Trip Report Viva Italia!! My Adventure by Disney!

So yours truly just arrived home from a wonderful trip to Italy courtesy of Adventures by Disney and let me tell you, it was AWESOME!! The tour that I went on was called Viva Italia which took us from Rome to Tuscany to Florence and then our final stop in Venice, which was truly a dream come true for me! Venice has been on my bucket list for some time now and it did not disappoint. So, let me tell you about my Adventures!

Day1: My daughter and I took a late afternoon flight out of Newark that got us into sunny Rome the next morning. The flight was a little over 8 ½ hours, but who’s counting, we’re going to ITALY!!

When we arrived we were met by our Adventures by Disney greeter who helped us to grab our luggage and after a quick potty break we headed towards the exit where we met one of our Adventure Guides Marco. He was staying at the airport to help co-ordinate the other Adventurers that would be arriving that day and said he would see us at the hotel later for the reception. Our bags were loaded into the waiting van and we were off on our Adventure in Rome! I do have to say that the drivers in Rome definitely give the NYC drives some heavy competition. And those people on the scooters!!! Wow, they do take their lives into their own hands over there. They make their own lanes… LOL

It took us approx 30 mins to arrive at the beautiful Gran Melia Rome hotel.
melia.JPG

ItlngrlBella

Oh wow - this is on my bucket list - my dream trip! The Vatican private tour seemed simply amazing and too beautiful for words.

If any had wanted, are there ways for their on tour to attend a daily mass there?

Stellajack

Premium Member
Pam, my DH and I did Viva Italia 10 years ago and loved it! We leave for a return trip (our slightly delayed 50th anniversary celebration) with our daughter, son, spouses, and grandchildren, (9 in our party) on June 20. We booked both a pre night in Rome and post night in Venice (which of course is handled by ABD). We can't wait for our family to experience this trip together. Thank you for the pics! They truly depict the best of this trip. BTW where is Venice?! ;)

You are so right about ABD handling every single detail. On our first trip, one piece of our luggage didn't make it from NY on time. Who do you think retrieved it for us the next day? Disney guide Marco, of course! He claimed that "Tink dropped pixie dust on it and it magically appeared!" It is such a great experience in addition to bonding with so many other families who travel with you. Don't know if we can handle the next 28 days until "wheels up"!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I LOVE Marco!!!!! I'm so happy that you are going back!! I have a client heading there shortly with ABD and Disney cruise line. Keep in mind for future ABD's that we have a nice booking incentive that we offer!

Safe travels!!

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I can't believe that it's been this long since I took this tour! I absolutely loved it and I cannot tell you enough times that Adventures by Disney is the absolute best way to see the world!

Thank you to everyone that read about my adventures!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom