Volcano Bay

No Name

The actual episode segment has been out since August I think, still very funny no doubt. I watch the show regularly. My only question is, their "backstage" location looked very much in view of normal guests. Was it? When people aren't supposed to know it's a TV show, that doesn't work so well.

Can anyone who watched tell?

mergatroid

Seems reviews have improved this last month or so. It probably coincides with temperatures that mean only none Floridians attend so people are riding far more with crowds way down. Shows was a great park it is when not overcrowded unlike when I visited, hopefully with a few additional slides we'll see improvements in the busier times too.

davis_unoxx

Seems reviews have improved this last month or so. It probably coincides with temperatures that mean only none Floridians attend so people are riding far more with crowds way down. Shows was a great park it is when not overcrowded unlike when I visited, hopefully with a few additional slides we'll see improvements in the busier times too.
I want to visit this time of year!!!!!

UpAllNight

Where’s the expansion that they were “possibly 2 or 3 weeks away from announcing” 7 months ago? It’s looking at this point that there’ll be similar issues in summer 2018 as this year, unless they’ve started capping capacity?

UCF

Where’s the expansion that they were “possibly 2 or 3 weeks away from announcing” 7 months ago? It’s looking at this point that there’ll be similar issues in summer 2018 as this year, unless they’ve started capping capacity?
I read its been hitting capacity (at least once) this week, so I'd expect throughout next summer, expansion or not, it to be hitting capacity daily. If you want to try to enjoy it, go during the warmer days of winter. I'm surprised how slow they're moving on the expansion.

Tom Morrow

They still haven't bothered to put a proper brim wall around the place. It's still a crappy chain-link fence with green tarp. You can very easily see backstage from I4.

JT3000

They still haven't bothered to put a proper brim wall around the place. It's still a crappy chain-link fence with green tarp. You can very easily see backstage from I4.

You can easily see backstage areas from every road surrounding/throughout the resort. I don't think you'll be seeing that on their to-do list.

Tom Morrow

You can easily see backstage areas from every road surrounding/throughout the resort. I don't think you'll be seeing that on their to-do list.
That's true. It's just extra awkward with the extremely close proximity. You'd think they would want a wall to block some of the noise, at least.

I wish they would commit to immersion everywhere and not just in the Wizarding World.

Disneyhead'71

That's true. It's just extra awkward with the extremely close proximity. You'd think they would want a wall to block some of the noise, at least.

I wish they would commit to immersion everywhere and not just in the Wizarding World.
Since they weren't going to build a wall surrounding the park that would be tall enough to eliminate the view of the outside world from 15 stories up on the volcano, they decided to account for the existing surroundings in the theme and backstory.

Tom Morrow

Since they weren't going to build a wall surrounding the park that would be tall enough to eliminate the view of the outside world from 15 stories up on the volcano, they decided to account for the existing surroundings in the theme and backstory.
I meant at least maybe a 10 foot wall to block the traffic noise and views from ground level. Anything better than a tacky, cheap chain-link fence.

Disneyhead'71

I meant at least maybe a 10 foot wall to block the traffic noise and views from ground level. Anything better than a tacky, cheap chain-link fence.
They may be installing a new wall/fence now. As I was getting on I-4 from the Adventure Way entrance, the chain link fence had been removed and a more substantial frame was being installed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom