Vintage Attraction Posters?

SirNim

Yes, that's right, Icekid.

Suffice it to say, the guy's a thief. I'm glad you did some independent research to verify my claims. :)

Main Street USA

as always, thanks martin......

i really wish i had that poster ^... that would go nicely framed next to the Haunted Mansion poster. :D

EDIT: the posters on ebay are frightfully expensive. if you are going down anytime soon, just wait and go to the gallery store in DTD and they are $37. if you arent going down then i guess you could pay the $49 plus shipping for most
The $37 is for print on demand. It's not worth it.

mrtoad

I almost bought some on our last trip and glad I didn't. I am kicking myself for not getting all the originals when they selling them. I have the Monorial and HM but really wanted 20,000 Leagues and the WDW Railroad poster.

Live and learn, buy it when you see it.

Madison

I bought four pieces of concept art from Disneyland's Print-on-Demand system in May. I had read concerns about the quality the system produces before visiting, so I talked with the Cast Member about that and she assured me that, except for the obviously original pieces hanging in the gallery, most of what you see in the Disney Gallery came straight from the print on demand system. I am by no means an art historian, but the quality seems fine to me -- printed on art paper -- and I'm happy to have the art. I have some of the attraction posters sold in Walt Disney World before the print on demand system came around as well, but they're 2500 miles away, so I can't compare the quality. It was really nice to be able to get some art, though, instead of just the posters.

Tim G

Attachments

• poster--od04.jpg
    poster--od04.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
  • poster--od05.jpg
    poster--od05.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 49
  • poster--od07.jpg
    poster--od07.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 59
  • poster--od08.jpg
    poster--od08.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 53

brkgnews

... I do believe that you are referring to the forgery ...

Meh... I can live with it :lookaroun

I was thinking when I opened my poster that "Man, this is in rediculously good shape to be about 25 years old." The paper is obviously newer than that, and the colors are wayyyy too vibrant. Plus there's no copyright on the poster, and we all know that the Mouse's lawyers would NEVER let that slip. But still, it's a good quality print that, albeit a forgery, looks darn good. I bought it for the design, not the age, so I can live with it. If he'd just ditch on the sniping, we'd be OK. (Got mine with a second chance offering immediately after the auction ended. How conveeeeenient. :rolleyes: )

Maybe he can forge up one of those Canada ones? :lookaroun :D

Main Street USA

I collect way too much of everything... :D :D :D

Right there with ya on that one. I just moved into a new house last November, and one of the bedrooms is still covered in a gigantic pile of Disney collectibles and artwork. I need to get on organizing it. It should only take me about 6 months or so. :lookaroun

SirNim

Plus there's no copyright on the poster, and we all know that the Mouse's lawyers would NEVER let that slip.
Indeed, on my original, in the lower left corner it reads © 1981 Walt Disney Productions.

Enlightenment never hurts, though. :D As national apparel retailer Syms exclaims, "An educated consumer is our best customer!"

If that's any solace... :lol: :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
my p-o-d poster is fine..... the quality is nice. lets be honest, it isnt superior printing from a plate, but you get what you pay for.

are the ones on ebay listed for $49 + shipping a different kind of quality or just markup by the seller?

animay

...but you get what you pay for.

That's my biggest issue with it. I don't feel you're getting what you pay for. The old posters cost less, were larger, and were of higher quality. Since they're printing them right there in the store, I can't imagine it costs them anywhere near the $37 price tag to make one. I'd bet there's a lot of profit in that price.

I'm betting those $50 Ebay ones are just markup on the print on demand pieces. I have occasionally seen the old versions on there and they usually go for much higher.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Gorgeous...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That's my biggest issue with it. I don't feel you're getting what you pay for. The old posters cost less, were larger, and were of higher quality. Since they're printing them right there in the store, I can't imagine it costs them anywhere near the $37 price tag to make one. I'd bet there's a lot of profit in that price.

I'm betting those $50 Ebay ones are just markup on the print on demand pieces. I have occasionally seen the old versions on there and they usually go for much higher.
yeh, i can see a huge margin of profit on the posters..... but we are talking WDW and the $45 dollar plushy stuffed animal probably cost $3 to make. it is all how bad you want it. i didnt see any problem with paying that once for a poster we really wanted for the office. 27 x 36 is a pretty good size. unfortunately, it does have a bit larger white border. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
I never liked the sizes they sold at WDW.
I pretty much stick to the really big ones (like 3x5 ft or so) that were originally under the train station. Well...I got a couple smaller ones (11x18 in) or so...but mostly I just look for the big ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom