Virtual Queue for Star Wars Land.

crawale

Original Poster
Just some information about this from a cast member this morning. You will not know your two hours window for visiting the new Land until it starts thus precluding Park Hopping. For example you arrive at H.S. and apply to get a window to visit Start Wars Land. Until the window starts you won't know when it is so if you had a dining reservation at another Park you would have to wait at H.S. in case you get a window maybe missing you reservation and losing the deposit or stay in H.S. all day in case you get a reservation to visit. Again you will not know where you are in the virtual queue so you could arrange plans. No account of any Fast Passes you have will be taken so you could have a plan to visit H.S. in the am with plans to visit A.K in the pm including passes for say F.O.P. Unless you are in H.S. you will not get a window and you will not know when and if you get a window so if you choose to stay you lose the F.O.P passes.
As usual with Disney they do not care how inconvenient this would be to visitors who have planned ahead. Why don't they simply make this a Fast Pass?

voodoo321

I'm sure you could call the restaurant and explain the situation and not get charged for the ADR no-show
Ha Ha. I was in line to check in for my reservation at Oga's in DL before my time. After being in that line for awhile I walked up to the hostess stand to make sure I was in the right line and got snapped at. I went back and waited some more but finally went up and told her to cross me off the list. This was after my reservation time.

I then come home to discover a $30 charge on my card. It didn't cost them a seating especially since it was obviously overbooked AND there was a stand-by line to get in. I wrote to customer service and got a "sorry bout your luck" and no refund. I even disputed the charge with my card company and Disney fought it. End result is that I have to pay $30. Heck, I likely wouldn't have even spent that much in there. Oh well, technically I did break the rules but I think it was a bit harsh and it doesn't feel right to me.

I know this is anectdotal and from TDA but I wouldn't just expect them to be so leniant with ADR's.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ha Ha. I was in line to check in for my reservation at Oga's in DL before my time. After being in that line for awhile I walked up to the hostess stand to make sure I was in the right line and got snapped at. I went back and waited some more but finally went up and told her to cross me off the list. This was after my reservation time.

I then come home to discover a $30 charge on my card. It didn't cost them a seating especially since it was obviously overbooked AND there was a stand-by line to get in. I wrote to customer service and got a "sorry bout your luck" and no refund. I even disputed the charge with my card company and Disney fought it. End result is that I have to pay $30. Heck, I likely wouldn't have even spent that much in there. Oh well, technically I did break the rules but I think it was a bit harsh and it doesn't feel right to me.

I know this is anectdotal and from TDA but I wouldn't just expect them to be so leniant with ADR's.

I didn't mean after the fact. I meant at that moment. For example, you have an ADR for Mama Melroe's at 4:30. You find out you have entry to SWGE starting at 4, so you'll definitely not make it. You then call MM to tell them what's going on, and they remove your reservation so you don't get charged.

Conversely if it's early enough you can hit up the app and move the reservation out a few weeks and then cancel it from there without penalty, but I think that has to be earlier than just an hour or two.

tissandtully

I didn't mean after the fact. I meant at that moment. For example, you have an ADR for Mama Melroe's at 4:30. You find out you have entry to SWGE starting at 4, so you'll definitely not make it. You then call MM to tell them what's going on, and they remove your reservation so you don't get charged.

Conversely if it's early enough you can hit up the app and move the reservation out a few weeks and then cancel it from there without penalty, but I think that has to be earlier than just an hour or two.
Definitely can't edit it within a few hours of your res, which I think is a good thing.

KrzyKtty

Just some information about this from a cast member this morning. You will not know your two hours window for visiting the new Land until it starts thus precluding Park Hopping. For example you arrive at H.S. and apply to get a window to visit Start Wars Land. Until the window starts you won't know when it is so if you had a dining reservation at another Park you would have to wait at H.S. in case you get a window maybe missing you reservation and losing the deposit or stay in H.S. all day in case you get a reservation to visit. Again you will not know where you are in the virtual queue so you could arrange plans. No account of any Fast Passes you have will be taken so you could have a plan to visit H.S. in the am with plans to visit A.K in the pm including passes for say F.O.P. Unless you are in H.S. you will not get a window and you will not know when and if you get a window so if you choose to stay you lose the F.O.P passes.
As usual with Disney they do not care how inconvenient this would be to visitors who have planned ahead. Why don't they simply make this a Fast Pass?
If it is working similar to the DL system, they are not able to tell you your boarding window ahead of time because boarding groups are assigned as the area empties out. Without out right kicking people out of that area, they have no way to know how long it might take for your boarding group to be able to enter. At DL, people are not kicked out of the area, they are just not allowed on the rides and mean attractions after their boarding window ends.

mikenatcity1

Are you saying that we aren't guaranteed entrance into the land even with reservations?

TrainsOfDisney

How did it work for Avatar Land? I never went when access was being controlled for that land.... I’m guessing Star Wars will be about the same.

KrzyKtty

i booked 4 days in december for SWGE and im already stressing out aboot having to wait 9 hours on line
I wouldn't stress about it too much. While I do expect Galaxy's Edge to be more crowded then the California based experience, out in California crowding has not really been a problem yet. So it is very possible that crowds are not going to be as big of a problem as some believe. Are you going before or after Rise of the Resistance opensR

bubbles1812

Did I miss the announcement about the virtual queue somewhere? What happens if you don't get a window but have reservations say at the droid depo or Oga's? Confuzzled...

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Did I miss the announcement about the virtual queue somewhere? What happens if you don't get a window but have reservations say at the droid depo or Oga's? Confuzzled...

They started distributing flyers about it in the resorts yesterday. Also, the flyers are completely vague about the reservations and their relation to the windows. No answers.

crawale

Original Poster
Are you saying that we aren't guaranteed entrance into the land even with reservations?
Exactly. You may or may not get into the land. You will not know if you can get in until the time of a 2 hour window starts so if you have fast passes at another park - tough luck.

crawale

Original Poster
It was on wdwMagic this morning. So even if you are staying at a Disney hotel and go to the EMH you can only apply for a reservation when you enter HS. Again you will not know if you get a reservation until the time starts. They could at least let you know where you are in the virtual queue - i.e #3 or #3000.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Exactly. You may or may not get into the land. You will not know if you can get in until the time of a 2 hour window starts so if you have fast passes at another park - tough luck.

I think you're using "reservation" in an opposite manner here. They're asking if you have a reservation at Oga's or Droid Depot, if you'll still get into the park. The information we've seen so far is yes, that will grant you entry. But the flyers that went out about the virtual queue are vague and don't mention it.

I could be wrong but I don't believe their comment was about "reserved" time in the land via the queue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom