's World Showcase - because that park needs something new and a serious zhuzzing up.

Moving the lights to WS would totally be horrible. WS is supposed to be about world cultures. Over the years that has been dumbed down - blander more "American" foods, less and less merchandise, and less entertainment specific to the countries. Adding some flashy lights and dressing the countries up like a $2 street walker would be the final nail in the coffin.

-dave

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Considering that is one of the construction zones the lights must go.

how about the animation court yard and the Great movie ride building, create some Christmas trees ringing the whole center court. I just can't imagine how bad that area will be with noting to go back there for? DHS will be better in the end but getting to the end will be brutal unless they come up with something imaginative to hold us over until it opens again.

wdwjmp239

Two things happened when I saw this thread:

1) I thought to myself, "Why are we saving the Osborne lights?" - Obviously, Disney felt like this was something that wasn't going to work in the redesign of Hollywood Studios. Not sure what an online petition is going to accomplish, but go ahead and try one. I'd be really surprised if they reconsidered.

2) I thought I heard the voice of the lady from Back To The Future shaking the donation can yelling, "SAVE THE CLOCK TOWER!"

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! :)

I am shocked I thought people on this site would be happy to see another old out of date attraction leave. I mean it is well over 10 years old is it not. According to many threads on this if its old its out of date and its old and out of date it should be thrown in the trash heap.

Tom

Beta Return
And SoA needs to go, that place is a ghost town otherwise.

-dave

Oh, thank God someone else noticed that! Not just me! I walk through there and I'm like, "where are all the people?" I pull on doors, and they're all locked up and the windows are clouded over. I peek behind the buildings and they're so decrepit that significant portions have literally fallen off, or have been removed for safety concerns.

It really is a ghost town. Glad I'm not crazy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh, thank God someone else noticed that! Not just me! I walk through there and I'm like, "where are all the people?" I pull on doors, and they're all locked up and the windows are clouded over. I peek behind the buildings and they're so decrepit that significant portions have literally fallen off, or have been removed for safety concerns.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time any of the shops back there were actually open. It's pretty bad when Disney can't even keep a store open.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

It's kinda creepy. At any moment I'd expect to see Rick Grimes come running around a corner yelling at me to run.

Rescue Ranger

I do not think it needs saving. It had an amazing run. Now it's time for Disney to (hopefully) start something new and even grander. They can now solely create a new display and theme. Probably will be Frozen based and they'll add a sponsor, but whatever they do I'm sure will be similar and fantastic!

I highly doubt they would not capitalize on the popularity of this entertainment and the crowds and money it brings. It may not be back in time for next year, but something comparable will be sure to return to WDW in the not too distant future I'm sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom