Villian park?

lazyboy97o

Practically every Disney movie has a Villain of some sort. Seems there would be plenty that they could do with the Villain if they wanted to.
And in each of these movies the villain loses. How do you end a villain attraction? At best any attraction ends with a momentary victory that we all know will eventually be undone by the hero of the story.

Dizney4

Villan Park

This is a great idea. I understand the concerns that parents with young children may have. But what about for the older children? If your child is too young, you could always opt not to go to a character meal, park or land if you think they may be frightened. From 10 thru teens, boys have Pirate League. For many years we have returned to Disney, however, it would be nice if more focus was put on boys and older children.

ScorpionX

Finding villains to take pictures with is already quite a challenge, so I don't see them building a whole gate dedicated to them, not even a single land.
I took a picture with Brer Bear at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and he's a villian, as he is Brer Fox's minion in Song of the South.

harveyt0206

And in each of these movies the villain loses. How do you end a villain attraction? At best any attraction ends with a momentary victory that we all know will eventually be undone by the hero of the story.

Who says every ride/attraction has to have a happy ending??? End it with the Villain going down in a blaze of glory. You could also make the scenes from the perspective that you, the rider, are the "hero" of the attraction and fighting the Villain. This is why I'm not a Disney Imagineer. I am sure one of them can come up with some way to incorporate the Villains into attractions.

lazyboy97o

Who says every ride/attraction has to have a happy ending??? End it with the Villain going down in a blaze of glory. You could also make the scenes from the perspective that you, the rider, are the "hero" of the attraction and fighting the Villain. This is why I'm not a Disney Imagineer. I am sure one of them can come up with some way to incorporate the Villains into attractions.
Not having the happy ending means the attraction ends unresolved. We know that in the end Prince Philip slays Maleficent, that Ursula is impaled by a ship, that Captain Hook is chased off by the crocodile. The rumor of the villains park is almost always of a thrill park. Villains cannot tell a complete story, so you are left with experiences only or normal rides with themed queues and paint schemes.

The closest Disney has ever come to villain attractions and a land is Captain Nemo.

Fractal514

Not having the happy ending means the attraction ends unresolved. We know that in the end Prince Philip slays Maleficent, that Ursula is impaled by a ship, that Captain Hook is chased off by the crocodile. The rumor of the villains park is almost always of a thrill park. Villains cannot tell a complete story, so you are left with experiences only or normal rides with themed queues and paint schemes.

The closest Disney has ever come to villain attractions and a land is Captain Nemo.

I'm not entirely sure that a ride has to tell a complete story the way you think it does. The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates, and Small World don't really tell a story that has a happy ending.

lazyboy97o

I'm not entirely sure that a ride has to tell a complete story the way you think it does. The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates, and Small World don't really tell a story that has a happy ending.
That is why I said, "Villains cannot tell a complete story, so you are left with experiences only or normal rides with themed queues and paint schemes." Those would all be experiential attractions. Except the introduction of Jack Sparrow, which does bring up his own story problems, all of the characters introduced in these experiential attractions are only known for the brief seconds for which they are seen. We do not know details about their past or future. A villain, we know the future. Detailed, immersive attractions would be limited to exploring lairs and hideouts or a story that is incomplete, absent the ending we all know will eventually come.

SpaceMountainUK

I always thought if they ever did a Villains Ride it should be housed inside the mountain from Fantasia, (A Night on Bald Mountain)....Imagine a few times during the day/night the top of the mountain transforming into a huge animatronic Chernobog...wings opening, smoke, fire etc it would be sooo cool!!

Vernonpush

Wasn't that how the original Snow White was built? It didn't work and was changed to what it is now

RSoxNo1

The attraction ends unresolved? You mean like Snow White in Disneyland?

wbt06

This whole problem could be solved with a back story. Lets say the villian's got the crazy idea to band together ( think fantasmic) and build there own theme park. Instead of being a happy place it is dark, half falling apart, and dirty looking. There plan is to win over disney guests with scares and thrills instead of joy and laughter. build the rides as new story lines and not past incedents. if they did it with fantasmic they can do it here. Have signs that try to make the hero's look bad and fun stuff like that. There is no reason to say it would not work becouse the villans always loose. New and original ideas always seem to last longer at the parks anyway.

JustInTime

This whole problem could be solved with a back story. Lets say the villian's got the crazy idea to band together ( think fantasmic) and build there own theme park. Instead of being a happy place it is dark, half falling apart, and dirty looking. There plan is to win over disney guests with scares and thrills instead of joy and laughter. build the rides as new story lines and not past incedents. if they did it with fantasmic they can do it here. Have signs that try to make the hero's look bad and fun stuff like that. There is no reason to say it would not work becouse the villans always loose. New and original ideas always seem to last longer at the parks anyway.

I agree. See my initial post on this thread. :wave:

Vernonpush

Disney's Six Flags ?:ROFLOL:

lazyboy97o

The villains loose in both version of Fantasmic!, and I would wager they will lose at the upcoming version at Tokyo DisneySEA.

plutoismyhero

I really dont think this is about winning and losing i think this is more or less the idea that can a villain sustain a ride like snow white can or brer rabbit. I would definately say one could. (not sure if i worded this right at all)
Also think what if the villains became the sort of hero where they had to battle something else, then i love the idea of the villains trying to win people over by scare and thrill that is great i mean come on its disney they could make villains work
Will this ever happen ODDS are NO but it is still AWESOME to think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom