Trip Report Volunteering by Day, Park Hopping by Night! - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

Hi, forum friends! I have been back home for about a week :cry:. Finally got my photos edited, and both @Doc Disney and @prfctlyximprct are ahead of me, so I better get started.

Here's a breakdown of the trip...

Who? Me and my friend L, who was with me on my friends trip two years ago.
Where? All-Star Movies. We spent no time at the resort, so I don't regret this, but...well you'll see.
When? January 19-23
Why? To volunteer at Give Kids the World. We did two shifts in the morning, and headed to the parks early afternoon.

Here we are

Ok, so I'll get us started in the next post. Here we gooooooooo......

MerMom1981

Been following along faithfully, but somehow I didn't bother to comment!

Volunteering at Give Kids the World seems like such a rewarding experience! Thanks for sharing with us! Who know how many you may have inspired to give their time as well?

I am so SO envious of your Magic Meetup! I want in on the fun!

Doc Disney

When we got back to the room and were getting ready for bed, I was on my side of the room and heard L yelp. I look over and she's just hopping around hollering (not too loud, don't worry). All the sudden I see a HUGE MASSIVE GIANT ROACH on the sink! I used to work in a retail store where the back room was infested with roaches, but this roach was like double the size o_O She was too scared to kill it because it moved so fast when she stepped toward it. And I was not getting even an inch closer! I can't do it.

:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: OMG ARE YOU JOKING?! I would literally die.....I'm literally gagging reading this haha
AH! Now I have another thing to worry about in Disney

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: OMG ARE YOU JOKING?! I would literally die.....I'm literally gagging reading this haha
AH! Now I have another thing to worry about in Disney
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I REALLY want to eventually stay in all the disney resorts at least once, but I'm going to have to wait a good long while before I stay at the last All-Star I need (Music). I know it's just part of being in Florida, but it was traumatic :hilarious:

prfctlyximprct

Ahhhh your story about the roach has me cracking up! I’d be the same way!! I put a cup over bugs until joe comes home because I cannot kill them!!! Thank goodness for that father! I’d be calling guest services :p

I watched this show once, why I don’t know, but it was about abandoned houses in Florida that had all these snakes in them and it has killed my retirement dreams LOL

Rista1313

I just googled Palmetto bugs to see if that was what it was, and now I'm gagging. I honestly didn't get close enough to even tell :hilarious: Thankfully this one didn't start flying or I would have LOST IT. I try so hard to be strong about a lot of things, but bugs just break me down.

When I lived in Atlanta, I woke up with one on my arm in the middle of the night. I think I didn't sleep for days after that.... OMGEE!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Ok guys, going to try to finish this up this weekend! I'm down to right about 1 month until the next one. Woo!!

After the Trolley Show, I headed toward my next FP. I realized when I looked at the app that I somehow had 4 FPs and the first two overlapped. I don't know what happened, but I just disregarded the first one because that's the one I'm pretty sure I had modified the previous evening, so it must have been a glitch.

As I was walking into Liberty Square, I noticed the Muppet show was starting. I saw the Town Crier and chatted with him for a few minutes. He asked if I'd seen the show, and I told him just the Declaration of Independence. Unfortunately that was the one coming up :cry:

No worries, it would still be fun!

Well, about a minute in, there was a technical glitch and they had to stop the show. The town crier said something about Miss Piggy being a diva. It was a good cover for the tech issues :joyfull:

I did find out that Paul Revere would be the next one, so I decided I would get some food and come back. I think I tried to do something else but went straight for food instead.

Found a seat at Sleepy Hollow and dug into this monster! It took me nearly a half hour to eat this :hilarious: It was so good, but so filling! I knew I wouldn't be very hungry again for a while.

Soon it was time for the next Muppet show!

No town crier for this one, just muppets. I stood right at the front for pictures.

Such a cute show! I'm glad I've seen them both now. I can't decide which one I like better.

After the show, I just had a few minutes left to use my first FP.

I got close to the front again :rolleyes:

It was still fun. The family in front of me was super adorable and clearly having an amazing time together! I love seeing that.

Walking back toward Liberty Square, I marveled at the beautiful Big Thunder. It's such a picturesque area!

Next FP window was open! Had to say "See ya real soon" to my favorite

I got some Photopass shots outside. A few cute ones and a weird one.

I didn't upload the weird one, but she told me to look serious and I just looked like I was mad and judging her very harshly :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Up next: Sheriff meeting princesses?!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
So my tshirt is Tiana themed and says "There Ain't Nothing Gonna Stop Me Now." Kind of a girl power thing :D

Since I had this shirt on, I thought I'd meet Tiana again. And of course if I'm meeting Tiana, I'm going to meet Rapunzel too! The wait was supposed to be like 15 minutes, but it ended up being about a half hour. Since I really didn't have many plans for the day, I didn't mind.

I finally got to Rapunzel and she LOVED my "satchel" (backpack).

We talked about how it looked like Spaceship Earth at Epcot, and she said she loves to go over there and either plant or pick flowers...can't remember which. We talked about some other stuff like painting. I don't watch Disney movies enough to be able to talk to these people :hilarious: It was still super fun and we talked quite a bit!

The photographer liked my bag a lot too and asked me as I was walking out where I got it. I tried to remember what it was called on Amazon, but I couldn't remember. I ended up searching it on my amazon orders afterwards and coming back in to tell her. She wrote it down so she could get one. I did feel a little bad that the families meeting weren't getting pictures while I was talking to her :facepalm: Hopefully they had their cell phones out.

Tiana wasn't as talkative but I still loved meeting her. She's honestly my favorite princess, so I was a little shy :hilarious:

I think she asked me about my goals, and I was just like "umm, I don't know...be a good person?" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I'm not good under pressure.

I showed her my feminism shirt and she mentioned the Women's March. It was fun! Kind of makes me feel less awkward to be able to talk about real stuff instead of just stuff in the stories.

After meeting these lovely princesses, I was ready for my next fast pass in Tomorrowland.

I remember someone mentioning the Space Mountain ball pit at some point, but I never noticed it. The FP line was backed up all the way to close to the entrance!!!! It was sooooo long. I didn't time it, but it was at least a half hour wait. So annoying, but whatever, like I said, I didn't have much planned. :cautious:

And again, I looked the wrong way. I know Emily and Tuvalu told me what to do, but clearly I'm not great at following direction :hilarious:

When I got back from Space, I had a very strong craving for some coffee. I hadn't had any all day!

I ended up getting an iced latte from Joffrey's. It was the "Mission to S'mores" latte. It was delicious! I think it would be better hot because then the toppings wouldn't get weird with the ice, but it was still good iced.

2018-01-23 11.07.46.jpg

While I was in line for SM, I'd made a fast pass for Pooh, so I headed over there. The family behind me had a kind of wild kid, but the parents were clearly trying to keep him in check. He was just really young and rambunctious. The mom said something like "I'm sorry, we're probably ruining your Winnie the Pooh experience." I assured her that I'd ridden it many times and she shouldn't worry about me :joyfull: I hope they were having a good time despite a wild toddler.

Cuties!

I headed back toward the hub next.

Taking some time to soak in the castle.

Move It, Shake It was coming through, so I took some character shots. I REALLY wanted to join in and dance, but I was too shy. I'm bold, but not that bold.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster

This parade is kind of dumb, but I guess it can be fun if you want to dance around a little. It's also a good place to see a bunch of characters.

While waiting for Pooh, I'd made another FP for Buzz, so I headed into Tomorrowland again.

Got stuck in the first room, so I maxed out :hilarious: So far I've only been able to max out when I've gotten stopped for a bit. Whatever...it's not cheating if I don't CHOOSE to stop!

My favorite ride photo of the trip :hilarious:

I got my sticker as I was leaving the ride, then I saw Buzz was meeting, and I wanted a picture with him and my Galactic Hero sticker. His line took a bit of time, but while I was in line, I made a FP to meet Mickey. I kept trying to move it up, but never did succeed.

I got to Buzz and showed him my sticker. I told him I saved the galaxy!

He clearly recognizes who the real hero is!

This was so fun, and yes I'm a child :hilarious:

When in Rome...I mean, Tomorrowland....

When I got off the Peoplemover, I headed toward the Hub again. I placed an order on the app for some Casey's, but I got sidetracked.

Up next: Main Street Philharmonic

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Where is the Space Mountain ball pit? I have never heard of such a thing, but you can’t argue with a photo! :joyfull:
It's right after you enter the ride queue. If you're in the FP line, it's on the right. I assume it's on the other side too, but I could be wrong! It's...weird. I guess maybe it cushions the fall if a kid climbs and falls? I have no idea :hilarious:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster

I saw these talented guys walking toward the hub and decided to listen to their show.

This guy is hilarious!

If I'm being honest, I don't love horns. I'm more of a strings girl, but I can't deny that the MS Philharmonic is very talented and entertaining! I enjoying watching them, and I joined in the little shaker dance at the end. It was a nice little distraction on this perfect day.

Up next: Final moments in MK :cry::cry::cry:

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Ahhhh your story about the roach has me cracking up! I’d be the same way!! I put a cup over bugs until joe comes home because I cannot kill them!!! Thank goodness for that father! I’d be calling guest services :p

I watched this show once, why I don’t know, but it was about abandoned houses in Florida that had all these snakes in them and it has killed my retirement dreams LOL

This is the only reason why I keep a phone book around. Good for smashing bugs.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I finally made my way over to Casey's. All I got was some fries...I was still full-ish from the waffle sandwich! I just needed a snack. I sat on the hub grass and enjoyed the atmosphere while I snacked.

After I ate my fries, it was finally time to meet Mickey, then I was going to have to head out.

The FP line for Mickey took WAY longer than I anticipated, and I was really close to leaving because I had a plane to catch! Thankfully I stuck it out.

He looks like he's pushing me away :cautious::hilarious:

I didn't like talking Mickey very much. I was constantly worried about cutting him off! It was just awkward, but I can see how it would be super cute for kids.

When I finally left there, I high tailed it out to the busses. I almost went to the wrong row, but realized my mistake before I went too far. I got to the bus stop and waited 20 minutes for the dang bus. :rolleyes: Of course when I'm in the biggest hurry, it takes the max amount of time.

When I got back to All Star Movies though, it was right around the time I'd planned to be back, so all was well. I got my bags, then ordered a Lyft. I had about 5 minutes to get my bags situated. I put some jeans in my carryon and changed into my tennis shoes, so I could wear my jeans on the plane (changed at the airport).

I had 50% off Lyft rides, so my ride with a $5 tip (more than I normally tip, but I did it since I had a discount) was $22. Not bad! I could have done ME, but I liked the idea of just calling a ride when I was ready. It worked out well, and my husband won't do this, so it was a good opportunity for me to try it out. My driver was not a talker, so I got to just relax.

I had TSA precheck (literally the best purchase I've ever made) so I had no wait at security and got to my gate with plenty of time. All my worry while waiting for Mickey was for naught!

Well that's it! My last little morning in MK was so wonderful...I have now planned a solo trip in July to volunteer and play in the parks. I love going with my wonderful husband, but I discovered that I'm a fan of doing the parks alone too!

Hope you guys enjoyed the report :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom