Visa vs. Traveller's cheques/checks

H20Babie

Coming from Canada, does anyone know if I can put U.S. travellers cheques onto my Key to the World (room) card? Or does it have to be a Visa? Just trying to figure out which would be more efficient. Thanks!

Gentil997

I just came back from WDW. Believe me, travellers cheques are absolutely not necessary.

Just use your Visa aupon check in and your key to the world will do the rest.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Room charge can be done with major credit card, debit card (with major credit card logo on it), travelers checks, cash or Disney Dollars. In other words, it doesn't have to be a credit card.

Upvote 0

goof29

You can put the TC on your reservation, but there's a limit ($200/day) for what resorts can cash. Using your Key to the World card is definitely the way to go.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Original Poster
Yea, I thought that the Visa would be the way to go, I just can't stand the exchange rate they give (a handling charge of 2.5% is added on). I was hoping I could just dump some TCs onto my Key (everything is already paid in full). I just hate cashing those things, especially for snacks or the odd pick-me-up. I think what I'll do is dump the Visa onto the room card, and take a minimal amount of TCs to exchange for snack cash. :brick: Darn that snack cash!

Upvote 0

goof29

You can put the TC on your reservation without cashing them....there is only a limit if you recieve cash back for them. That would solve your TC problem and help you avoid paying exchange fees on Visa.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom