Volcano Bay

Disneyhead'71

Curious....
universal_s_volcano_bay_rendering.jpg

seascape

Where is the parking? The construction is coming along and it looks like it will be a nice water park but I don't see a parking area.

seascape

Same parking as the two theme parks.
That is so far away from the water park . Not even six flags did that to their guests. Do you really think locals will want to walk that far when they were used to parking right next to WNW? That is a big mistake on attendancd of what may be the nicest water park in Orlando but if you only want those staying in you hotels then it may be a good move for total profits but it will drive the locals to the other water parks where entry and exist is much easier. In that case this is good for Sea World and Disney.

Mike S

That is so far away from the water park . Not even six flags did that to their guests. Do you really think locals will want to walk that far when they were used to parking right next to WNW? That is a big mistake on attendancd of what may be the nicest water park in Orlando but if you only want those staying in you hotels then it may be a good move for total profits but it will drive the locals to the other water parks where entry and exist is much easier. In that case this is good for Sea World and Disney.
You really don't think there will be some form of transportation?

Last edited:

JT3000

Too far for another moving sidewalk, or not?

Way too far.

Red = Parking
Blue = Volcano Bay
Property02_zpsejgfsvz4.jpg

I suspected there wouldn't be any dedicated parking due to the size of the land they're working with, but even with a shuttle of some sort, that's going to be a less than optimal setup.

lazyboy97o

It is definitely a good distance but riding a bus is something Walt Disney World resort guests do when visiting the water parks. Sapphire Falls seems to be getting a rather nicely sized parking structure on the south side of its property that would be far more convenient.

seascape

It is definitely a good distance but riding a bus is something Walt Disney World resort guests do when visiting the water parks. Sapphire Falls seems to be getting a rather nicely sized parking structure on the south side of its property that would be far more convenient.
Disney hotel guests are used to the bus and I think Universal's hotel guests will have no problem taking a bus. However those staying off property in other hotels and timeshares and especially locals drive. They will want convenient parking like WNW gives and so do Sea World and Disney. I think this is a mistake but when Universal has 15,000 hotel rooms it may be a profitable move as they show like Disney tourists matter the most and locals are taken for granted.

JoeCamel

With what they do at CBBR the buses are working, I never had to wait more than a few minutes for one both times I stayed there so adding some and putting VB on the route would work. I understand the problem of keeping AC working in a bus in Florida but if they can jump that hurdle it works well.

Even opening day for Diagon Alley they had buses lined up so guests were not waiting to get there at 5AM, very responsive to the capacity needs so they can do it. All the ones I have seen are painted for CBBR so they have them parked somewhere and can put them in service as needed.

Just have the AC work....

rioriz

This does present a unique problem....as an off site guest I would not want to ride a bus from the parking structure to the water park...especially coming back.

Nevertheless I will go when it opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom