Visit In September / October

markymark

I am hoping to go over to WDW at the end of Sept or the beginning of Oct. and I am undecided on what to do. Should I book a package holiday, or wait until nearer the time and just get a cheap fly-drive. If I take the 2nd option, is it cheaper to just turn up at a Disney resort and get a room, or is it best to book in advance. If I do just turn up, are there any special deals that I can quote to get money off. I know it sounds like I am trying to do this on the cheap, but I am trying to squeeze this trip in before I go to Kenya later in the year. Plus cheap is chearful isn't it :) :D :) :D

Disneynut

We have booked the Discovery Magic package for Sept. 29 - Oct 7. Staying in a savannah view room at AKL. The cost with the Disney Club discount was $4200 for two people. Maybe we will see you there.

Upvote 0

jay_london

Our fav time is early Sept and now we always use a virgin package, service is always good, prices ok flights are good. They have their own dollar check in desk as well only took 5mins waiting time to be served last time. Plus if you haven't seen arabian nights yet they take you there for an evening out all down to them. Can't really find any down points about the company. If you want any more info fell free to post or email me.

happy days

jay

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
One problem of using Virgin or a tour operator is that you will pay rack rates for the rooms.

Example, AK Lodge rack rate is something like $350 for a Savannah room. You can get the same room from Disney CRO for $179 using a preview offer code. It almost always pays to book via Disney CRO where the discount rooms are available. The only problem then is that you have to organise things yourself, including the flights etc.. :)

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Central Reservations Office (CRO) handle all your resort and dining reservations. They are in Tampa I believe.

407-WDISNEY (407-934-7639).

CRO is the official Disney resort booking outfit.

There are loads of Resort Discount codes - if you go to www.mousesavers.com you will see them all!
Some codes require u to be a Florida resident, annual pass holder, go at certain times, new resorts (AK Ldoge) preview rates etc.

There is a whole artform to understanding the ways of CRo, but when you do - you can save BIG! :)

Upvote 0

Tramp

markymark:

We got the AKL, savannah view, for $179 plus 11% tax under a program called upsell/downsell....
sometimes the cast member booking your reservation calls it 'a manager's special'. This may be the same thing as Steve's CRO.

Don't know if these rates are available in Sept/Oct....we are going in august....but it's worth a try! :)

Cheap is very cheerful! :)

Good Luck...

:D

Upvote 0

scan_man

Steve
another thing about CRO is too if you have the Disney Club, going in September October you get about 20% off of the hotel stay in a package too.
I going to list out what I got for $1991.36 US
1 night Room Only at the All Star Movie Resort for 2
3 Night Delux package for 2 at the Carribian King Bed with Water View.
8 Day Car Rental
Pickup for 2 at the Airport.
Within the Delux Package I got what they have listed on the web page. but because of Disney Club Membership I also get $100 Disney Dollars to spend at the Parks for the Group.
I got 20% off the hotels. Think the Disney All Star Movie Resort was about $65 a night. and the Carribian Resort was about $115 a night.

Upvote 0

scan_man

I don't know if it's better, I know you get discounts outside of the Parks, and at the Disney stores.
but you can join online
http://www.disneyclub.com
I think the yearly rate is about $50 US.
Better than the Old Disney Gold Club Card, you don't have to have one for each person in the family, it says for the Entire house hold for the new club.

Upvote 0

Maria

I don´t care how you book it, just book it in advance!! heheh ;)
Remember that the beginning of Walt´s 100th birthday celebration is on ocotber1st, so expect hotels to be kinda full then.
Weather is perfect during that time! Have a great time!!! :D

Upvote 0

markymark

Original Poster
Trouble is that I won't know we are going for definite until about week before. I may have to bite the bullet and stay off site. I really want to go as we were in MK on 1st Oct 1996 for the 25th Birthday - a great day despite some rain!

Lets just hope we get there!

Upvote 0

esmeralda

I second the motion to check out mousesavers.com. I am also going the last weekend of September/1st of October. They have some fabulous rates that week!

Enjoy your planning, and enjoy your trip too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom