Villa Questions

NOVAtraveler

1) I received confirmation of my SSR. It says 1 bedroom villa ZLH. Is ZLH "code" for something I should care about?
2) For my second trip, I reserved an AKL Villa. The reservation CM said - at LEAST 3 times - that I had booked the LAST 1BR villa. Was she trying to tell me something? (This may be moot as the LAST villa hasn't yet appeared on my itinerary page 12 hours later.)
3) Are detergent/dryer sheets provided in villas, or should I pack them?

Just 39 more days to obsess about the details!

pcarathers

1) I received confirmation of my SSR.

I've also booked SSR (for December). Doing as much "research" as I can, all I've seen is that there is a box of single load (maybe 2 load, depending on how much you use) detergent. I don't know if they supply this everyday. There's no mention of that. We're planning on bringing our own detergent.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Are you staying on points or paying cash for the villa? If you are paying cash they should leave you one of those single serve powder detergent boxes every day. Otherwise, you can pay like 3 dollars to get more. We usually just pack a small box and some dryer sheets to use. It ends up being cheaper.

As far as the code, I'm guessing it's just a discount code.

Upvote 0

NOVAtraveler

Original Poster
Paid cash, no discounts. :mad: Yeah, I'll prolly just bring my own detergent as well. Can't be much to wash, after all.

I was hoping somebody would say that ZLH tells me where I'm staying at SSR. Haven't been there yet, but I hear that DTD can be noisy at night. I just want to be prepared.

Still haven't seen my itinerary updated to show the switch to AKL Villa. Guess I'll be on the phone this afternoon.

Thank all for replies.

(And, I meant obsess, not obsses!)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

1) I received confirmation of my SSR. It says 1 bedroom villa ZLH. Is ZLH "code" for something I should care about?
2) For my second trip, I reserved an AKL Villa. The reservation CM said - at LEAST 3 times - that I had booked the LAST 1BR villa. Was she trying to tell me something? (This may be moot as the LAST villa hasn't yet appeared on my itinerary page 12 hours later.)

Glad to help!

...Is ZLH "code" for something I should care about?

You need not be concerned, this is simply an internally used booking code.

Every room reservation (both discounted and non-discounted) uses a 3 letter code to identify the type of reservation booked and rate you are paying for your room or package.

In your case, ZLH tells me you booked online a Magic Your Way Package (resort room + MYW Ticket) paying regular rack rates for your travel dates.

The reservation CM said - at LEAST 3 times - that I had booked the LAST 1BR villa. Was she trying to tell me something?

She was just expressing how lucky you were to get exactly the room you wanted! It can excite us Cast Members when we are able to find and book just what you wanted when we know availability is scares. I kinda get excited too when I find a great room rate for a Guest, especially if I have been spending most of that day telling Guests what they want is sold out!

As pcarathers and mouselvrmom stated, a single use box of detergent is provided daily by Mousekeeping when staying on a cash reservation. Dryer Sheets are not provided.

was hoping somebody would say that ZLH tells me where I'm staying at SSR.

Only your room category is determined at the time of booking. You actual room assignment will be determined by the Resort on your date of check-in.

Enjoy your stay with us! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Paid cash, no discounts. :mad: Yeah, I'll prolly just bring my own detergent as well. Can't be much to wash, after all.

I was hoping somebody would say that ZLH tells me where I'm staying at SSR. Haven't been there yet, but I hear that DTD can be noisy at night. I just want to be prepared.

Only if you sleep with your balcony doors open :) I have had rooms in SSR right across from PI and there was almost no noise. I say almost because if the room was dead quiet, and you listened for it, you could barely hear the bass line of some music - barely. I can't imagine it keeping anybody awake.

As for the washing machines. Be aware they are stacked apartment units. They are pretty small. I can't imagine doing more than one load a day, but when I stay on points, I take extra detergent along.

-dave

Upvote 0

dizMOM

We have stayed at SSR several times and actually request a DTD view. We have never found it noisey and the view (especially at night) is fun. Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

NOVAtraveler

Original Poster
Thank You All!

I'm just amazed at all the cool info I always get from other users. Thank you all and have a wonderful time when you go.

Thanks to the CM for allaying my fears. The problem is that when I get on the "final countdown" and I'm really just waiting to pack, I think of all sorts of stooopid stuff. I wonder what would happen if you could just reserve on Tuesday, throw some stuff in a bag and arrive on Wednesday? :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom