Vintage Attraction Posters?

Main Street USA

my p-o-d poster is fine..... the quality is nice. lets be honest, it isnt superior printing from a plate, but you get what you pay for.

are the ones on ebay listed for $49 + shipping a different kind of quality or just markup by the seller?
Yeah, but they sold the real thing for $30 before. So, in my opinion, it's a bit of a rip-off. It's still ink jet printing. I don't care what kind of paper it is.

Chux

I like the larger posters. I have a Haunted Mansion and Tomorrowland (Both WDW) hanging up in my room, framed.

I really want Pirates, and Space Mountain.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I never liked the sizes they sold at WDW.
I pretty much stick to the really big ones (like 3x5 ft or so) that were originally under the train station. Well...I got a couple smaller ones (11x18 in) or so...but mostly I just look for the big ones.
yeh, luckily i make frame myself for all of my "custom" finds that i like to get framed. blueprints are the worst to decide on a frame size for. im starting the one for the HM tonight.

Yeah, but they sold the real thing for $30 before. So, in my opinion, it's a bit of a rip-off. It's still ink jet printing. I don't care what kind of paper it is.
wish i would have gotten one then. speaking of paper, ive gotten one from The Sound of Magic before and the pearl paper is nice.

WDWFanatic

I have three of the old ones they used to sell in the tubes in my office from WDW. pirates, big thunder mountain and the monorail. I have 5 of the inkjet ones they sell at art of disney at home in my hallway. I only custom framed two of them cause its so expensive. The rest i cut down to fit regular frames.

Icekid84

Meh... I can live with it :lookaroun

I was thinking when I opened my poster that "Man, this is in rediculously good shape to be about 25 years old." The paper is obviously newer than that, and the colors are wayyyy too vibrant. Plus there's no copyright on the poster, and we all know that the Mouse's lawyers would NEVER let that slip. But still, it's a good quality print that, albeit a forgery, looks darn good. I bought it for the design, not the age, so I can live with it. If he'd just ditch on the sniping, we'd be OK. (Got mine with a second chance offering immediately after the auction ended. How conveeeeenient. :rolleyes: )

Maybe he can forge up one of those Canada ones? :lookaroun :D

Well I hate to dig this topic up but it seemed a reasonable reason too. Concerning the "Forgery Pre-Opening Epcot Center Posters". Ebay can be confusing and there are a lot of people trying to rip others off. There are legitimate ways to sell copys of things.. take for example the people selling the book " Walt Disney World Master Plan " he underlines that it is a professionally bound copy. However in the case of the Epcot Posters and the seller Grathmore, he I feel is not being honest.
I'm not sure if this is who brkgnew bought his poster from but in any case there is something fishy about the posters from epcot he sells. First off if you only want them for there "aesthtic beauty and not there age" then thats fine but someone should not be led to believe they are buying something of age when its not. The Seller as I posted before only sells poster so thats one clue something is up.. The second thing is that before he didnt have the claim of it having a Copyright "Disney Productions on the corner" but this time its made very clear. Also I really can not be for sure but SirNim sounded positive that his posters said " Indeed, on my original, in the lower left corner it reads © 1981 Walt Disney Productions. " Well he claims his posters say "1981 Disney Productions. Anyhow I hope that enough people read this warning.. I just dont see someone back in 1981 grabbing up posters right and left and selling them for as little as 20 dollars.

Also I'm not repeating myself from my first topic in this thread... I noticed that he put another poster up and now its claiming a copyright on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPCOT-DISNEY-PR...193QQihZ017QQcategoryZ144QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DisneyMusician2

I've printed several by finding a high-res image online, and then using an independent printing company on the internet. They come out very high quality and I'd recommend the process, as it is also relatively inexpensive without paying the Disney markup

DicksonGR

I found a nice little set of attraction posters in the contemporary gift shop in December. They're not full size (the packaging says they fit in a 12x18 frame) but included are WDW Railroad, Small World, Space Mountain, Sunshine Tree Terrace, Tropical Serenade, Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates, Monorail System, 20000 Leagues, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Snow White's Adventures. All in the one package for $19.95. One of the best finds of the latest visit. I couldn't find them anywhere else either, so don't know if they've been out for ages and have ran out, or if it's limited print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom