Video on in SSE

Disney_Freak429

Exaclty! That annoyed me:ROFLOL: *Bond nerd*

And it sort of makes sense that it *could* be opening early because the queue is lit up at night, the signs are up, and the outside queue is done...hmmm.

It annoyed me too :lol: I had a :eek: moment glad Adam came in with the save. Judi Vs. Patrick, "M" Vs. "Pro. X" WHO WILL WIN?!:lookaroun:p

I hope she does end up being the narrator, I love her voice! Oh and while I was in Disney World this past week I found myself talking with a Dream Team member for about an hour (she was super nice) I asked her about Spaceship Earth, about the postponed date of the opening and she said that Disney had gotten lots of complaints about it. She kept mentioning the complaints like it was ALOT...she also mentioned one of the prizes being given away was a ride in a hot air balloon... that looks like Spaceship Earth!! I had no idea they even had one, anyone else know about it? Any pictures?

dannb1001

I'm all for Patrick Stewart being the narrator. He would be GREAT! I can just hear is voice in the ride. Spaceship Earth/Star Trek LOL, sorry for the comparison. I know it isnt going to happen that he would be the narrator but, would be cool.

IcicleM

I don't care who the narrator is, because I trust that they'll make the right choice. The only thing I want still in the ride is the opening line:

"L[FONT=&quot]ike a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers." [/FONT]

dannb1001

Patrick Stewart would be great at saying that line, Like a grand and miraculous spaceship.
Do also hope the ride will be smoother than what it was.

Anyhow, So the opening date my not be pushed back, or, ahead?

t3techcom18

Ehhh, I'm iffy on this one. Judi Dench is a GREAT actress, (one of the greatest actresses on film, like Meryl Streep, in my opinon) and has a GREAT voice...but for a documentary type thing.

I don't know if I would either get bored or just get a bit hesistant, cause her voice gets on my nerves after a while of hearing it. I think her voice, while good, is just too passive for narrating. SSE needs a narrator that has a firm, strong, core voice to it. A voice that is unique and would possibly remind me of you SSE whenever you hear that voice. If we have a passive voice narrator and listening to them, while going on a 15 minute ride or so in A/C during the summer...welllll, I wouldn't get surprised if all of a sudden people went :snore: now more than they did before.

Don't get me wrong folks, sure, the strong core voice is usually associated with men, but there are several actresses that I know that can do that as well. My actor's choice (and number #1 for SSE) is still Patrick Stewart, but if it was for an actress, I would say Kate Mulgrew, Sigourney Weaver, Lena Headey, or maybe even (if she's doing anything anymore) Linda Hamilton.

And as for the question about why all the British have a strong voice to them, I would say because of the fact their voices can sound real deep at times or high, and with either or, the accent just makes it sound really formal. Just an honest guess, as much as I love that accent, haha. :wave:

haveyoumetmark

I am excited. All in all, I think Judi Dench was a great choice! Cannot wait to travel through updated time with a female narrator with an English accent!

CJR

Why don't they just have two narrators? One male, one female. So that way when one part of the narration is starting to get tiresome, they can switch it to the other person and make it fresh. The ride doesn’t necessarily have to have one narrator. Although, if it's going to be one, Judi is a great choice. Still, I think a Patrick Stewart and Judi Dench combination would be better.

jedimaster1227

Why don't they just switch off and pass the mic Run-DMC style?

Stewart: Through the dawn of recorded history,
Discoveries 'been made.
Cavemen gettin' cave-ladies,
Cave-babies bein' made.

Dench: Though Bond couldn't read like this,
My rappin's oh so true.
Past the time of fire,
Communication pushed on through...

(To be continued when I return from lunch!)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Exaclty! That annoyed me:ROFLOL: *Bond nerd*

And it sort of makes sense that it *could* be opening early because the queue is lit up at night, the signs are up, and the outside queue is done...hmmm.
here here.... :lol:

side note, off topic: i watched The World is not Enough last night on FX i think. could have been another network. the only thing bad about that one is Denise Richards. the second she speaks...... :fork:

kucarachi

Why are the only choices british? did i miss something. I never even heard of a british space man...other than david bowie. So my choice is david bowie or that guy from house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom