Video of the old imageworks

ewensell3

Just found this on youtube, it was posted on April 2, 2011....

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamthewoo#p/a/u/0/CAnag-RNAAI

Hate to say it, but the upstairs is looking better than the rest of the building. Was there March 15 and the ride was looking pretty sad. The ride vehicle we rode was all scratched up. You could see the old blue/lavendar paint under the red. And white under the blue. The base? The entire ride looked dusty and creaked and groaned the entire length.

Very sad.

In a previous video the red sections of the rainbow corridor were lit up. Looks like they've put in regular lights to keep the path lit. Ahwell.

redshoesrock

Alright, I'll bite. How did this guy get that video? Did he wait until there weren't any CMs looking and then ran up the stairs? If so, he's lucky he didn't get caught.

the-reason14

Alright, I'll bite. How did this guy get that video? Did he wait until there weren't any CMs looking and then ran up the stairs? If so, he's lucky he didn't get caught.

That's what I'm thinking/wondering. My guess is he had someone be a decoy.

Either way, this is pretty sad imo. I remember way back in the day probably 95 or 96 and me being to scared to do HISTA and breaking off the group and riding Imagination a million times with my dad and exploring the image works. It's sad to see it just sit there and decay. And that was pretty spooky too, being all alone up there and 'breaking the rules.' Wish I had the nerve to do that, and one day I may. I'll have to have a decoy though and when I'm coming back down, I'll need him or her to let the chain down so when/if I'm confronted I can just say the chain was down and I thought I could do up there. :lol:

raven

He's very lucky he wasn't caught. There are a few offices right there near the exit of the old Imageworks that are in use every day. Obviously he didn't brave enough to go all the way in and around the entire area. Had he had done so he would see it's all equipment storage now.

The area has been closed down for public use due to mold problems. Several areas around the property have had the same delima. Eventually they may be gutted or torn down all together. But if the guy in the video was caught I don't think he'd be seeing Epcot anymore. Security doesn't mess around with tresspassing.

JustInTime

So sad. Love Disney but this should not be! What a waste of space. The entire building. The rainbow corridor even in it's unlit stage is cooler than the current ride. Sad. Just Sad.

tirian

He's very lucky he wasn't caught. There are a few offices right there near the exit of the old Imageworks that are in use every day. Obviously he didn't brave enough to go all the way in and around the entire area. Had he had done so he would see it's all equipment storage now.

The area has been closed down for public use due to mold problems. Several areas around the property have had the same delima. Eventually they may be gutted or torn down all together. But if the guy in the video was caught I don't think he'd be seeing Epcot anymore. Security doesn't mess around with tresspassing.

Mold? Couldn't it be cleaned and replaced, just like the asbestos-filled, moldy Small World was?

Upstairs was closed long before they had mold problems; it was a victim of the old cheap- days.

P.S. I wonder if Disney is going to contact this guy.

tirian

watch his nickelodeon video too.

Someone needs to teach him that a million slow-mo effects don't make a video cool. Plus, his PI cracks about donkeys betray a lack of Disney trivia knowledge.

...yet I'm glad he tracked down that Nickelodeon time capsule. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Yeah. I was wondering how he got up there, too. I watched the Nick video and when he was walking up the stairs you could see his lookout at the base of the steps. I've never seen the Nick stuff in person (past or present) so I'm clueless as to where that is or how off the beaten path it may be.

I love how he said the Nick of today is nowhere near the Nick of the 90s. How about the 80s??? 'You Can't Do That On Television'....where do people think the whole sliming concept came from??? Uh....I don't know...... :lookaroun:D

Monorail Lime

Mold problems be fixed with bleach. It can't be too toxic or there wouldn't be offices up there? :shrug:

This video is foolish and will encourage others to do the same. Disney should find out who this guy is and put him on trespass notice.

JustInTime

watch his nickelodeon video too.

Gee! Thanks for that! I spent the past 2 hours looking up my old favorite shows. :) The good news is that TeenNick is going to start a nightly block of shows called, "The 90's are All That". Starting fall 2011. Looks like I will be getting TeenNick.

Rose Marie

I never even knew about this place! I love how the pavilion windows allow so much natural light in -- it gives the area a light, airy feeling that the rest of the building is sadly lacking. :dazzle: It's crazy how much stuff remains up there, like that one day they can flip some switches and the place will come back to life. The rainbow tunnel looks like it'd be a fun place to be if you were tripping. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom