• We just wander around the park.

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • We definitely make a park plan.

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
When you head out to the parks on your stay in WDW, do you usually have a set plan or pattern for making your way around or do you just wander the park taking in whatever you feel like?

In my case, I usually decide which things I feel I need to do immediately and come back to the ones I wouldn't mind seeing.

hockeymom

well, we have tried to have a plan of sorts, but it doesn't usually seem to pan out and then we just end up wandering around, but still getting to all the things on the must do list.

DisJosh

Plans are alright for your first time out in the parks. Once you know the lay of the lands plans are a waste of time. I just do whatever I feel like doing depending on lines ect...

Katherine

Usually before we go to the parks we each pick a ride that is a must see for us in the park and we make sure we get to those rides before we leave. Inbetween the must sees we just wander around going on rides.:p

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
You can attempt to plan all you want, but you can never plan around the lines. So, we just wander and make a general "plan" to do all we can and make ride priorities in our minds. It's easiest that way. Have a wonderful day everyone! :D

conntom

When iam in the Parks it's go go where I like when I like some
time I sit and watch People go bye sometimes People walk up
to me and ask do you no were this ride is or that ride is and I
say sure I like to help.
:)

Scar Junior

The only time we everplan is when we go during a peak season time. Other than that you will find 15 minute waits or less most everywhere so it is really upto you on what to do next. I prefer to roam around the pak during low seaonal times. This way you get to do what you want to do - when you want to do it!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The only plan we make is what park on what day and once were in there what we will miss. The most important plan is what where and when your going to get some tucker.:slurp:

no2apprentice

The only time of the year we've been at WDW is at spring break. Needless to say, we follow a plan (Unoffical Guide). It may be more tiring, but we get to everything we want, and most important of all, we have time at the end of the day to shop!:animwink:

dreamer

The poll wouldn't take my vote.

Newcomers and younger people definitely need plans. They're too keyed up to just wander.

Unfortunately, I still fall in that category most of the time.

However, every time I go I wander more and plan less. Once you've seen it all, it's definitely the best way to go. Just enjoy and be spontaneous.

The only problem is the planners who have all their sphincters in a wad scooping up the PS at all the restaurants months in advance. That really screws it up for people who know how to actually enjoy Disney World.

SpongeScott

We make a plan on every park we go to according to The Unofficial Guide book. We tweak it a little and follow it religiously and ALWAYS have time left at the end of the day to then do whatever we want to do. Last year, we knocked out MK by mid-afternoon and then flew by the seat of our pants doing whatever. As I was taught in school--failing to plan is planning to fail (well, maybe that wil help somebody sometime).

GenerationX

I plan, plan, then plan some more. I plan for contingencies, and I allot more time than is necessary. I don't have a point-to-point itinerary, but more an idea of what we must do, in what general sequence, and what attractions are nearby and optional if we have time.

I'm also one of those with my "sphincter in a wad" making PS way in advance. It's either make the PS way in advance, or wait forever for a table. I'll always choose the former. I have precious little time in WDW, and I have no desire to spend it waiting any more than I have to. My window of vacation time is also extremely limited - forcing me to go mid-summer. Despite my wad-ish sphincter, I (amazingly!) seem to know how to have a good time in WDW. We go in mid-summer, we get to see everything we have planned to see (plus more), and we don't argue, yell, or push the kids.

Maybe next time we go we'll just wander aimlessly and experience the joy of endless lines, sore feet, and cranky kids.:rolleyes:

Becky

I plan and wander.:veryconfu

During some times of the year Spectromagic is only offered on one or two weekend days. Therefore I plan to be in MK then.

When at Epcot, if Pam is working, I plan to be near the Rose and Crown around 7. I also plan to be to have lunch at the Garden Grill if Rosie is working.

By tradition I plan to do Epcot my first and last days.

Other than the above I wander, and wander and wander and it rained and it rained and it rained. Sorry, I guess I am the one person who still likes The Living Seas.:D

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi YankeeFan,

You should plan if:

If you've got a list of attractions you want to see

and at least one of the following two things is true

1) You're going during a peak time (summer, holidays, spring break)

2) You're not going to get up early every morning to be at the park when it opens.

If you're going to do a fairly comprehensive tour of, say, the Magic Kingdom, having a plan will save you up to five hours of standing in line.

Similarly, sleeping in is perfectly normal on a vacation. But if you still want to see a lot of attractions, every hour you spend sleeping in costs about two hours of waiting in line. That is, if you arrive at 11 a.m. instead of 9 a.m., you'll wait in line four more hours to see the same attractions.

If seeing a lot of attractions isn't important to you on this trip, then you don't need a plan. I would, however, try to wander around Epcot in the evenings. It's wonderful.

Len

Loucifr

We do a bit of both.

Most years our group includes My wife the kids and I. My folks. Sometimes the inlaws(YIKES) My brother and his Family and some close friends of my wife and mine. We all go down for 10 days in Feb.

What we do is mostly wander. Before we head south we all make a SHORT list of some things that we want to do (IN EACH PARK) we include shows, rides, places to eat, and even places to have a nice cold adult beverage. Make sure to include some meals at some various resorts some of the best restaurants in WDW are not in the parks . Surprisingly all of the lists are usually very similar. Before we leave we collect all the lists and compile a master list for each park. We write everything down on index cards and during the week we make it a priority to get to each place on the list. This has always worked great for us, we all get a say in what we do.

Including the restaurantsis great my wife and I always seemed to hit the same places every year. Making a list like this we almost always end up going someplace to eat we have never been to. So it is a great way to check out some new places

cymbaldiva

I'm not a planner at all really...but as was said before, I do plan around big things that I can't control (fireworks, an ocassional parade, etc) As far as attractions and resturants, I just go where the spirit moves me at the time! :)

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Plan and Prepare!

I always have a very detailed plan when I visit WDW. At the top of the list is always have contingency plans. What if the monorail breaks down? What if the bus stop is too busy? What if a fire breaks out in my resort? What if some other emergency were to happen? What if I get a great discount? What if I saw Now Inc. in one of the parks? What if I am able to visit my favorite attractions without a wait? What if I or a family member gets sick? In short, plan for the best but be prepared for the worst! I'm ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom