VIDEO - Take a look inside the stunning ballroom of the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant'

ChristianG

I've gotta say, it's looking a lot better than when we first saw it.
Still not up to par with the movie version though. I wish the ceiling was taller so the windows could be grander.

Let's see the inside of The Little Mermaid, already! :lol:

Enchantâmes

What I do not understand is how they keep talking about "getting the details right" yet it looks almost nothing like the actual Ballroom in the movie...

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Or, it may not be. Thankfully, dining in the parks is optional for all.
There was room for so much potential..and yes I would have loved to eat there with my little girl she will be around 3 or 4 depending on when we go next time.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
picture.php

picture.php

MAF

What I do not understand is how they keep talking about "getting the details right" yet it looks almost nothing like the actual Ballroom in the movie...

I couldn't agree more. Just another confirmation that WDW is cutting corners in every possible way to pinch pennies with this expansion.

Gregoryp73

It's obvious that they still are doing much more (the place won't be open for another 6 months...) But other than the windows on the back side of the wall, it looks pretty darn close. I'm sure they will do murals in the windows on the second floor and wrap light blue banners along the level...they also still need to finish painting the room. When done, it should be much better then we've seen so far.

Not to mention...the angle you see in the photo is from floor level...I'm assuming those back windows will feel much much taller sitting at dining level.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There was room for so much potential..and yes I would have loved to eat there with my little girl she will be around 3 or 4 depending on when we go next time.

So try it. Instead of shooting down an option before it has even opened.

sweetpee_1993

I wondered if it was just me but I guess not. The scale is wrong. In the movie the ballroom was much more grand. This room appears small & intimate. That throws me off almost entirely. It's beautiful, no arguement there. I think a better way of explaining it would be that it's a dining room inspired by the ballroom scene. You can't call that room the ballroom because it simply isn't. Pretty, tho.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I couldn't agree more. Just another confirmation that WDW is cutting corners in every possible way to pinch pennies with this expansion.

Which can easily be told by looking at some photos on the internet.....

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I wondered if it was just me but I guess not. The scale is wrong. In the movie the ballroom was much more grand. This room appears small & intimate. That throws me off almost entirely. It's beautiful, no arguement there. I think a better way of explaining it would be that it's a dining room inspired by the ballroom scene. You can't call that room the ballroom because it simply isn't. Pretty, tho.

The problem is the way you enter it technically you will be the castle so it is supposed to be THE ballroom not one inspired by it otherwise what is the point of the tiny fake castle on top of the building.

Scale is the biggest factor.. Whoever is in charge of the forced prospective for this entire project seems to have been a little off

devoy1701

Ok I can kinda see if they paint some more it will look better but the scale still seems off

I agree. Scale is completely off. The movie ballroom looks to be atleast 3 stories tall, possibly more? The FLE one is just 2, correct? And that ceiling...it really does hurt the grand feel...maybe they can do some lighting around the rim and a paint job to make it appear like it's domed using different color tones (EDIT: ceiling already has mural so there goes paint tone for domed effect), but I don't know if the room is tall enough to pull that off. And where are those huge columns in the FLE ballroom? Actually where are the columns at all? It looks like we have about 1/4 of the columns as the Ballroom from the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom