VIDEO - Epcot's new Tip Board goes live with all new features

Oddysey

While I like being able to see the old tip board from far away, I think this is an improvement for Future World. Ultimately, I dont have a twitter, and I am not a fan of twitter, but twitter is a form of communication that has recently changed the way society communicates. If Future World is not going to be about the very distant future (ala Horizons) then at the very least it should be up to date with current times. The old board looked very dated. Especially with the random pixelation issues it has had for the past two or three years. The new boards, while harder to read from a distance, help to bring a piece of Future World into a more present time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember that its an LCD screen, so they can reconfigure this display as required. I would expect the Twitter feed only to be there during events. In that case they could very easily crank up the text size for the wait times.

Pioneer Hall

Not sure, but I had heard the Twitter feed was taken down the day after it debuted. Not sure what the current status is though.

RSoxNo1

Not sure, but I had heard the Twitter feed was taken down the day after it debuted. Not sure what the current status is though.

It's ripe for abuse. Speaking from personal experience, this has resulted in our potentially re-arranging our show schedule to talk about Food and Wine and potentially "promote" it in the park.

Scuttle

I liked the older one better, it gave you the wait times and it was large enough to be read from a distance so you could plan where to go next. It reminded me of those digital sign boards of the highways warning you of traffic.

Absolutely! I didn't like it when I saw it Saturday. Maybe it'll grow on me, but your right you can't see from a distance.

Disaddict

The tweet part will go away soon I'm sure. As soon as the sarcastic morons start figuring out ways to get by the filters. They ought to put random ride photos on the board in one of those other two screens and the hours/fireworks/parade times guide in the other. AND make the whole thing bigger. Much bigger.

Btw, they need one of these boards in each park.

Scuttle

Is the twitter feed still running in the park?

I'm sure if it's not already it will be soon, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it was taken down after the second day or maybe that was someone's opinion I can't remember. Personally I think it was a bad idea to begin with.

Scuttle

Really though? It is almost 2012. Smartphones are used for wait times now. :wave:

Stoneage people.

I use lines from touring plans on my iPhone almost everyday of my life, but I still like to see what the park wait times are from the tip board. Actually I usually only care about FP return times, especially at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom