VIP Rooms/areas

raven

I have been to this one when I was training for Epcot. It is directly behind SSE on the second floor, above the unload area. It wasn't too fancy, just a nice place to relax and have some snacks(cookies) and free soda. Then you COULD go to the unload and hope on SSE. It was accessed by a door on the Camera Center side just behind SSE as you start up the slight incline of the ground. It was a non-descript door that said something like Cast Members Only or Private. I do believe there was an elevator that led to the unload area/technology center at the exit of SSE , but I think it was very much hidden in plain sight from guests(in a dark corner)

There is another entrance to the ride from the VIP lounge at the unload platform. As you are just about to unload, notice a gate in the railing to your right. There is a carpeted walkway between the railing and the windows looking out into the postshow area. This walkway leads to an emergency exit but also a door leading up some steps to the VIP area.

Fordlover

There are tons of lounges hidden throughout the parks. A pretty complete list: (as far as I'm aware)

Base 21 (Siemens) - Spaceship Earth - In use
Seas VIP Lounge (United Technologies) - Event Space
The Land VIP Lounge (Kraft/Nestle) - Now a backstage area.
Imagination VIP Lounge (Kodak) - Now offices.
Test Track VIP Lounge (GM/Chevrolet) - In use
Red Planet Room (HP) - Mission: SPACE - In use (Though ,a much, much larger VIP lounge was designed and partially built for Compaq, the intended original sponsor for the ride. The unfinished building is visible from the Mission: SPACE extended queue. It's the large square building with mirrored windows)
Wonders of Life VIP Lounge (MetLife) - Event Space/Backstage area (portions of it are used as a computer-based training center for new Cast Members)
Norway VIP Lounge - Event Space
American Adventure VIP Lounge (American Express/Coca-Cola) - Event Space

Hollywood Hideaway - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Never a corporate lounge (to my knowledge), used for VIP's and Event Space

DINOSAUR VIP Lounge (McDonald's) - Backstage area (though it *might* be used for events, I'm not sure)

AAA VIP Lounge - Near Carousel of Progress - Backstage area

I've probably missed some. Also, there is the Wish Lounge in the Magic Kingdom for exclusive use by families visiting WDW on trips sponsored by wish-granting agencies (Make-a-Wish, etc.).

Ellen's Energy Adventure has a VIP area, accessed from the Right side, exterior of the building. This was for use by Exxon employees. I remember a waiting area and a soda fountain, but that's about it. Who know's what it's been used for since 2005.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I had scheduled a dinner a Fantasmic once and due to the rain they moved the dinner inside to the Hideaway. It was nice and private, but you could not see anything other than the small garden out front of it. Two years later we where able to have the same dinner in the VIP Patio above Fantasmic and it was the best thing I have ever done at Walt Disney World. We have also rented the island between France and England in Epcot to watch Illuminations. This was also a unforgettable experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What's this about? I saw the name tag :)

SSEs was originally in the southern third of EarthStation with the windows looking over the fountain plaza. Not above unload. It was behind the original rear projection screens so couldn't take up the whole upper floor. Access was from a staircase behind the VIP tour desk (the cylinder on the west side of Project tomorrows exterior ) with an upstairs corridor and stair access to the unload area. It's pretty much like that still.

Space Mountains RCA lounge was in the satellite building (entrance building inside the berm) - you can still see the patio area facing the old skyway area.

CoP was wrapped around the South west edge of the building adjacent to the theatre. The gate entrance is between it and the Buzz meet n greet car park concealer.

Speedways was upstairs for Goodyear, above the grandstand behind the black glass.

HRHPrincessAriel

I had scheduled a dinner a Fantasmic once and due to the rain they moved the dinner inside to the Hideaway. It was nice and private, but you could not see anything other than the small garden out front of it. Two years later we where able to have the same dinner in the VIP Patio above Fantasmic and it was the best thing I have ever done at Walt Disney World. We have also rented the island between France and England in Epcot to watch Illuminations. This was also a unforgettable experience.
I set the Fantasmic dinner and that same Epcot location for a dessert party when I take my dance team. I.love.it.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
What's this about? I saw the name tag :)

SSEs was originally in the southern third of EarthStation with the windows looking over the fountain plaza. Not above unload. It was behind the original rear projection screens so couldn't take up the whole upper floor. Access was from a staircase behind the VIP tour desk (the cylinder on the west side of Project tomorrows exterior ) with an upstairs corridor and stair access to the unload area. It's pretty much like that still.

Space Mountains RCA lounge was in the satellite building (entrance building inside the berm) - you can still see the patio area facing the old skyway area.

CoP was wrapped around the South west edge of the building adjacent to the theatre. The gate entrance is between it and the Buzz meet n greet car park concealer.

Speedways was upstairs for Goodyear, above the grandstand behind the black glass.
Can the Cop one and speedway one still be seen today?

TB4244

IMG_2479.JPG

Heres a view from the Living Seas VIP room, you can visit it on the Undiscovered Futureworld tour. It is very, very nice in there. Even the bathrooms are cosy. If you peer through the glass you can see the public viewing area inside the tank. Oh the tour also took in the HP suite at Mission:Space which is a lot smaller than the LS's one but it does look out over the queue area which is pretty cool.

heychadwick

I'm a member of AAA and I've got a Disney Visa card. How do I find out about these lounges? Does this mean I'll get to go in them? Any way to find out more info?

PhilharMagician

I'm a member of AAA and I've got a Disney Visa card. How do I find out about these lounges? Does this mean I'll get to go in them? Any way to find out more info?

No. I thought the AAA one was now closed. My understanding is that you could not get in being a member, but had to book you WDW vacation through AAA to access the lounge or use their AAA diamond parking.

Disney Visa does not have a lounge for its card holders that I am aware of. In Innoventions West there is a Disney Visa Card holders (only) meet and greet. It is marked clearly with a sign and you get in line and a CM will ask to see your Disney Visa card to allow you to access it.

PhilharMagician

Thanks! I appreciate it.

A meet and greet? What's there? Is it worth doing?

Character can vary, but typically Goofy, Pluto maybe Mickey. I have seen as many as 3 characters there at one time and usually from the Fab 5. I cannot find pics right now, but ask and someone can probably post some from there. It's cool and free, but nothing super special. I guess it is a must do at least once.

I have to wonder if they use this venue to train new CM's.

MattC

Character can vary, but typically Goofy, Pluto maybe Mickey. I have seen as many as 3 characters there at one time and usually from the Fab 5. I cannot find pics right now, but ask and someone can probably post some from there. It's cool and free, but nothing super special. I guess it is a must do at least once.

I have to wonder if they use this venue to train new CM's.

We did this during the last F&W. To our surprise the characters were Mickey, Minnie and Goofy! Being free we were not expecting much, but it turned out great! We do not do meet and greats so I have no frame of reference, but these CMs seemed pretty good to me.

Captain Hank

Ah! I'd wondered if the grandstand building served some sort of purpose. I never knew it was a lounge. The RCA lounge is mainly used as an Entertainment break room nowadays. The AAA lounge is primarily used as a Cast Member training location, with some space used by Entertainment as well. I've been in both of those fairly recently for one reason or another. No idea if the Speedway/Goodyear lounge is used for anything in particular or what shape it's in.

KordovaJD

I worked for GM corporate years ago and was able to enter the Test Track VIP center in 2005. There was literally nothing there and we left in 5 minutes.

Figmentation

I worked for GM corporate years ago and was able to enter the Test Track VIP center in 2005. There was literally nothing there and we left in 5 minutes.

Yeah I never did clean up that area so I never knew what it looked like.

Mission Space VIP was pretty awesome though.
Spaceship Earth... was kinda run down, but at the time they didn't have a sponsor or was transitioning over to a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom