Villain’s Land Wish List & Predictions

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
Wish list and / or predictions for Villain’s Land!

My predictions:

Malificent coaster

Magic Mirror interactive screen game

Festival area

“Alternate” fireworks show

Extra show and entertainment at Halloween events

Wish list:

Miniature version of World Showcase - a courtyard encircled by all different villain’s houses, with an extravagant fountain in the center)

Walkthrough attraction or shop with villain animal sidekicks

Restaurant with more of a show style dynamic, vs standard “characters come to the table” model. Not full-on cruise line caliber, but maybe each character appears in a doorway that does lighting effects (purple for Ursula, black and white for Cruella, etc.), and slinks / dances through the restaurant to a short themed song. Maybe a sort of stand up comedy thing, where the Queen implies she poisoned everyone’s drinks or makes an “Oh gawd. Her. Everyone’s favorite pretty little princess, just frolicking through the woods talking to vermin,” comment if someone is wearing a Snow White shirt.

All. The. Snacks., lol. Snow White’s poisoned apples. Hot and crispy pillbugs. Cauldron cake pops. So many possibilities.

Quietmouse

My biggest wish is just hopes they can nail the atmosphere.

It can't be campy horror, it's a very delicate macabre horror that is a very delicate balance to achieve. Think, uneasiness, rather than full blown horror and scares. Families should still be able to walk thru villians land, without kids screaming in fear, but there should be a clear distinction that you somewhere your not supposed to be, type of feeling.

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
My biggest wish is just hopes they can nail the atmosphere.

It can't be campy horror, it's a very delicate macabre horror that is a very delicate balance to achieve. Think, uneasiness, rather than full blown horror and scares. Families should still be able to walk thru villians land, without kids screaming in fear, but there should be a clear distinction that you somewhere your not supposed to be, type of feeling.

Interesting. To me, the feeling that I associate with the “fun” side of Halloween and autumn is something like exhilaration. But I do experience the “vague uneasiness” you’re describing in parts of the Haunted Mansion, and of course it works there.

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
A Madame Mim magic show would be great.

Or maybe a shop that sells merchandise for pets (I.E. collars, harnesses, toys, etc.) but all themed to an evil menagerie. It could even have evil animal characters like Lucifer, Si & Am, & Iago featured.

On the pet merch store - that was exactly my thought! I don’t know why it seems like a good fit for Villains Land in particular but it just does.

JIMINYCR

A Villains land will succed if done right. In the Disney catalogue you have a broad range of Villains from pure evil to bumbling inept bad guys. All should be represented. Walts formula was that Evil puts Good in a struggle to overcome a bad situation but in the end Evil loses out and Good triumphs. From the struggle lessons are learned and there is growth and strength one hadnt realized was possible. The tone has to be set at a level where the average guest and children arent traumatized by that fight to win out over Evil.
I'm hoping for a broad representation of Evil types. Situations where the guest can pick sides Good or Evil, but Good wins in the end. The Dis formula of a coaster, several mild action attractions, stage shows and themed dining spots. Walking characters that entertain throughout the land.
Lets see how Dis can put out an entertaining land without the fear causing guest dissatisfaction. Dark rides ( Snow White), too scary themed venues (Alien), woke situations ( how evil is represented ) show it will be a difficult meld that brings guest favor.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I'd argue that it'd benefit them to walk back plans for a coaster here but I'm sure there'd be backlash to even suggest such a thing. To maximize space, this area really doesn't need a coaster. Though it's still early days and the concept art was just that.

Too many ideas not enough space!

Last edited:

LittleMerman

Just some fun ideas!

ATTRACTIONS:

Maleficent's Dark Forest
A high-speed coaster where guests journey through the eerie, enchanted forest controlled by Maleficent. Expect encounters with thorny brambles, fire-breathing dragons, and illusions of magic as Maleficent tries to trap you in her realm forever.

Jafar's Cave of Wonders
A thrilling dark ride that takes guests deep into the Cave of Wonders, where they must dodge traps and illusions set by Jafar. The ride culminates in a thrilling escape on a magic carpet as the cave collapses around you.

FOOD & BEV:

Flotsam and Jetsam's
A seafood table service restaurant located in an underwater-themed grotto, filled with glowing seaweed, shimmering fish tanks, and Ursula’s lair at the heart of the dining area. The menu highlights fresh seafood, including dishes like “Tentacle Tempura,” “Triton’s Catch of the Day,” and “Ursula’s Ocean Potion,” a mysterious blue cocktail with layers of coconut rum, blue curaçao, and pineapple juice, garnished with a tentacle-shaped candy. Ursula herself might pop in as a projection to serenade guests with her iconic songs.

Dr. Facilier’s Voodoo Lounge
A dark, mysterious bar filled with voodoo symbols, glowing skulls, and the sounds of jazz and blues. The bar is shadowy and intimate, with flickering candles and rich, dark woods. Signature cocktails might include “Shadow Man’s Elixir,” a bourbon-based drink with a smoky finish, “Bayou Blood,” a spicy bloody mary with a Creole twist, and “Voodoo Vendetta,” a dark rum cocktail with mysterious ingredients. Dr. Facilier’s shadow might appear on the walls, interacting with guests in unsettling ways.

The Potion Bar
This quick-service beverage station, inspired by the Evil Queen, would offer a unique blend of delicious, visually appealing cocktails with a dark fairytale twist. If you dare, try the famous Peddler Disguise potion that turned the Evil Queen into an old and ugly peddler.

Oogie Boogie’s Trick & Treats
A spooky, fun-filled candy shop inspired by Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The shop is designed with glowing dice, burlap textures, and a playful, chaotic atmosphere, offering Halloween-themed treats all year round.

SHOPPING

Cruella Couture
A high-fashion boutique inspired by Cruella de Vil, featuring black, white, and red decor, with chic mannequins and stylish displays. The shop offers fashion-forward Disney villain apparel, accessories, and home decor, all with Cruella’s signature flair.

Mother Gothel’s Tower Treasures
A cozy, yet eerie shop set within the hidden tower of Mother Gothel from Tangled. The shop features rustic wooden beams, glowing lanterns, and an assortment of enchanted flora. The merchandise is focused on the world of Tangled and includes items related to the magical flower, Rapunzel, and of course, Mother Gothel.

Captain Hook’s Treasure Chest
A pirate-themed shop designed like the interior of Captain Hook’s ship, the Jolly Roger. The shop is filled with nautical decor, treasure chests, and pirate paraphernalia, offering a wide range of pirate-themed merchandise and collectibles.

KDM31091

I am definitely curious how they will pull this off, as it's a tight rope to walk. If you make things too scary you get nonstop complaints, a la Alien Encounter, even though it had ample signage indicating it was not appropriate for children. But if you make it too happy, what's the point?

I would assume we get something along the vibe level of Haunted Mansion. Not really actively frightening, but a spooky atmosphere.

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
I am definitely curious how they will pull this off, as it's a tight rope to walk. If you make things too scary you get nonstop complaints, a la Alien Encounter, even though it had ample signage indicating it was not appropriate for children. But if you make it too happy, what's the point?

I would assume we get something along the vibe level of Haunted Mansion. Not really actively frightening, but a spooky atmosphere.

I feel like Aliens was low level ”horror”, not the kind of “scary” fun that kids enjoy while trick-or-treating.

Don’t get me wrong, I would still rather this got its own park, not MK. I love the concept but have reservations about putting it in the park most geared to littles. I think “Halloween decorations” level scary is still too much for many little ones. But I do think Disney does a lot with “fun scary” at the Halloween events already, and they seem to be pretty good at it.

Figments Friend

My wish is that it actually gets built , and built properly as a FULL land with no cutbacks and shortcomings.
Go big, go spooky, or just go home.

But I have serious doubts any of the above will transpire.
We shall see….

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom