Villians....

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
If the parks have Princesses, Faires, Famous Toons and Computer Related Stars..
Why are there never an abundant amount of Villians doing Meet & Greets?

Granted they have them out during MNSSHP and pop up in random areas..But, why no standard location to see them all?

Muppety Man

I remember meeting Cruella DeVille and Malificent randomly in Fantasyland when I was much younger and I met The Wicked Queen a few months ago in the Animation Building, but other than that I haven't seen any villains outside the MNSSHP.

By the way, don't ask The Wicked Queen if she'd like a picture with the fairest of all. She wasn't a huge fan of that.

ellie-badge

Disney probably wants to keep a fun and friendly atmosphere for the little ones, and are afraid of scaring them if, say, they had a meet-and-greet dedicated to solely villains. I remember when I was much, much younger, I almost cried when my parents tried to get me to take a picture with Darth Maul at Star Wars Weekends. Heck, I was even afraid to get a picture with Hercules because I was afraid he'd beat me up (I wish I had, though; I never see him around the parks anymore!).

Now, though, I wish they did have more villains around each of the different parks... but I can understand why they don't. I do remember quite a few years ago that I got to meet Prince John out in Liberty Square, where Pocahontas, Tiana, and Prince Naveen used to have their meet-and-greets (unless they're still there?). He was great, and very in-character.

sgtmgd

I remember meeting Cruella DeVille and Malificent randomly in Fantasyland when I was much younger and I met The Wicked Queen a few months ago in the Animation Building, but other than that I haven't seen any villains outside the MNSSHP.

By the way, don't ask The Wicked Queen if she'd like a picture with the fairest of all. She wasn't a huge fan of that.
Saw cruella a couple years ago..never seen maleficent outsite of fantasmic all these years

Ariel484

I saw the Queen of Hearts in Fantasyland in January (outside of the Mad Tea Party) and Lady Tremaine/Stepsisters near the castle in November 2009. Other than that I've only met villains (5 of them! :cool: ) on the marathon course.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Saw cruella a couple years ago..never seen maleficent outsite of fantasmic all these years

The only time to meet Maleficent is at MNSSHP after the Villain Mix 'n Mingle. She always has by FAR the longest line of any of the villains out there.

Disney probably wants to keep a fun and friendly atmosphere for the little ones, and are afraid of scaring them if, say, they had a meet-and-greet dedicated to solely villains. I remember when I was much, much younger, I almost cried when my parents tried to get me to take a picture with Darth Maul at Star Wars Weekends. Heck, I was even afraid to get a picture with Hercules because I was afraid he'd beat me up (I wish I had, though; I never see him around the parks anymore!).

Now, though, I wish they did have more villains around each of the different parks... but I can understand why they don't. I do remember quite a few years ago that I got to meet Prince John out in Liberty Square, where Pocahontas, Tiana, and Prince Naveen used to have their meet-and-greets (unless they're still there?). He was great, and very in-character.

If the villains were meeting in a designated area, it would be very easy for parents that were afraid of scaring their children to bypass it.

It should be noted that there was a villains character dinner at the Grand Floridian for a VERY short time. The night I went Jafar, Maleficent, The Evil Queen, Frollo, and the Queen of Hearts were in attendance. It only lasted about 6 months because it didn't sell very well, sadly.

Ariel484

The only time to meet Maleficent is at MNSSHP after the Villain Mix 'n Mingle. She always has by FAR the longest line of any of the villains out there.

Not the ONLY time...

Between miles 13 and 14 of the 2012 WDW Marathon:

IMG_0349.JPG

So if you feel like running the marathon, there's a CHANCE she'll be waiting for you on the course...;)

But I guess the takeaway is that the villains are, for the most part, only out for special events. I think on a regular day you can sometimes get lucky with the Queen of Hearts and Lady Tremaine/Stepsisters (or see them at 1900 Park Fare).

ellie-badge

Not the ONLY time...

IMG_0349.JPG

So if you feel like running the marathon, there's a CHANCE she'll be waiting for you on the course...;)

But I guess the takeaway is that the villains are, for the most part, only out for special events. I think on a regular day you can sometimes get lucky with the Queen of Hearts and Lady Tremaine/Stepsisters (or see them at 1900 Park Fare).

WOW!! I had NO IDEA they did things like this for marathons!!

The giant elephant skull from the Elephant Graveyard and SCAR... Oi! Where's a faint emoticon when you need one?!!? That's just freaking awesome!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Not the ONLY time...

Ohhh, good to know!!!

And you're right about the last part. The Tremaines sometimes hang out behind the castle during the day, and I've randomly seen the Queen of Hearts at DHS a few times.

Powerline

I think Lady Tremaine and the Step sisters are the only ones with scheduled meet and greets. They're in Fanatasyland next to Cinderella's castle, and switch with The Fairy Godmother from time to time.

DisDadEddie

We have gotten lucky with seeing villians with our daughter she is six years old. She has already taken photos with Maleficint,Queen of Hearts,The Tremaine's,Frollo,Ratcliffe,Jafar,Queen Grimhelde,and Cruella Deville. Too bad we have never meet Lotso or Dr. Facilier. They really should have villians out more often. We'd love a photo with Scar,Haydes, or Ursula. Disney really needs a Villians Character spot just like the way Epcot has theirs set up. Indoors so kids have a choice to see them or not. Hollywood studios could host the Famous Disney Villians Meet & Greet, it's long overdue.

Muppety Man

I saw the Queen of Hearts in Fantasyland in January (outside of the Mad Tea Party) and Lady Tremaine/Stepsisters near the castle in November 2009. Other than that I've only met villains (5 of them! :cool: ) on the marathon course.

I worked in Fantasyland in my CP in January, but not that day, and I remember the next day everyone telling me I missed seeing The Queen of Hearts outside. I've seen her in the Animation Building once though and at MNSSHP.

ariel90

There was a lotso meet and greet last time I was there. And as for kids being afraid of villains a my sister is still afraid of Mickey as an adult

El-Fuego

They seem to be testing Gaston at Epcot and I've seen the Queen of Hearts a few times in MK but aside from that no others except in the parades and shows that is.

Villains are cool and usually really funny. They get all the best scenes in the movies and the best lines. Shame we can't have more of em.

Personally I would love to see Yzma from Emperors New Groove, hugely underrated and forgotten film.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Personally I would love to see Yzma from Emperors New Groove, hugely underrated and forgotten film.

I find it interesting to see that there are costumes of the rarest villians...
like Yzma
ezma1.jpg

Prof. Ratigan & Basil
basil-ratigan-cos.jpg

Chef Louis from Little Mermaid
Chef_Louis_TDS.jpg

Jumba & Gantu from Lilo & Stitch
5895572389_2bc26e812a_z.jpg
5840686098_d780d717a0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom