Visit to the World at XMAS

Jheyman

Hello All,
I was just wondering how soon those of you that have been have booked a visit for the week of xmas/newyears? Is now to early or should I wait a bit. My extended family and I are thinking about doing at least a few days down there for xmas as sort of a bonus vacation. Also, has anyone booked a magical gathering, is it worth it to book everyone together? I have at least 12 people going at most 18. If anyone has any feedback on any of this it would be greatly appericated. Thanks!!
Justin

swimmom

Jenngusto said:
IS it busy the week of Dec 14 to Dec 20?
In 2004 we were there from the 17th to the 23rd. Each day it got more crowded, but it was not unbearable. Last year we were there the 2nd week in December and the crowds were light compared to the week before Christmas.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Although we have been to WDW many times, 2 years ago we went during the Christmas season for the first time. And then again last year, now we are hooked.

There is no better time to visit than Christmas. Both times we were there up until Dec. 20th. I know everyone talks about how crowded it is but it was not as bad as I expected. Perhaps we left just in time.

I would start planning and booking as soon as you can because you have such a large group.

Have a wonderful time.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I agree with what others have said, in that any time prior to Dec. 23 seems to have smaller crowds. But about the 23rd the flood gates open and the crowds come spilling in. Crowded yes, on Dec. 25th, 2004 we were cheek to cheek in some areas of the MK due to parade routes, restaurants and show exits. But it was a fun kind of crazy and we can't wait to return.

Upvote 0

Debbie

cajunCinderella said:
We are planning on going Dec 13-20 at WL and from what I read on the boards its not too busy at that time. I think the people really start coming in a couple days before xmas..

Hi from down the road :wave:

My husband and I went this past Dec 14-18. The crowds were Ok and the wait times 5-15 minutes. I found the Saturday (17th) to be crowded, and Downtown Disney was unbearable. But on the bright side; on that Saturday, most Christmas merchandise went on sale for 30% off and I got to take an extra 10% with my annual pass, so I really took advantage of it. Needless to say, next time we have to evacuate for a hurricane; my Mickey cookie jar, Mickey garland, etc, might just have to come with us :)
If you want more info to plan; call Pam@KingdomKonsultant 1-866-566-7858 ....and I'm just a hop and a skip away if you need anything :)

Upvote 0
Debbie said:
Hi from down the road :wave:

My husband and I went this past Dec 14-18. The crowds were Ok and the wait times 5-15 minutes. I found the Saturday (17th) to be crowded, and Downtown Disney was unbearable. But on the bright side; on that Saturday, most Christmas merchandise went on sale for 30% off and I got to take an extra 10% with my annual pass, so I really took advantage of it. Needless to say, next time we have to evacuate for a hurricane; my Mickey cookie jar, Mickey garland, etc, might just have to come with us :)
If you want more info to plan; call Pam@KingdomKonsultant 1-866-566-7858 ....and I'm just a hop and a skip away if you need anything :)

Hi... it nice to see people from the area on here...

When we go in Dec we also will be visiting with my little sister shes a CM so on those busy days we might just avoid the parks. We were just there for Mardi Gras week and it was more crowded than I expected but still tollerable if it would be like that in Dec we would be okay. Wow a christmas sale + my sisters discount I might just do all my christmas shopping at WDW. Well now If I see a lady holding on tightly to Mickey cookie jar while stuck in a traffic jam of fleeing evacuees I will wave..lol..:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom