View of SSE through Torii Gate blocked.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I was in EPCOT a few days ago and noticed something very disappointing. The former grand view of Spaceship Earth through Japan's Torii Gate is now blocked by a tree. This tree looks brand new too, as you'll see in the photos, there's no way the tree could've grown that much in that short amount of time. Also just for reference, both photos are (post wand). You used to be able to get amazing perspective of SSE through the gate as soon as you walked out of the store in the back of the pavilion, no more. Now you can't even see it from there. :(

Attachments

• 4001447810_67147a161f_b.jpg
    4001447810_67147a161f_b.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 614
  • FB_DisneyWorld_0037.jpg
    FB_DisneyWorld_0037.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:

Father Robinson

Original Poster
My biggest question is where did the tree come from? And why was it added? I know it was not there before. I've been looking through that gate for years and never once had my view blocked like that by a MATURE tree!

ABQ

My biggest question is where did the tree come from? And why was it added? I know it was not there before. I've been looking through that gate for years and never once had my view blocked like that by a MATURE tree!
Wonder if it was brought over from the MK? Seriously....it's possible, is it not? Something removed in the hub remodel or the various planters that have been removed.

Tom 55

I was in EPCOT a few days ago and noticed something very disappointing. The former grand view of Spaceship Earth through Japan's Torii Gate is now blocked by a tree. This tree looks brand new too, as you'll see in the photos, there's no way the tree could've grown that much in that short amount of time. Also just for reference, both photos are (post wand). You used to be able to get amazing perspective of SSE through the gate as soon as you walked out of the store in the back of the pavilion, no more. Now you can't even see it from there. :(

Here is a picture I took in 2009. The view looks like it has changed very little.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 166

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Theres a couple of new trees and they pruned the others, besides the blocked view the islands look pretty good, those trees were looking pretty sad for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom