Video taping Tough to be a Bug

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some have, with varying degrees of success. Generally, it is a no no. You really need to know someone in the `know`. As they say.

TTATraveler

Is it really worth all the hassle of getting a pair of 3D glasses for the camcorder so you can record the show, which you aren't supposed to do??

Capitain_Hook

Original Poster
Allow me to clarify, my daughter has leukemia and that is her favorite attraction. I wanted to tape it, so she could watch it when she is having bad days.

RonAnnArbor

That sounds like a noble thing to do for your daughter -- still -- the movies are all copyrighted and it is just as illegal as trying to video tape a movie at your local cineplex. You might be able to find something by googling around a bit.

WEDisney

I have taped it and if I had the camera on a tripod it would have been a great copy (too jumpy). Usually they say no video taping but this time there was no such announcement. I had a polarized lens in my camera bag and that cleared up all the blur from the 3D image. I wish Disney would release all their attraction movies onto a DVD (ie. Shrek 4D), both past and present.

bgraham34

It would be great to have it one DVD especially to show people who have never been to the world before or in a long time.

MeTa

My father taped all of the 3-D shows at disney with glasses on the camera beleive it or not. At some points its funny because the glasses slide down, but it actually comes out clear to view. I have Captain EO, HISTA, Bugs Life, and Philharmonic. Don't know how he sneaked it in, maybe they were not paying attention. But glasses on the eyeview does work.

OmegaKnight

You also aren't supposed to take photos of attraction pictures. The reasoning for this is that even though you may be in the photo, the border on the photo and all the other stuff are copyrighted to Disney, Kodak and a bunch of other people.

joshwill

Good for them. There is bothing more annoying than being in a dark show/ride and some rude person ruins the experiance with a camcorder screen light.

Bravo to the cm's, they should all be like that.

RonAnnArbor

OmegaKnight said:
You also aren't supposed to take photos of attraction pictures. The reasoning for this is that even though you may be in the photo, the border on the photo and all the other stuff are copyrighted to Disney, Kodak and a bunch of other people.

THAT and the fact that if you take a photo and develop it yourself via photoshop at home, they lose 12 bucks per photo at the park. It's about money.

dolbyman

I photographed all onride photos .. with my camcorder (ok .. it dosn't look like it's makin photos) .. and I never had any problem exept in mummy the ride in usf .. the "cast member" nearly pushed me away when I tried takin a photo with my crappy mobile camera :fork:

Dukeblue1016

I've always wondered this... so if you do tape it (i'm not gonna) with the 3-d glasses on the video camera, then when you watch it at home... if you wear 3-d glasses will it work the same and come out at you? or no...

I'm confused... don't know why or how, i just am...

dolbyman

no the glasses are polarizers .. that will filter out one of the two images .. so you don't get that double image :animwink:

Dukeblue1016

dolbyman said:
no the glasses are polarizers .. that will filter out one of the two images .. so you don't get that double image :animwink:

thats what i was figuring... so if you film it regular... then what if you watch it at home with glasses on??? then will it be like the real deal???

Since1976

Dukeblue1016 said:
I've always wondered this... so if you do tape it (i'm not gonna) with the 3-d glasses on the video camera, then when you watch it at home... if you wear 3-d glasses will it work the same and come out at you? or no...

I'm confused... don't know why or how, i just am...

Hahahaha. When I was a kid, I wondered why i couldn't see my reflection in a mirror that was on TV...

dxwwf3

dolbyman said:
and I never had any problem exept in mummy the ride in usf .. the "cast member" nearly pushed me away when I tried takin a photo with my crappy mobile camera :fork:

I love how hardcore the guys and gals over at ROTM are about video and pictures. It always makes me think that the attraction isn't even worth the trouble :). Sure I think it's a fun attraction with a nice queue, but I think it's another overrated USF attraction (much like MIB).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom