Virtual Journey Into Imagination

mkbrister

Original Poster
I've been working on a project for a few months now and thought it was ready enough to start sharing with others. I'm rebuilding the original Journey Into Imagination ride and pavilion as a Sketchup Model and interactive web simulation. It's still a work in progress but if you miss the original like I do, you might want to check it out:

Journey Back Into Imagination

I'm also always looking for new research resources to help me make it as accurate as possible. Anything will help.

Captain Chaos

Awesome job... I may have to send some friends to the site... Maybe even encourage others from other sites to check it out, if you don't mind obviously...

mkbrister

Original Poster
Thanks! And absolutely spread the word, if you wish. Thanks for that. While it is certainly far from finished, I do feel like it is finally ready to be shared. :)

Jasonflz

Just checked this out along with Horizons: Resurrected. Amazing work!

It would be great to see a whole virtual epcot.

Shai

This is great... my favorite thing is when you come in the buildingyou can hear the music... thats amazing thats exactly how i remember that...

NowInc

Great job :) Just found this today and saw that you posted about it on this forum! I'm a 3D animator by trade so if you need any help, let me know :D

mkbrister

Original Poster
Thanks! The animation portions of this will be new territory for me so I just may have to take you up on that. :)

NowInc

Hmm...looks like it can..sorta. I personally use Maya (or if i have to studio max..eww). I see youre using unity as well..i am more used to UDK but I think i could get the handle on unity if i gave it a shot :)

mkbrister

Original Poster
The reality is that all of this is new to me. I've been learning the software I've needed as I go. I've been building the models in Sketchup and then doing all of the interactivity in Unity. The choice of programs was based entirely on their prices... you know, free. My loose plan was to eventually build the animation elements using Blender but I haven't done more than download it and read the brochure.

Having said all that, I'm certainly open to any suggestions that won't cost me much. :) If you are interested in building parts of this that I can import into the main game, I would certainly be happy to have the help. The animatronics are definitely going to be the hardest part for me. The 2nd hardest part will be all the organic shapes in the Arts Scene. Any help would be great (even if it isn't with those 2 parts).

By the way, are you Bob Z who I'm chatting with on Facebook? Just curious if I'm talking to one potential helper or two.

Thanks!!!

NowInc

Also I should mention that UDK is also free (the game engine Im good with). Its a bit more complex than unity, but WAY more powerful (in fact its used on pretty much 90% of the current gen games). But I can see why youd go with unity, seeing how there is far more documentation on it as well as available help. I will fiddle with it a bit this weekend and see what type of models it can import etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom