View of SSE through Torii Gate blocked.

Pacha

Trees.jpg

Why did Disney put those big red arrows on top of the trees?

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Here's the case in point.. I took this photo on my honeymoon in June of 2006. The tree is clearly not there as you can see the trunks of the two next to it are very visible. The tree in question I'm guessing is at least 40 feet tall, so unless it grew that tall in just under 9 years, I'd say it's a transplant.

IMAG3391.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-07-12-13-52.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here's the case in point.. I took this photo on my honeymoon in June of 2006. The tree is clearly not there as you can see the trunks of the two next to it are very visible. The tree in question I'm guessing is at least 40 feet tall, so unless it grew that tall in just under 9 years, I'd say it's a transplant.

IMAG3391.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-07-12-13-52.png
The tree in question is not 40' tall. it is somewhere between 20'-30' and a pine can grow to that height from a seed in 10 years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is your opinion? And also, it hasn't been 10 years.
Opinion? No. My eyesight. The tree is not the height of a 4 story building.

As far as the time goes it is nearly 9 years from your picture to the present day. A pine can easily go from seed to 20' in the time.

But just ask yourself, what is the most probable conclusion of the 2 scenarios.

1. Disney deliberately and at expense to them dug up a mature pine tree, hauled it across the lagoon and planted it so that they could destroy the view.

or...

2 A pine tree grew from a seed from one of the neighboring trees and Disney has neglected to cut it down.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Opinion? No. My eyesight. The tree is not the height of a 4 story building.

As far as the time goes it is nearly 9 years from your picture to the present day. A pine can easily go from seed to 20' in the time.

But just ask yourself, what is the most probable conclusion of the 2 scenarios.

1. Disney deliberately and at expense to them dug up a mature pine tree, hauled it across the lagoon and planted it so that they could destroy the view.

or...

2 A pine tree grew from a seed from one of the neighboring trees and Disney has neglected to cut it down.
You honestly think that's 8 feet shorter than the Earth Globe?? I have to strongly disagree with you. Also I never said they did anything to deliberately destroy the view. Why can't anyone post anything on here that they find fascinating without someone thinking their agenda is to defame Disney?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You honestly think that's 8 feet shorter than the Earth Globe?? I have to strongly disagree with you. Also I never said they did anything to deliberately destroy the view. Why can't anyone post anything on here that they find fascinating without someone thinking their agenda is to defame Disney?
You were the one claiming that it was 40' tall. I said it was between 20'-30' max.

You were the one claiming that it could not have grown to its height in less than 10 years. I posted a growth chart for that species of tree showing that 20' in 10 years is not only possible, but downright average.

Goofyernmost

It doesn't really matter because as discussed before, Disney never once claimed that it was setup to frame SSE. In fact, the reality that any square, oblong or round object on the opposite end of a circular lagoon will frame it if you are standing in the dead center looking at SSE. It would be fruitless to do something intentional to frame it when it is going to happen naturally anyway. Whether or not the tree was there before and grew or was planted there, (for which no one has given a reason why they would go to the expense to do that even accidentally) is of no real consequence and is a product of our overly active imaginations concerning all things Disney. They are human, they don't think of everything. Sometimes nature and physics are in charge.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
You were the one claiming that it was 40' tall. I said it was between 20'-30' max.

You were the one claiming that it could not have grown to its height in less than 10 years. I posted a growth chart for that species of tree showing that 20' in 10 years is not only possible, but downright average.
It's ok, I have no problem agreeing to disagree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom