Virtual Queue for Star Wars Land.

tissandtully

Yeah but my point is that nobody is likely to leave when this is their first time in Starwarsland and they paid a full ticket.
And if it gets to the point of a virtual queue that means the line for the Millenium Falcon ride and everything else will be super long so everyone is going to stay and not get bored with the Land.
I think that will be very few people who do that. Especially with 1 ride and most of the experiences requiring reservations from two weeks ago.

Magic Feather

Yeah but my point is that nobody is likely to leave when this is their first time in Starwarsland and they paid a full ticket.
And if it gets to the point of a virtual queue that means the line for the Millennium Falcon ride and everything else will be super long so everyone is going to stay and not get bored with the Land.
FWIW, Falcon's queue moves ridiculously fast. Without stretching into the temporary extended queue (but filling into the permanent extended queue), the line (including ride time, so in line to off ride) is roughly one hour. This ride will be many people's first exposure to they joys of FP-free ops.

tissandtully

FWIW, Falcon's queue moves ridiculously fast. Without stretching into the temporary extended queue (but filling into the permanent extended queue), the line (including ride time, so in line to off ride) is roughly one hour. This ride will be many people's first exposure to they joys of FP-free ops.
Is RotR rumored to be more of a people-eater than smugglers run?

James J

In the Parks
No
What condescension - LOL!.
If I have a reservation for a meal and do not show I will lose $10 a person. If I join a physical queue then I know how long the line is. I do not see why you can't know your position in the virtual queue so you can decide if it is worth staying in the queue. This is done for many Emergency rooms.

As @nickys said, you could just go earlier when you know you'll be able to walk in. Or maybe don't book FastPasses and reservations at other parks for the day you plan on going to HS, just in case?

ToTBellHop

I didn’t find it to move “ridiculously fast” but maybe they’re still working up to full capacity.

We waited 70 min to ride and the queue wasn’t quite full.

Does the long tunnel after the preshow move? It feels like it does.

tissandtully

Oh man. Since when? Last year I edited within 15-20 minutes or so. It's not common, but taking that flexibility away definitely doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
Well, back in the day people would hoard reservations and then decide which one they wanted to do. Making it impossible, more than now to get some places.

KrzyKtty

You don’t think that would apply to the 29th, though, do you?

Get to HS at 6 or 7am, I’m guessing it could be a several hour wait, no? People are supposedly lining up all night.

Here at CBR now, checkout is tomorrow, can’t extend it.

Hoping folks in line at 4am can give us the lay of the land before I stress myself out and then don’t get in lol, vs. relax and go to F&W. (Likely won’t be back soon.) argh.
No I doubt it will work quite so well on that day; however, several posts have mentioned dates months from now and still seem overly concerned. My comment choice more geared towards those that are not trying to compete within the 1st week or 2. However it come up crowns were not nearly as fat as expected at Disneyland. So it's kind of a wait and see situation.

wdwtopten

How did it work for Avatar Land? I never went when access was being controlled for that land.... I’m guessing Star Wars will be about the same.

The World of Avatar didn't have a virtual queue. Anyone could walk in whenever they wanted. And the stand-by lines for the rides were looooong.

I think by april you Might need it because Rise

Rise opens in December for WDW. By April it may be that the virtual queue isn't needed.

nickys

Premium Member
What did you do there for that long, doesn't seem like there is anything but shopping and drinking, with one ride

I haven’t been yet, still have a year to wait (sigh), but I anticipate spending an hour or two simply exploring, looking at the models, the theming, the details of the inscriptions and stuff on the rocks, watching the storm troopers interacting with guests. Then another couple of hours looking around the marketplace, the shops (especially if you can see either of the workshops). Reservations at both workshops and Oga’s. And of course the rides. Plus I would have hoped to have a TS reservation, but that seems dicey unless they start that PDQ.

And I suspect we’ll do at least two visits, maybe three, over 2 weeks. DH is a huge fan, I’m more of a casual fan of the original trilogy.

Dave B

We are planning on going two or three times as well, we have a droid reservation and oga's cantina, but can't imagine spending more than a couple hours there, unless I am in line for the ride and it sounds like the line is not too bad, especially in the afternoons, we will see in 16 days :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We are planning on going two or three times as well, we have a droid reservation and oga's cantina, but can't imagine spending more than a couple hours there, unless I am in line for the ride and it sounds like the line is not too bad, especially in the afternoons, we will see in 16 days :)

I'm really hoping the line is less than 2 hours. I'm bringing my kid's tablet just in case the line is doable.

ToTBellHop

What did you do there for that long, doesn't seem like there is anything but shopping and drinking, with one ride
We easily spent 5 hrs with two 6-year olds in tow.

We went to Oga’s, which takes about an hour
Road MFSR twice—about 2 hours
Explored the land and took photos 30 min
Shops, kettle corn 45 min
Docking Bay 7 for lunch 45 min

It really wasn’t that hard. If you don’t like shopping and drinking at all, World Showcase must be fun...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom