Trip Report Viva Italia!! My Adventure by Disney!

So yours truly just arrived home from a wonderful trip to Italy courtesy of Adventures by Disney and let me tell you, it was AWESOME!! The tour that I went on was called Viva Italia which took us from Rome to Tuscany to Florence and then our final stop in Venice, which was truly a dream come true for me! Venice has been on my bucket list for some time now and it did not disappoint. So, let me tell you about my Adventures!

Day1: My daughter and I took a late afternoon flight out of Newark that got us into sunny Rome the next morning. The flight was a little over 8 ½ hours, but who’s counting, we’re going to ITALY!!

When we arrived we were met by our Adventures by Disney greeter who helped us to grab our luggage and after a quick potty break we headed towards the exit where we met one of our Adventure Guides Marco. He was staying at the airport to help co-ordinate the other Adventurers that would be arriving that day and said he would see us at the hotel later for the reception. Our bags were loaded into the waiting van and we were off on our Adventure in Rome! I do have to say that the drivers in Rome definitely give the NYC drives some heavy competition. And those people on the scooters!!! Wow, they do take their lives into their own hands over there. They make their own lanes… LOL

It took us approx 30 mins to arrive at the beautiful Gran Melia Rome hotel.
melia.JPG

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
After leaving the Pantheon we walked to lunch and in our travel we passed some of the old Roman Bath ruins. We also passed many lovely buildings that had these gorgeous flower gardens either on the balcony or rooftop. And many of them had Jasmine growing all over them. It was beautiful!

Attachments

• Roman Baths.jpg
    Roman Baths.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Rome flowers.jpg
    Rome flowers.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 59
  • rome flowers 3.jpg
    rome flowers 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 56

smk

I took a zillion pictures of flowers in windows and doors. Italy has the most gorgeous doors, hand carved wood, ornate door are every where! Later, when I returned I found a Hallmark ornament called "doors of Italy". I of course had to buy it and every year I find a special place front and center on my Christmas tree.

I also took a tons of pictures of the roads. I felt almost nostalgic, walking on the very stones of the Roman soldiers. Italy is the best, most romantic place I have ever been. I cannot wait to go back one fine day!

tem325

Wow, this vacation looks amazing!

Do you think it was worth the cost of the trip, or in hindsight, would you have preferred to save some money and plan the itinerary/etc. on your own?

kasi22

I think during the trip no one want to be need to jealous any other members because its time to enjoy the life not to fight with the others or angry with the others..but any way it good resort of Disney..

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Wow, this vacation looks amazing!

Do you think it was worth the cost of the trip, or in hindsight, would you have preferred to save some money and plan the itinerary/etc. on your own?

Compared to the other European packages that are out there that we book, Disney's is so much better and definitely worth the money. No, I wouldn't plan my own especially being that this was my first time in Italy. I have lived in Germany and visited other European countries but this was off the charts. We were able to see and do so much more than if we were to plan it out on our own. And I cannot say enough about the Adventure Guides. They are spot on and take care of every single thing. The Disney magic definitely carries through to these tours. I cannot recommend them enough to anyone that wants to have a little Adventure in their lives. It's wonderful AND they offer the tours for adults only for those without children.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Here are some more ruins that we walked past. Our local guide told us that this was near the spot where Cesear was assassinated.

Attachments

• cesaer  1.jpg
    cesaer 1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 57
  • csear 2.jpg
    csear 2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 62
  • cesear 3.jpg
    cesear 3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 52

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
This was followed by the Spanish Steps and the Coliseum. The Spanish steps have been used countless times by many fashion designers when shooting the models in their clothes. When we arrived at the Coliseum I literally had goosebumps. Just being there and seeing something that is such a big part of our World history was just amazing.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I do believe I forgot to post the pics of our lunch! well part of it LOL

Attachments

• lunch rome.JPG
    lunch rome.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 62
  • lunch 1.JPG
    lunch 1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • lunch 2.JPG
    lunch 2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 58
  • lunch 3.JPG
    lunch 3.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 67

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
They brought us 4 different pizzas to each table. OMG it was soooooooo good! We had varieties that were the typical margerita pizza to one with proscuito and one that had gorganzola. I was not a big fan of the one with gorganzola and I like gorganzola.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
And here is our local guide Stephano at the Pantheon and near the city ruins
Stephano in the Pantheon.JPG
Stephano city center ruins.JPG
. Not great pics but he was absolutely wonderful He knew so much about the Roman history and of each place that we visited that he really took the experience to a whole other level!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
We learned all about how they would import different animals and they also told us everything from what the columns were made of to the recent construction. It was definitely a big highlight for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom