Visit to the World at XMAS

Jheyman

Hello All,
I was just wondering how soon those of you that have been have booked a visit for the week of xmas/newyears? Is now to early or should I wait a bit. My extended family and I are thinking about doing at least a few days down there for xmas as sort of a bonus vacation. Also, has anyone booked a magical gathering, is it worth it to book everyone together? I have at least 12 people going at most 18. If anyone has any feedback on any of this it would be greatly appericated. Thanks!!
Justin

jim1051

Holidays

We love Christmas time at Disney. Make your plans as soon as you can. We prefer non holiday weeks both december and Easter due to crowds, but if that is all that works, it is still Disney vacation afterall.

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

Christmas around the world in EPCOT is the best. We enjoyed hearing about Christmas from the storytellers in each country.

Pierre Noel in France, Father Christmas in Great Britain, and the Monkey King in China were our favorites.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

They do fill quickly, so you may not get first choice on your rooms, but we went with a group of 12 and didn't know school scheduels etc., until May and had no problem getting three non smoking rooms, two connecting one next to the others at the value resorts.

Once you know your dates, you'll want to keep an eye on the boards to see when you can make your meal reservations for Candlelight Processional (if this is your 1st WDW Christmas You've got to make time for this!) we didn't have ressies and had no problems, but its my understanding that its changed a bit meaning there are fewer standby seats available.

Also you'll want to make your meal reservations if you want a nice sit down meal Christmas Eve or Christmas Day or both. If you want to see the parades you'll have to grab your spot more than the usual hour prior to parade time so be prepared to not get to ride every ride and see every show if you don't have a full week.

We had no problems with shows, parades, rides and meals. Yes its crowded, but everyone is in the holiday spirit, its not 100+ degrees outside and the decorations, holiday shows etc are just so amazing that you don't mind all the other people.

We are going back this Christmas ...so can't wait!!!!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We go that week all the time! haha

The latest we made our reservations for our traditional 12/26 check in date was in mid-October. Of course, the earliest you are set on dates and room numbers is better, but know that we were able to get rooms at Yacht Club booking in mid-October. Normally, we book in August or Sept.

Upvote 0
I

I,Walt

Have fun

Jheyman said:
Hello All,
I was just wondering how soon those of you that have been have booked a visit for the week of xmas/newyears? Is now to early or should I wait a bit. My extended family and I are thinking about doing at least a few days down there for xmas as sort of a bonus vacation. Also, has anyone booked a magical gathering, is it worth it to book everyone together? I have at least 12 people going at most 18. If anyone has any feedback on any of this it would be greatly appericated. Thanks!!
Justin
As soon as you get a sure number of people book you trip. It is great time to visit but very busy.

Upvote 0

col

hi :wave: , i booked my holiday for last xmas and new years in january 2005 -coz xmas '04 was really crap so i thought what better way to spend xmas and new year than at WDW.

Let me say its amazing. everything is perfect way better than xmas at home. they have so much stuff going on at each park.

at AK there is mickey's jingle jammin' christmas parade which is awesome that always gets the crowd in the spirit.

EPCOT has the candlelight processional which is really good and its free :D -it has about 3 shows on a night and different hosts (john stamos rocked!!!).

MGM has the osborne lights spectacle which is something i never expected with the "snow" falling from above and all those lights -i read about it and saw pic's but wasnt prepared for what it looked like seeing it for myself.

MK has a fab parade on xmas day but it does get packed for the parade. seeing wishes every night was jaw dropping.

if your in a disney resort definetley take advantage of the EMH's -they are the best times to go to the parks at over xmas and new year coz its less crowded and small wait times.

over xmas there are extra shows of fantasmic and wishes.

i spent new years in epcot and had the best new years ever -you get hats and horns and the whole atmosphere is buzzin'.

im saving up so i can go back next year for longer and stay in a deluxe and value -all stars!!!!

have fun and get there early on new years if your going to MK or epcot.at epcot there is a stage infront of SSE and has music playing all night. from my resort (PC) i could hear the DJ at MGM and the crowd screaming.

be prepared for the long lines and alot of rides break down when your at the front :lol: .

go and visit the resorts they are so beautiful decorated and each resort has its own theme with the way its decorated!!

have fun.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

We went the 2nd week of Decmeber this past year -- it was great!! The Wilderness Lodge was ideal for staying somewhere with a real Christmas feel to it.

The crowds were average.

Upvote 0
We are planning on going Dec 13-20 at WL and from what I read on the boards its not too busy at that time. I think the people really start coming in a couple days before xmas..

Upvote 0

Nana birdie

Magical Gatherings

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I work the Magical Gatherings and all the families seem to really enjoy them.
The catering dept. puts out a very good meal. The entertainment is really geared to families being together.It is a fun time and of course having Goofy, Pluto or other characters there is a definite plus. The deserts and watching Illuminations with the extra special 3 minutes added on to the end of Illuminations makes it a very special evening. I go home happy because so many people thank me for the wonderful evening. I didn't do anything - it is all Disney but it is so nice to be thanked!!! The crowds are unreal Christmas week. If you can come the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas the crowds aren't so bad. The decorations are absolutely beautiful and don't miss Epcot's Candlelight Processional - it is wonderful. The storytellers in all the countries are great!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Jheyman said:
Thanks everyone, Has anyone done a magical gathering?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom