View of SSE through Torii Gate blocked.

LucyK

IMG_1603.JPG
February 2013:

R W B

You all are gonna make me look through this gate now on my next trip, never noticed the "view" before.

Monorail Mike

In comparing the photos, it does look they got a landscaping crew out to the island to cut the grass and clean up around the water. Perhaps due to the occasional brush fires after ROE?

ABQ

Was there no fence back in the day? Meaning back when EPCOT Center first opened? One of the pics coming up in @Cmdr_Crimson 's Google search link is this one:
dm6289.jpg

Which is apparently 1983. I'm wondering if the photographer is just leaning way over and possibly holding their camera down low over the rocks or, are they just standing on the rocks.
Also, funny how original era EPCOT seemingly had fewer water fowl pooping on the gate.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I understand the Disney-instinct of wanting to have cool views wherever you look in the parks, but I have to admit that this thread made me laugh a little. First world problems.
For clarification I started this thread because I was baffled at the fact that it seemed the tree kind of just appeared there after almost 32 years of an unobstucted enjoyed view of SSE juxtaposed with an element of WS.

Goofyernmost

For clarification I started this thread because I was baffled at the fact that it seemed the tree kind of just appeared there after almost 32 years of an unobstucted enjoyed view of SSE juxtaposed with an element of WS.
I think it has been proven via pictures that it didn't just appear there. It has been growing there all that time.

Besides that the only way to have unobstructed views is to cut everything down and pave the place over. Nature is such a buzz kill.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I think it has been proven via pictures that it didn't just appear there. It has been growing there all that time.

Besides that the only way to have unobstructed views is to cut everything down and pave the place over. Nature is such a buzz kill.
I admit, I haven't been much in the last 5 years whuch was one of the first pics posted. Im just saying it was surprising, thats all. That view while slowly changing, had never been that obstructed. Nature, yes, but still a surprise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom