Vintage Attraction Posters?

Tomorrow'sChild

Original Poster
Anyone know a site selling Magic Kingdom attraction posters, specifically Carousel of Progress or Tomorrowland. And Epcot attractions too. I looked on E-bay, phil-sears.com, and mainstreetmegastore.com but didn't find anything. Everything I find is a Disneyland attraction poster. I found a Tomorrowland poster on E-bay, but it's the newer Tomorrowland. I'm looking for the original.

I went to Disneyland yesterday and they have a kiosk at the World of Disney where you can browse through all these vintage attraction posters and they have pretty much every ride except for the Carousel of Progress.

Lee

Adventurer
To my knowledge Epcot didn't have attraction posters...except maybe SSE...but I could be wrong. I sure can't picture them.

Same for Carousel and the old Tomorrowland. I can't remember them at all. Got any photos of them?

maelstrom

I think the only Epcot attraction that had a poster was SSE and it was only displayed right in front of the ride. That disappeared not too long ago.

WDW has print-on-demand posters but to my knowledge there is no CoP poster. They do, however, have the Wedway (which I just bought in June but has yet to be put up), and the Autopia which looks very vintage.

Capt Sparrow

I know on a recent trip down there (August) I asked a cast member at the Art of Disney store about them. They print them to order there, and there is a web site where you can order them as well. Sorry I don't know the web site.

dopey

They had small posters for Mission: Space, but I never saw any big ones. And I know they discontinued the ones that are 24" x 36". So if you find something, let us know.

ellekae

As for what someone was saying earlier, they do have them for sure in some of the galleries...I know for a FACT that they have them in the Animation Gallery in the Studios (at the end of the Animation Tour, back in the Animation Courtyard), and also at the Art of Disney in Downtown Disney. They have all sorts of vintage posters in their Art on Demand systems...they're computers, usually in the back of the gallery. You can get them printed like normal posters, framed, or on canvas even. It usually takes about an hour, and they come out REALLY nice! I hope you find what you're looking for...I can remember the Tomorrowland one, and a Haunted Mansion one, and a Pirates one too...they're great!

Main Street USA

BEWARE of the "print on demand" posters. Ask to see the finished product first. They are printed on card stock, and look like an inkjet print out form your computer. The Black shows as dark grey, the resolution is decent at best, and the size is about 2-3 inches smaller in each direction. The computer screen will say 24 x 36, but it's actually about 20 x 30 ish. This is important when you're looking to frame them.

If this is the only option for you, then it's ok, but they cost way too much for what you get. Just a few years back they sold the ACTUAL 24 x 36 posters at the Art of Disney stores in the parks, and they were $30. The print on demand things are about $40 for FAR less quality. So, again, BEWARE.

I have 11 different attration posters now, (3 print on demand) and I'm missing 3 of the originals, I believe. (Snow White, Tea Cups, and I think one other) THere are other attractions that were originally hung in the MK, but they no longer make them, like 20,000 Leagues.

I have:

One Man's Dream
Tomorrowland
Splash Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Speedway
Pirates of the Caribbean
WDW Railroad
Monorail
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Hall of Presidents

I also have 24 x 36 poster prints of some of the ones I've done myself, like RnRC, ToT, Food Rocks, SE, etc.

Main Street USA

Here are the ones I did myself: :)

Attachments

• Kitchen-Kabaret.jpg
    Kitchen-Kabaret.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Rock-N-Roller-Coaster.jpg
    Rock-N-Roller-Coaster.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 508
  • Spaceship-Earth.jpg
    Spaceship-Earth.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Test-Track.jpg
    Test-Track.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 138
  • ToT.jpg
    ToT.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 166

Tomorrow'sChild

Original Poster
I know these posters are available at Disney World, but I'm in California. That's why I was asking if there was a website that had these for sale. Besides phil-sears.com, mainstreetmegastore.com, and ebay, most of the stuff there is Disneyland. I'm looking for Disney World attraction posters.

animay

Just to verify what Main Street USA said about the print-on-demand service, it is indeed quite terrible compared to the $30 ones they used to sell in the cardboard tubes. I was just blown away by the low quality of the image. The display pieces they show at the store from it are the most expensive variety printed on canvas so they don't look too bad, but the art paper prints look awful when hung next to the older $30 styles. Best to avoid this one.

BTW Main Street: You're missing Big Thunder

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
MS USA - very nice!

If anyone is interested I have an original print of the SSE poster that used to be outside the attraction; just the art, no text. I`ll have a go at recreating the poster linked to by brkgnews above.

Main Street USA

Just to verify what Main Street USA said about the print-on-demand service, it is indeed quite terrible compared to the $30 ones they used to sell in the cardboard tubes. I was just blown away by the low quality of the image. The display pieces they show at the store from it are the most expensive variety printed on canvas so they don't look too bad, but the art paper prints look awful when hung next to the older $30 styles. Best to avoid this one.

BTW Main Street: You're missing Big Thunder
Ah, I knew I left one off. I actually have Big Thunder hanging here right next to me. Can't believe I left it off the list!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I had some free time so composited the SSE entrance poster in photoshop; if anyone wants the full size version (A4) drop me an email :D

Attachments

• SSE poster copy small.jpg
    SSE poster copy small.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 504

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom