VIP Rooms/areas

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I heard that there is a VIP room at Spaceship Earth called base 21. I heard that there was another one but i dont remember where it was. If you know of any VIP areas in the parks could you post about it and add pictures of them if you have pictures.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I aslo know that Dark Side of Disney on Youtube went into the land VIP center which isnt allowed for guests. I like to watch the dark side of disney because it reveals secret areas. I would attempt it if itsnt illegal.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I heard that there is a VIP room at Spaceship Earth called base 21. I heard that there was another one but i dont remember where it was. If you know of any VIP areas in the parks could you post about it and add pictures of them if you have pictures.

Most of the pavilions throughout Epcot (Future World and World Showcase) have 'private' rooms or lounges that were installed for the sponsors of the pavilion to host customers, or in some cases for their employees to have a resting place in the parks. Many are not used for that original purpose any more but can be rented for private parties and dinners. I've been to a few of them over the years. I don't know the specific details of all of them but a few are:

- The Land- This lounge is up above the Garden Grill restaurant (the revolving one) in The Land and at one time was used as an Annual Passholder lounge. When it was open you took the elevator that is used for wheelchair or ECV guests and went up a floor to the lounge where they had a place to sit and relax, they had cookies and soft drinks and an area with Disney movies playing for kids. It didn't last all that long.

- The Seas- There is a private lounge that overlooks the large tank. It's accessed by a door to the left of the entrance to the Coral Reef Restaurant. it's up on the upper level and looks out over the tank. I've been to a number of corporate dinners held in there over the years; it's actually very nice.

- Test Track- There is a lounge up above the entrance area that has historically been accessible to GM employees/retirees. I've never been in there but have family members who have. It includes a separate elevator that comes right down to the unload side of the boarding area and it used to allow visitors to bypass the line for access to the attraction. I don't know if that option is still available following the renovation. In the first generation of the attraction you could actually see it up at the top of the wall when you where heading through the non-ABS braking test after coming down the blocks hill.

There are lots of others throughout the park but these are a few examples.

sweetpee_1993

The lounge for SSE, I believe, is on the back side of the sphere that faces the fountain. Not sure how its accessed, perhaps from one of the sides.

longsaber

There's one at Mission: Space for HP employees. Also, if I remember correctly there used to be one in Innoventions that was accessed by Disney Visa Card holders.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
Does anyone have any pictures of them? I heard that there was a AAA vip center in tomorrowland but I don't know where. Anyone know about that one?

disneyeater

Have some pictures of the old Test Track Lounge (pre-renovation):

232323232%7Ffp635%3B%3A%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B9658%3B%3A%3B348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3A5%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869263348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54395%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869264348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3A%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869265348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54372%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869266348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C2%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869269348nu0mrj

MickeyNola

I remember back in the early 90's there was a lounge in Norway on the 2nd floor above the ride. We were in Disney on a school trip and we had dinner up there. I don't really remember much about it, the room was pretty nondescript. It had kind of a "back of house" feel to it, like it could have been in a Marriott in Cleveland but was actually in the middle of the World Showcase. Weird.

Captain Hank

There are tons of lounges hidden throughout the parks. A pretty complete list: (as far as I'm aware)

Base 21 (Siemens) - Spaceship Earth - In use
Seas VIP Lounge (United Technologies) - Event Space
The Land VIP Lounge (Kraft/Nestle) - Now a backstage area.
Imagination VIP Lounge (Kodak) - Now offices.
Test Track VIP Lounge (GM/Chevrolet) - In use
Red Planet Room (HP) - Mission: SPACE - In use (Though ,a much, much larger VIP lounge was designed and partially built for Compaq, the intended original sponsor for the ride. The unfinished building is visible from the Mission: SPACE extended queue. It's the large square building with mirrored windows)
Wonders of Life VIP Lounge (MetLife) - Event Space/Backstage area (portions of it are used as a computer-based training center for new Cast Members)
Norway VIP Lounge - Event Space
American Adventure VIP Lounge (American Express/Coca-Cola) - Event Space

Hollywood Hideaway - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Never a corporate lounge (to my knowledge), used for VIP's and Event Space

DINOSAUR VIP Lounge (McDonald's) - Backstage area (though it *might* be used for events, I'm not sure)

AAA VIP Lounge - Near Carousel of Progress - Backstage area

I've probably missed some. Also, there is the Wish Lounge in the Magic Kingdom for exclusive use by families visiting WDW on trips sponsored by wish-granting agencies (Make-a-Wish, etc.).

BoarderPhreak

...I've probably missed some. Also, there is the Wish Lounge in the Magic Kingdom for exclusive use by families visiting WDW on trips sponsored by wish-granting agencies (Make-a-Wish, etc.).
I saw the door to this one; it's located in the First Aid foyer, yes? Kind of a large wood/glass door that's locked.

Figmentation

I worked as Custodial for Epcot more than a few years ago. I've personally been in two of the VIP lounges to clean them.

Spaceship Earth. (Was rather boring actually.)
And
Mission Space.

I was in the Mission Space one the most, since it was considered part of the massive cleaning of the exit queue at the resort. Now THAT VIP lounge was pretty cool, had huge bean bags, soda fountains, fridge, and the windows overlooked the main queue.

Sadly no pictures though....

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
There are tons of lounges hidden throughout the parks. A pretty complete list: (as far as I'm aware)

Base 21 (Siemens) - Spaceship Earth - In use
Seas VIP Lounge (United Technologies) - Event Space
The Land VIP Lounge (Kraft/Nestle) - Now a backstage area.
Imagination VIP Lounge (Kodak) - Now offices.
Test Track VIP Lounge (GM/Chevrolet) - In use
Red Planet Room (HP) - Mission: SPACE - In use (Though ,a much, much larger VIP lounge was designed and partially built for Compaq, the intended original sponsor for the ride. The unfinished building is visible from the Mission: SPACE extended queue. It's the large square building with mirrored windows)
Wonders of Life VIP Lounge (MetLife) - Event Space/Backstage area (portions of it are used as a computer-based training center for new Cast Members)
Norway VIP Lounge - Event Space
American Adventure VIP Lounge (American Express/Coca-Cola) - Event Space

Hollywood Hideaway - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Never a corporate lounge (to my knowledge), used for VIP's and Event Space

DINOSAUR VIP Lounge (McDonald's) - Backstage area (though it *might* be used for events, I'm not sure)

AAA VIP Lounge - Near Carousel of Progress - Backstage area

I've probably missed some. Also, there is the Wish Lounge in the Magic Kingdom for exclusive use by families visiting WDW on trips sponsored by wish-granting agencies (Make-a-Wish, etc.).
You mentioned McDonald's was the name on the dinosaur lounge. Is this still true because McDonald's and disney I think lost partnership.

DisneyJoe

I remember back in the early 90's there was a lounge in Norway on the 2nd floor above the ride.

It's still there. My team had a dessert party in Italy in August, but it started to rain, so they moved us to this room in Norway. Luckily the rain stopped a few minutes before Illuminations and they took us to a roped off viewing area at the waters edge in Norway - great view!

graphite1326

There used to be one in Tomorrowland just for AAA members. I was there once and was kind of bored. There was really nothing to do but sit have a free drink and watch TV. Disney movie of course.

bonbontravels

Have some pictures of the old Test Track Lounge (pre-renovation):

232323232%7Ffp635%3B%3A%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B9658%3B%3A%3B348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3A5%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869263348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54395%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869264348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3A%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869265348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54372%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869266348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3C2%3Enu%3D7%3B75%3E6%3C4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3645869269348nu0mrj
I actually met someone I knew while at Disney and learned that her grandpa was a GM retiree; She took us into the lounge and we had:
-pretty view of spaceship earth
-free soda
-were able to customize our test track car
-test track fast passes
I have a single picture from the occasion. I can post it later; won't load.

yensid67

The lounge for SSE, I believe, is on the back side of the sphere that faces the fountain. Not sure how its accessed, perhaps from one of the sides.

I have been to this one when I was training for Epcot. It is directly behind SSE on the second floor, above the unload area. It wasn't too fancy, just a nice place to relax and have some snacks(cookies) and free soda. Then you COULD go to the unload and hope on SSE. It was accessed by a door on the Camera Center side just behind SSE as you start up the slight incline of the ground. It was a non-descript door that said something like Cast Members Only or Private. I do believe there was an elevator that led to the unload area/technology center at the exit of SSE , but I think it was very much hidden in plain sight from guests(in a dark corner)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom